GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    grab the dump file out of the zip in the reliability history associated to the driver crash and send it to nvidia.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I've never done this before so I tried to google it and did find the Reliability History and the two driver crashes I had yesterday but not sure what you mean by "grab the dump file out of the zip". I can right click on the event and select "show technical information", then "copy to clipboard" and finally save in a .TXT file...is that it?

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There should be a hypertext to unpack dump files and the wer data

[​IMG]

driver resets and crashes are meant to automatically prepare reports for microsoft including the live kernel or kernel/mini dumps in a zip along with the exception code in a text file.

ugh... it looks like microsoft removed this in 2017 or 18, another thing they've gone and screwed.

this was the only way to get live kernel tdr dump files since they started automatically deleting them from the windows folder.

Alright, you'll need to change a setting in GPEdit to get at the files,

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...-problem-reporting-settings-windows-10-a.html

It'll have to be on

• Always ask before sending data (Each time a problem occurs, ask me before checking for solutions) - Windows prompts users for consent to send reports.
    Edit:

nope, another feature ****ed by microsoft, the hardware event doesn't have the temporary files hypertext and the livekernel folder is still emptied.

Eureka!!!!!

in gpedit.msc

Computer Configuration
    > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Error Reporting > Advanced Error Reporting Settings.

Open "Configure Report Archive"
    Set it to Enabled, drop down to Store all.

[​IMG]

Reproducing application crashes and TDR's will now retain the Zip file containing the dump file allowing you to extract it and forward it on to driverfeedback@nvidia.com

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    Netherwind and Ohmer like this.
  4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I've never done this before so I tried to google it and did find the Reliability History and the two driver crashes I had yesterday but not sure what you mean by "grab the dump file out of the zip". I can right click on the event and select "show technical information", then "copy to clipboard" and finally save in a .TXT file...is that it?
    Quite the explanation :) I've enabled this and will play the game tomorrow. Hopefully it crashes so that I can extract the the data required to driverfeedback.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I wish MSFT would stop making things shittier for admin users.

Archvile82 likes this.
  6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I can confirm this issue with a Gigabyt x570 Aorus Master on Bios F33c.
    Vulcan performance on RDR2 plummets with above 4g decoding enabled. This is on the latest Windows 10 normal version, latest current Nvidia driver and AMD chipset driver.
    Time for Powershell :D

7. janos666

janos666 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Interesting. I have been keeping "Above 4G" enabled on all machines ever since I had to enable it on some H170 board (or some such) which I used for Ethereum mining back around 2018 (or so) and the board couldn't handle much more than 1-2 cards without this. I never thought this could do any harm on any systems, so I kept enabling it on all of them (not only for mining equipment). Also, Doom 2016 ran just fine on my Z370 system (with "Above 4G" enabled as usual but obviously with no ReBar back then which I just got recently).

A funny thing about ReBar: I obviously didn't solve the microstutters in old Bioware (Frostbite3 based) games (my favorite tests after I change something in the system, hard- or soft).

Any similar ideas about VT-d? That's also something I keep enabled "just because".

8. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW

I have a Z370 system with a 980 TI 8 GB gpu. I didn't even notice the Above 4G setting until all this REBAR stuff came about. I turned it on about a week ago and have noticed no difference.