GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    3080 and 3090 are known for current lag-spikes, and stutters in some games even on desktop.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Mikstar2020 likes this.
  2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    AMD's driver gave a nice boost for Hitman 3, should we expect performance boost with the upcoming GRD ?

3. macle0d

macle0d New Member

GPU:
    Giga 3080 Gaming OC
    So, did you try it? Did they fix the stutter in VR?

4. Mikstar2020

Mikstar2020 New Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 OC
    I have these problems, too. so much Stutter-lag in Google Chrome, Office and some other desktop applications. minimizing, maximizing and moving these applications produce many lags and stutters. everything was fine with 460.97 and before revisions. I've tested it by reverting to 460.97 and all of these problem fade away.

5. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Yeah same here trying this hotfix driver but its still there its pretty frustrating these random flickers and or stutters on edge chrome or even start menu, hopefully nvidia can fix this anytime soon.

Thing is latest drivers got fixes for some games i cant go back to older drivers for now.

Mikstar2020 likes this.
  6. Johannah

Johannah Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Can we get a driver that make World of Warcraft Shadowlands not flash like nuts ?

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    [​IMG]

Nekrosleezer and tfam26 like this.
  8. SalamatiQus

SalamatiQus Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Vision OC
    Hey guys, it's me again. About that same Vulkan performance degradation with Resize BAR.
    Made few more tests and found out that just enabling "Above 4G Decoding" is what actually causes performance drop in Vulkan games on my system. Previously I enabled "Resize BAR" which in turn enables "Above 4G Decoding" with it as dependency. So yeah, stay safe.

So far from reports it looks like AMD Zen issue. If you are on Intel you should be safe

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    PrMinisterGR, caleb59 and tfam26 like this.
  9. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Member

GPU:
    3080 Gaming OC
    If the Above 4G Decoding Switch has Impact on your System, you should have a look at other PCI oder PCIe Cards that conflicht on Above 4G Decoding. I have it enabled since the very first discussions about the resizable BAR feature came up.
    Even my good old Creative X-FI Titanium HD can handle that. I have 0.00 issues whether Above 4G or the Resizable BAR option is enabled on my Gigabyte Z390 pro. I am waiting for the 3080 BIOS and the drivers that enable that stuff.

The only thing I noticed was that the latest Mitigations of late 2020 took a hit on the performance of my 9900K but that is a different but also sad story.

/edit:
    and it is also a good idea to do stability testing (a lot). I played around with my memory subtimings and found out that it was not perfectly stable. I haven't had errors in everyday use and gaming but I want a stable system so I always do Linpack Xtreme Tests after playing around with such things. If I haven't at least 9 out of 10 matching residuals (better 10 of 10), I don't bother and go back to known stable settings. A lot of strange Issues could come out of such an only almost stable system.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is likely a Zen specific issue with nvidia compatibility.

11. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

4G decoding is enabled by default on my z490... So is there any real-world benefit for 4G decoding for an average user with a HTPC/gaming rig until RBAR is fully supported? Or would it be beneficial in this case to turn it off for compatibility?

12. PPC

PPC Active Member

GPU:
    I had both 4G decoding and RBAR enabled since they updated MSI Tomahawk Z490 BIOS, no compatibility or performance degradation problems.

Blackfyre and -Tj- like this.
  13. Jen1

Jen1 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    @Astyanax @ManuelG

Please, change the 1 to 0 in the line _nvtopps.dll = 1,Display.NvContainer\plugins\Session for the unsupported models.

and how about stop copying telemetry add-ons inside the info file and make it optional in the setup wizard, thanks,

Aldek likes this.
  14. XantaX

XantaX Active Member

GPU:
    GTX1660 Super OC
    Hdmi sound to tv is broken with this driver, back to previous driver

15. Neil79

Neil79 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 980/2070
    Also getting high DPC Latency with these drivers and the previous 461.09

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Same here on my unify.

Actually newest bios made stabler cpu boost, boosts longer at higher frequency and smoother gameplay overall.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    fix your computer

hdmi audio working just fine here, hasn't been a change to the audio driver since november.

18. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 OC
    Drivers working better than 460.xx's for me, no stuttering , hdr is working good, benchmarking shows the same as always, fan controller fine.

19. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    This driver crashes F1 2020 just like the previous one. Back to 460.97 fixes it.

20. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I have 4G Decoding enabled on my ASUS Maximus VII, that's a LGA1150 Z97 chipset with DDR3 RAM. Haven't had compatibility or performance degradation problems for all the years it has been enabled lol

Only thing is sadly ASUS will never update this board with Resizable BAR support, haha I don't blame them, it's ancient now.