GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    Still facing weird stuttering when opening windows display settings or nvidia cp via desktop rightclick option. Along side with my ASUS VG27AQ switching from RGB 144hzz to YCBR 120hz whenever a game forces fullscreen and not borderless fullscreen (also happened while/after installing this driver).

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I always felt that GPU usage was never maximised in Vahlalla. On the other hand CPU/GPU usage depends a lot on which resolution you play at.
    Which resolution are you using?

3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Got 1 crash in RDR 2 benchmark using Vulkan with these.

elite69 likes this.
  4. JOHN30011887

JOHN30011887 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070Ti
    [Detroit: Become Human]: The game randomly crashes.

Finally, been waiting for ages

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    open them with gpu-z / latencymon running

if you see a spike in latency mon corresponding with p state changes, then unfortunately its working as intended.

6. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3060 12GB
    I don't use Edge or Office but do use Chrome browser everyday (with HA on) and have never had any flickering. Are you sure your chrome is up to date?

7. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3060 12GB
    Doesn't Hitman 3 use the same engine as the previous two games? I wouldn't think you need a new driver if the engine is the same as Hitman 1 and 2.

8. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
    Hitman 3 use the new version of Glacier Engine, as Cyberpunk 2077 use the new version of the Red Engine. So your comment is non-sense.

9. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3060 12GB
    Well thanks so much for the non-sense. I wasn't trying to be a dick but take it as you will.

Actually after reading up on it I wouldn't think you would need a new GRD if all they did was update how the game engine handles reflections nor for how they improved file management to reduce install size.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  10. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    I'll give this a shot. Valhalla yesterday and Today kept crashing every 10 minutes with 460.97 even after playing fine days before. I thought my 3090 was going up in smoke, hopefully this is takes care of it.

11. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    3440x1440 On UBI Forums Some Intel CPU drops to 800 MHz when game is launched and they use Intel XTU utility to fix it.

12. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    Had both open, tried it and did not see any spike happening. All my bios and power saving settings are the same for the last decade on several systems i had.

Doubt it's working as intended. I never had this issues before the latest 2 actual windows updates in november/december. Clean installed it after 1 of these made my pc during install lagging and after the update was complete - it kept going. So i had to clean install and it still happens on random things, like closing steam, opening display settings or nvidia control panel. Also it happens right after signing into windows (i can check it when i move my mouse and it freezes for a split second). I never had issues like this that stay for a longer timespan, most issues i ever faced were fixed with driver/windows/bios updates on all systems i had. This stuff bugs me for over 2 months now. The microstutters ingame are gone but the random very short freezes are still there. I'm still in believe that it's either the typical half heartedly done nvidia drivers for the past months or the last 2 botched windows updates (one of it being: https://www.techradar.com/news/wind...rtedly-causing-system-lag-and-serious-crashes ).

I highly doubt it's an hardware issue. For the past month i keep on praying for windows updates to fix it, but nope....same with nvidia. While i read through the nvidia drivers forum the past weeks i saw multiple people reporting microstutters and freezes, but no one could pinpoint it to either nvidia or microsoft being stupid.

P.S. And no i can't uninstall the windows update because i use my personal computer for work and they demand an up-2-date windows for "our" programs to actually start/work.

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    HITMAN3 got a profile in the last WQHL driver already, tested it now and it runs smooth

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    ok, so nots not the p-state hitch, i'll try and reproduce it over the weekend.

Sylencer likes this.
  15. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Yes, me too.

Patch 1.1.0 introduced this behaviour, and 1.1.1 didn't fix it. CPU utilisation is hugely reduced over v1.0.4, resulting in poor performance, especially where there is a heavy AI load.

Anyone affected by this, please add your voice to this thread on the UBI forums.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/top...tilisation/3?lang=en-US&sort=newest_to_oldest

One thing I have not had in Valhalla is a crash... Not one in over 50 hours of play, so I guess I've been lucky there. I don't suppose there is any perfmormance to be had from these drivers in AC-V but I'll give them a whirl later.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    everyone affected seems to have a 4 core 4 thread processor.

17. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Getting about the same results here 15-22% CPU, 92-98% GPU. Is it a bug though? I get pretty much solid 60FPS @4k/80%/Ultra. 10900k /w a 3080. No crashes here either since the initial launch version.

18. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    But the game works fine right? Or its a stuturing mess on vulkan.

19. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    There are people with more than 4 cores seeing the same thing, with a huge drop in usage. Possibly those, like me, with 4 cores are harder hit.

Regardless, it's not an nV driver issue, as I've tried many in the hope it would net better performance, to no avail.

20. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    It is, as it only came about after patch 1.1.0... You're lucky enough to be able to power through it.