GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 460.97

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mr_ALLroy, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    this driver crashing my games CTD.back to 460.89 and CTD problem gone:eek:

2. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    The 465.12 drivers are faster in Cyberpunk 2077 but I have no flickering or crashes with these. So staying with these for now.

3. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Same here, trash driver :mad::(

4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080S /2080ti
    I dont think we've had a good driver since 30 series release.

NightWind and Cave Waverider like this.

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    Surprised Astyanax isnt in here demanding what people do and telling them this isnt a bug report forum for nvidia.

I do have a vsync issue with my GTX 780 in my HTPC, but my GTX 970 is fine with this driver.
    No matter what, vsync is broken on the 780. Video, in game. Only RTSS limits the FPS, not NCP.

6. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF OC
    These and the prior drivers cause flickering issues in WoW. Massive thread on WoW forums about these drivers, only solution is to roll back to prior drivers.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  8. mikolaj612

mikolaj612 Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    Hello everyone.

@ManuelG I wanted to report a device specific (probably) issue, few days ago I bought a new notebook, which is Lenovo 7i with RTX2070 Max-Q (refresh) and HDR400/Dolby Vision panel.
    I'm using that notebook with dGPU enabled only (iGPU is disabled completely via BIOS) - issue is related to HDR switching - if I turn on/off HDR my screen goes black and will not recover even if I wait some quite long time (like 5 min), but after I reboot my system via power button it will load fine and HDR will be either enabled or disabled (just like I wanted before I got BS).

I tested the newest GameReady drivers and mentioned hotfix - both same results, everything is working fine, HDR once enabled (and restarted) will stay enabled until I change my mind.
    Also I was curious about some older drivers and I took pre-Ampere release, which was 452.22 and there was no such issue with HDR, I could do it anytime I want without any (visible) issue.

In general this is not a painful issue, but due to Dolby Vision support (which requires to disable HDR completely in Windows settings) it's kinda frustrating, some games and mostly Netlix looks mostly better with Dolby Vision enabled.

Would be so kindly to send my feedback to developers?
    Also I've got everything recent - system is up-to-date, BIOS etc.

In general I could revert back to some older drivers, but due to Ampere release there was quite a few releases and it will take hours of installing and testing everything until I found latest issue free version.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    dolby vision is dead on pc.

10. I_Eat_You_Alive

I_Eat_You_Alive Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    These drivers are causing monitor sync issues for me. Both of my screens just go pea green and the system does not respond anymore. Fun that the cursor still moves around though. Roll back to the previous WHQL and all is right again. I have had more driver issues with my Zotac 1080Ti than any other card I have owned. So far they are stable as hell on my Asus 3080. Now if AMD can get there act together and put out a stable driver for my 6900XT; Still using the launch driver as the newer ones just tank performance for some reason. O'well, hopefully the new year will bring us more stable and useful drivers.

11. mikolaj612

mikolaj612 Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    In term of games I will agree with you.
    However Netflix is releasing most of their and new movies with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision (HDR also included) and many of BD 4K UHD releases are Dolby Vision enhanced.
    So it might be dead due to limited range of PC monitors with Dolby certification but technology itself it's still alive and getting more popular everyday.

My issue as I stated is only related to HDR itself, newer drivers causing black screen.

Gandul likes this.
  12. vortex07

vortex07 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 ASUS Strix
    Guys, can you check your driver version after installing 460.97?
    For me both MSI Afterburner and nV Control Panel is showing version 456.38 o_O

13. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Member

GPU:
    3080 Gaming OC
    MSI Afterburner and nVidia Control Panel show 460.97
    Maybe there is something wrong on your side?

I also haven't had any problems so far on any Game or Application that I used. The only Issue have been slowdowns with GFExperience Overlay enabled. But disabling it brought back the missing fps (e.g. at 3D Mark)

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    idk man, nvidia had a fix for this confirmed and everything for 460, i can only imagine the fix either didn't land or blizzard changed something on their end.

16. XantaX

XantaX Active Member

GPU:
    GTX1660 Super OC
    Did you use DDU in safe mode or installed over 456.38? maybe that is why you see the older version.

17. vortex07

vortex07 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 ASUS Strix
    Thanks for confirming.
    Fixed it by reinstalling the drivers.
    I don't know how I ended up with that version, considering that the last 3 reinstals were 460.xx drivers. Probably Windows decided to download and install it's own stuff somewhere in-between

18. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Member

GPU:
    3080 Gaming OC
    NP
    It is likely that Windows made it's own thing. That is why I don't allow Windows to update drivers after the initial Installation.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  19. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Which games?

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE

Ok, so my flickering STILL persisted after a while even after doing a clean install using DDU in safe mode.

I have however, found what I think is causing the issue.

I am using a 144Hz 1440p Freesync monitor, GPU clocks are acting fine when idling and boosting, and I am using the latest Windows October 20H2 fully updated (as of 24th Dec 2020).

FIX:

Disable Windows 10 Variable Refresh Rate

See here
    image_2020-12-24_012750.png

I think for some reason this setting is conflicting with the driver's implementation. I still have VRR even when disabling this setting as its still enabled within the NVCP and on the monitor it self. It seems as if Windows is getting it self in the way of the driver talking to the monitor causing flickering issues.

I was getting minor flickering on the desktop with no open windows, but I was mainly seeing the issue using my browser (Opera) so I may try disabling HW acceleration in the browser to see if it helps. As of yet I have not seen a single flicker anywhere and I've been using this "FIX" for around 2-3 days now as I wanted to make sure it would still work with multiple reboots/shutdowns as well. All seems good so far.

Just a heads up for anyone else still experiencing this annoying little bug.

chinobino, Solfaur and Ohmer like this.