GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 451.85

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jul 25, 2020.

1. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB OC/UV
    Is this reproducible with recent Windows 10 + driver? I personally couldn't reproduce this anymore since some Nvidia driver update (following @Wagnard 's observation).
    If somebody can still reproduce this with recent software + hardware (16GB of RAM), it would be nice to capture this in a video to have an actual proof.

2. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thank you. We were able to reproduce the corrupted tracks using your settings.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the gsync indicator counts as an overlay :p

GiveMe likes this.
  4. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Do you have HAGS enabled by any chance?
    I don't have dmps anymore but my system gets BSODs with HAGS enabled and from what I remember it pointed to ntoskrnl.
    However running analyze in WinDbg pointed to nvlddmkm.sys which is Nvidia driver.
    In my case BSODs were seemingly random too and I couldn't find a way to reproduce them, system could be running fine for a few days and then I get a few BSODs within an hour. Picture would freeze for a few seconds but before I get to see the blue screen my monitor would go into sleep mode and eventually system reboots.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020

5. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I noticed something odd in my NVCP. DSR - factors 2.00x (native resolution), DSR - smoothness 33%. Both activated as default. Never had this with a driver before or never noticed before in any event. Is this normal when installed for EVGA 1080TI sc2?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

FYI : When selected (DSR - factors) I have no option to disable, just various resolutions to choose from.

6. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    DSR is disabled by default.
    Unchecking every x-factor disables DSR.

7. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Thank you for that info. Any idea why this driver has enabled the setting on install? It has never been enabled by default before. Is there any significance to this enablement? I know what it does, just don't understand why it's enabled .

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  8. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Probably some bug. Did you do a clean DDU install?

9. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    No (upgrade path). Will try a clean install now & see if the result is the same. Thanks for pointing that out dude as it never entered my thoughts. Sometimes I overthink the issue...

On a side note. 2004 Hags + SOTTR is running great together. avg 107 fps (game settings maxxed at 2560x1440), GPU EVGA 1080ti sc2, CPU i7 5930 @ 4.5ghz, Ram 32gb ddr4 @ 2666mhz XMP.

** Update **

Clean installed. retested 2004 + HAGS on/off with SOTTR (multiple runs). Overall Max frames were down (HAGS on/off) & Avg. frames were down (HAGS on/off) to 102 fps.

However, Avg. frames with HAGS on resulted in + 2-3 fps compared to 99 fps Avg. HAGS off.

games settings were the same as prior to clean install. It would appear that Nvidia have finally got their heads around HAGS, with this game at least. I do think Nvidia need to do some tweaking though to gain back those lost FPS.

I am aware that these results could be just specific to my setup & that they may not be the case globally for everyone. But similar setups may experience similar results...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    @ManuelG

Haven't checked other games yet, but Escape from Tarkov image sharpening does not work when setting it via the game profile.

I have to set image sharpening globally to apply it.

11. ThirtyIR

ThirtyIR Member

GPU:
    2x Titan RTX SLI
    With these Hotfix drivers, CoD MW has a really bright white area - the game is unplayable. However, when I ADS, it goes away.

Only happens with these drivers. Has CoD MW worked properly for anyone else? This is at 4K with RTX/DXR turned on.

12. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Pretty decent driver.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    [​IMG]

BlackScout likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Manuel mentioned on the GF forum that the hotfix driver behaves differently to the previous ones,

With it, you set sharpening globally and then use App settings to filter out applications

CODMW has many maps with each having a different placement of graphical effects and light and particle sources, you'll need to be more specific.

That said, this issue has been on/off in the cod client since march and IW has been fixing them as they get discovered and a number of cases of it have been through the GPU being pushed too hard for its asic quality.

To anyone who reported HDR being dark in the 45x drivers, this is a windows bug and should be fixed in KB4568831 due at the end of this month

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  15. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Please tell me this is just a bug and not an intended behavior for future drivers, and the thing @ManuelG mentioned previously about force-enabling sharpening for games in app profiles that don't have Optimus is still on the table. Otherwise I don't understand the logic behind this change, it just seems very stupid and counter-intuitive.
    An example: I have 20 games installed and want to use sharpening with only 3 games. Do I have to go through 17 freaking profiles to disable sharpening for every game now? With how awfully slow control panel is on top of that?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Gandul and 7 Sequence like this.

16. 7 Sequence

7 Sequence Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 6G
    I agree, this change seems unreasonable

Gandul likes this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You guys were already complaining that it was unreasonable to have to have a Optimus profile for global to apply! :D

18. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Not really? The complaint was that sharpening just didn't work in games that don't have Optimus, to which Manuel suggested that sharpening was supposed to work in any game, Optimus or not, IF it was enabled in the application profile. But apparently this was bugged and didn't work?
    In fact that behavior of "global = rely on optimus, app profile = force enable" actually sounded quite reasonable.
    But instead of fixing that we get this new hotfix behavior...? It's hard to believe there are people working at Nvidia who actually thought "yeah this looks great and practical" when they implemented this behavior.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    Gandul and aufkrawall2 like this.
  19. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Active Member

GPU:
    2070 Super Trio
    I had intermittent stutters in watch dogs 2.
    gone with this hotfix.

I even bought a 8200pro 1tb thinking it was the drive.I'm keeping it tho I could still return,awesome ssd for the price.

20. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    HAGS definitely breaks vsync in anything that has hardware acceleration off, or not available (like scrolling around a large picture in IrfanView will cause a line of screen tearing here).