GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 451.85

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jul 25, 2020.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Grim Dawn should support both D3D9 and D3D11 at this point along with later patched in 64-bit binaries (Though I don't see the game needing that memory unless the expansion content pushed the engine past it's existing limits.) although at this point the D3D11 implementation should be well out of beta phase and unless something went really wrong it should be quite superior to D3D9 but as it's been a long time since I played the game I do not know if you lose any visual extras or if it's mainly performance related though there's also the chance it just stutters in either API regardless and the engine might be doing something that can't quite be brute forced through even on high-end GPU models or other hardware. (If it even scales that well across newer CPU's but perhaps it does.)

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Sounds great but what's DSR? I tried to google it but the nVidia link is broken (https://www.nvidia.com/sv-se/geforce/technologies/dsr/) - I tried writing "en-us" instead but it automatically changes to sv-se. If it's the "GPU scaling" setting then I don't have it enabled.

Please try yourself if you have the possibility. I'll be right back with a screen shot.

Edit : Now I cannot reproduce the stuttering, at least not in the same capacity as I had. Weird, I have played for at least 15-20 hours the past weeks but suddenly it's fine.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Dynamic super resolution aka downsampling

Netherwind likes this.
  4. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Why?

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Fullscreen can boost performance, has less stutter but most importantly works best with G-sync.
    I use driver enabled V-sync instead of game V-sync since devs implement V-sync in various ways with different results.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Did you get the 19041.450 update in between?

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Indeed I did. Did it include some fixes for microstuttering?

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it included the fixes from 423 and 421 that were released only in the preview and beta channels respectively, someone mentioned that 423 fixed stuttering earlier in this thread iirc.

though his case was with vsync on.... eh, idk with this windows build.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Great news if true! Well, I definitely felt a difference in Grim Dawn anyways so thanks for the headsup.

10. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    Yes you're right, I thought it was the opposite, but since I'm using it in a lot of my games, I let it enabled gloabally and disable it if it causes trouble in apps/games profiles.

11. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    image sharpening is not working in this driver..tested it with sharpen=1.0 to be sure but no affect..if i get back to 442.59 with same sharpen=1.0 i see it works...
    another thing CUDA..there is something wrong with it that doesnt work properly in some apps or games..for game batman arkham origin doesnt start and for app vegas pro 18 doesnt start..when i check that wtf has happened in event viewer that says system32/nvcuda.dll error..if i get back to 442.59 then both game and app works..wtf ?

12. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    just installed the new driver 452.06..and now image sharpening is working..cuda is working too..and i found a thing that nobody figure out before..you know the gpu z shows cuda and physx box UNTICK..you guys know this problem..i saw everybody said thats not important because it is actualy installed and works properly but NOT..it doesnt work in some apps and games as it should..now i ve found why gpu z shows untick these two..

the reason for this is "nvlddmkm-patcher-1.4.9"..it is one of the first thing i do after a new driver installation..yeah..ridiculous maybe strange but this patcher shits on cuda and physx..you dont believe me then run patcher again..it backs to default settings then cuda and physx both appear again in gpu-z..and my batman arkham origins and vegas 18 both work now...

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I just checked GPU-Z and my CUDA was checked but PhysX was not, I checked program files for versions and noticed two entries, latest one and a 8.2xx something.
    So I uninstalled both and ran Nvidia standalone PhysX installer, now all is checked in GPU-Z.