GeForce Hotfix Driver version 445.98

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    CB is running on Alchemy Engine, not Unreal Engine.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Point stands though, it affected unity as well so other engines aren't impossible to be affected by dpi

3. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Indeed it stands. GPU scaling causes more problems than it fixes.

4. carb1de

carb1de Member

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Can you elaborate?

For ages i've wondered if *something* weird goes on sometimes when running resource monitor / hwinfo / gpuz / cpuz etc.

I've been seeing slightly higher temps and power draw with these later drivers. What I tend to find is a rock solid overclock early in the cards life finds it's limit a year or so later when drivers become more optimised (!) and titles start to really use the card to it's full potential.

like that vid earlier comparing 442.59 to 442.74, no wonder temps are higher and FPS lower if it's actually rendering all the effects properly!

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  6. TKPoi

TKPoi Guest

GPU:
    1660 Super
    my 1660 super still got same problem with 445.87
    no fix :(

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Not necessarily related but had my first crash in Borderlands 3 ever with this driver (DX12 mode).

Same settings and OC as before.
    I dropped core OC slightly just in case but on the other hand game ran crash free afterwards for about 2 hrs even without dropping core clock.

Could be due to game (recently patched) but if I get another crash I'll retry 442.74 to see if anything changes.

8. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    Assetto corsa competizione is dull and colourless in HDR with this driver and my monitor. Samsung crg9. Previous drivers were all ok.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    going by all i've read on hdr so far, the previous behavior has probably been tuned wrong and the game is now running correctly with your present settings, particularly if you are using a TV to play on.

10. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    I think you're correct on this, HDR previously was incorrect and I had to modify my calibrated display to correct. After this driver I re calibrated my display and everything looks perfect.

11. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    I don’t know. It can’t be right. Assetto corsa competizione looks rubbish if that’s how it’s supposed to be. The drivers must have all been broken then because that’s how it’s always been since hdr came out for it. With this driver, when it’s a sunny day the track and cockpit all look like it’s actually a cloudy day. Just proper dull. It looks like a sunny day with with the previous drivers I’m using a monitor samsung crg9 not a tv also. Its the same dullness with both 450. drivers as well. I’m on windows insider may update also.

12. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    but it has the HDR fixes ?

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

no no no no no, the way it looks isn't right, but it may be due to the TV settings being out of tune with the game or driver.

I have looked at the way quite a few tv's are handling HDR, with many of them having contrast,saturation,brightness and gamma configs seperate between running in HDR and SDR.

if the tv is correctly switching to HDR mode, but is set to full range black level while the driver sends limited, that'll make things washed out and colourless.
    i think one of the recommedations for HDR tv's is LEAVE THE RANGE ALONE.

Going from memory, i know quite a few people chimed in a while back saying RGB (0-255) Full 8bit looks the best, but those same people weren't noticing the amount of colour crush and oversaturation occuring

HDR mastering is mostly 4.2.2 (16-235) limited 10bit,

i've also seen https://steamcommunity.com/app/805550/discussions/0/1747897731969838405/

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  14. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    450.82 still has HDR issues

15. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    Its prewiew driver for directx 12 ultimate.
    I cant tell you about HDR cause i dont have HDR monitor.

16. Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7 Member

GPU:
    2080to
    I’m on a monitor. It doesn’t matter what setting i use it looks still looks rubbish. I’ve just got my monitor set to the custom present nothing altered. with my monitor set to 10bit HDR in windows. Not had any issues with modern warfare or gears 5 with this setup. Only this game with this driver.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the bug was still in 450.82

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    HDR monitor could still handle SDR/HDR seperately, can you test if 422/YCrCb makes the game look right?

May literally be the reason why other users have reported washed outedness way back till before feb.

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Because MS defaults to LIMITED versus FULL RBG when you select the default settings when connected via HMDI. The settting is greyed out and you cannot change it. Of course you can fudge with your monitor settings so that LIMITED doesn't look awful, but...they are using dithering to simulate HDR10.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This of course depends on the game using MS HDR and not the NVAPI HDR, I would imagine.

PS: did you try that 1.3.38.28 driver?