GeForce Hotfix Driver version 442.37

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Working just fine here,

black screening is at times due to mixing hardware utilities that have incompatible mutexes, the hardware itself or decaying cabling - with firefox its often ram / memory controller instability.

Overclocks should always be re-evaluated driver to driver, timing changes within the drivers that work fine on nvidia reference test machines may not always work well with vendor or user overclocks.

I will take a look at the crashstats and see if theres a spike though.

edit

so i searched back to july last year, and theres no spiking

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/sig...ime&_columns=startup_crash&_sort=-date&page=1

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    There you are again, a certain someone running their yap and lying about what was posted. A rather disgusting trait of yours. Grow up.

3. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    A classic case of projection. Go bully someone else, somewhere else.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    When a driver reset occurs while firefox is running, the gpu process crashes and the crash reporter makes and in most cases submits to the mozilla stats size with
    nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll as the identifier.

for example (and the stats won't go older than 365 days)

when the 385.65 driver released, Firefox regardless of version (55-56 at the time) would sporadically trigger the driver to reset when scrolling pages of images, or viewing a twitch feed with heavy user activity in the chat, the reports went on till 397.xx fixed it (with reduced instances as Moz put a block on hardware acceleration for drivers from 385.65 > 397.

There was thousands of reports in those months of crash signatures going back in this case, the absence of an influx of reports is indication of something else going on.

Absence of X does not mean Presence of Y.

If I see some solid stats that theres a problem, I'll ride nvidia hard to getting it fixed btw, but I'm not seeing them on mozilla's own trackers.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020

5. InsideInfinity

InsideInfinity Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980TI 6G
    This driver has been flawless for me so far. Haven't done a side to side comparison with other drivers, but i tested this and like 4 other drivers out in the same games and same situations and this has been the best one of them all (The other drivers were uhm.. 441.41, 441.87, 442.01, 442.19 if i remember correctly)

Weird, also didn't have any problem with k-lite or youtube, or firefox or whatever. Have been on this driver for like a week now

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the majority have automated crash reporting enabled

it might have just been that driver on your specific card (and affected others with that card), i haven't seen a flare up of reports though on geforce, evga forums or reddit.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Glad to hear, weird though but yeah.

I am seeing mixed performance reports for pascal and rtx, though seems only Farcry 5 is reproducing a 5fps loss, and 3dmark showing 1-2fps down.

8. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    I run most of the racing titles Rfactor2, Automobilista, Raceroom, Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizioni.
    441.87 ran everything at television broadcast quality in every one of them...so yes, it was the best driver overall...for me anyway.

AsiJu likes this.
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Thanks, think I've seen a few people recommend it, will give a shot myself.