GeForce Hotfix Driver version 442.01

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Jan 17, 2020.

1. GiveMe

GiveMe Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Trinity OC
    if you have still TDR crashes with fixed Pagefile settings, try Firefox 73.0b7 ( fixed a few Graphic card related crashes and Font Glitches/Artifacts )
    ( should remove nvidia Shader cache before updating to ff 73b )

with Firefox 6x i had also tons of TDRs, in this time i have send Mozilla hundred of crash Dumps( only one or two dumps where driver related ).
    Zero Driver Crash with Firefox 7x

I let Windows automatically configure my page file for all drives ( should be also the Default settings )

however if you still have TDRs with firefox 73 Beta and with Default Page file settings, faulty/unstable memory can also produce strange crashes with Firefox.
    XMP Profiles above JEDEC standard(over 3200MHz-DDR4 ) can be pain sometimes

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    AntiSnipe likes this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Advanced Layers and Web Render was definitely not ready for full launch in 57.

3. GiveMe

GiveMe Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Trinity OC
    i mean ff 60-73

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i know.

GiveMe likes this.

5. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    How those drivers are working for you guys?
    For me those and those with "CES" label for Wolf: "Yeah Dude" are not working well.
    I got stutter, and crashes in games, render times in Vegas nad Premiere went from 3min (5min file) to 40min!
    I rollback to 441.66 and everything is back to normal :)
    GTX1070

6. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    These drivers are weird and did give me some issues, I just decided to roll back to the 441.87 drivers, those are really smooth + they have the fps limiter from nVidia which is at the same level of RTSS and works wonderfully for most games.

7. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I'm not liking these either. Got odd behavior like the TDR crash, and games 'wanting to crash' where they freeze up and the sound loo-loo-loo-loo-loo-loops but then resumes. 441.87 reliably crashed Warframe. Back to 441.41 for me.

8. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    No issues here.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    how recent is this bug? I running 441.61 if so i might as well upgrade the drivers so i dont have be like why is this crashing when i actual install the game and play it

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Think it's a game bug that's been around for a while even affecting AMD GPU's unless there's two Blood and Wine specific cutscenes that bug out the game for each respective GPU vendor so I expect NVIDIA just worked around it perhaps some shader error?
    Early 2019 I think at least if not earlier.

EDIT: Might have been earlier, actually might have been since Blood and Wine came out for that particular issue though I'm having little luck tracing the specific cutscene and when it started.
    (2018 - 2019 and then generic topics and details but that's 2015 before B&W came out for Witcher 3 so just general troubleshooting stuff.)

EDIT: Meeting the duchess for the first time possibly, interestingly there's even reports on how the console versions can crash here.
    Wonder if that would even apply to the recent Switch port though that's not important for this PC version and bug fix here that NVIDIA must have worked around if it's the same scene.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The issue cited was just a 100% way to reproduce it, it otherwise manifests randomly anywhere in the game.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so this is game issue and i should worry bout it? or is driver issue that was never fixed by both amd/nvidia? i mean chances are it will another year gone by i still havent finished witcher 2 and i wont start witcher 3 till i finish 2

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its just a rare issue that crept in when nvidia was tweaking the pascal assembly.

14. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    RDR2, Control and DBZ Kakarot running fine with this drivers, have to try metro exodus.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So far the best driver out of all 44x.xx.. I'm still using it atm.

BuildeR2 likes this.