GeForce Hotfix Driver version 442.01

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This Hotfix driver resolves the following issues:
    • [Call of Duty Modern Warfare] Streaming of gameplay using StreamLabs OBS will randomly stop
    • [The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine] Game may crash when a user reaches a specific cut scene
    • [SLI+G-SYNC Stutter] User may experience minor stuttering when using NVIDIA SLI in combination with G-SYNC.

It can be accessed here: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-442-01-hotfix-driver-download.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2020
  2. CrazyT666

CrazyT666 Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Is there anything like a branch info? :)

3. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    r441_83-5

4. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    So are these "better" than the 441.87 drivers?

5. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, it fix issues like The Witcher 3, etc.

6. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Hmmm. I may install them then.

7. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    Let's see if it fixes the crashing I had with 441.87 in Warframe. Will edit after testing...

EDIT: So far so good. No crashes after about 20 minutes loading in and out of 3 or 4 missions. 441.87 usually crashed on me within 5-10 min and never made it through more than 2 missions.

EDIT2: Oh FFS! "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." :mad: while reading these forums. This is still a 'thing'? Really? Firefox went blank/white, then reset.

Back to 441.41

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  8. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Strange,i have none of these issues on 441.87,they are rock solid for me. Havent even tried the hotfix driver yet.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    is your system commit being exhausted, that will cause TDR's, firefox is still a memory hog, try upping your pagefile size.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So far so good, I like these more then official 441.87.

loracle likes this.

11. Venomsword

Venomsword Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Elite
    Better than 450.12 leak on my 1809 LTSC

12. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    So far, so good for me on 1909. Played 3 hours of PCARS 2, a couple hours of Strange Brigade and several Diablo 3 rifts. Things were nice and smooth.

I'm actually just about to finish the first Witcher 3 expansion and head into the second, so this hotfix pack will hopefully keeps things from crashing.

HoWxCoRe likes this.
  13. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    How's game stability on 1909? Any stutters to speak of? Does it still need the Standby Memory fix or has it been repaired? I have been on 1803 a long time, but lately I feel it less stable at some games.

14. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    2.7 of 16.4 GB committed. I set my pagefile to 512-512, but have run with no pagefile at all before for months with no trouble. I'm running pretty lean. I only had the one Firefox tab open, nothing else running. I don't OC anything (unless you count my 3200 DRAM running at XMP). If I get driver crashes, I just dump the driver. 441.41 still seems fine. I'll just stay on that one for a while longer I guess. I was just hoping to use the new frame limiter, but good old nvinspector can handle that if I need it.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  15. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Well, I moved from 1803 to 1909 when I moved from my 1080Ti to my 2080Ti, but gaming is much smoother. Haven't used the ISLC from Wagnard since upgrading and updating, but I do keep it around. Why not just make an image of your 1803 OS and try out 1909? I'm off to game some more. :)

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Don't do this, never do this. We are not as smart as the Memory management in windows.

even if your usage is light a pagefile 1:1 or 1:1.5 of ram is recommended because Windows 10 and the vk/dx12 api's use system ram for graphical data,

I recommend a pagefile of half your ram on each hdd (if atleast 2) with min and max set to both and defragged into a contiguous block, and a pagefile atleast 1/4 of installed ram on an ssd with the min set to as low as it can go.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com...-limits-of-windows-virtual-memory/ba-p/723750

The virtual address space, which consumes Commit is subject to fragmentation, you can encounter commit exhaustion without the task manager showing that you've come anywhere close.

17. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I've read about that for years and heard vastly differing ideas on it. As far as I can tell, nothing has ever even touched the pagefile since like Windows 98, but I always left a little, just in case...and of course who knows what really goes on when I am not paying attention to it. I'll change it like you said (16-4096) and give it a try though and see if it helps. Usually when I hear of TDR errors, it's other folks getting them and I don't...so maybe I have something screwed up this time.

Why a pagefile on each drive though? I am curious about that? I have an M.2 NVME SSD and an M.2 SATA SSD installed, then also a USB external 1TB HDD for backups and storage.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Disk contention, the system can read/write multiple pagefiles (and multiple sectors of a pagefile) across hdd's and ssds.

It will never use a pagefile on the system disk first, only doing so if heavy memory contention occurs with the other disks already hammered.

19. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    With two SSDs, do I really care which one it uses? My system disk is stupid fast NVME anyway.

So far so good, though on the TDRs. None yet since tweaking the swapfile and reinstalling 442.01...may have been a one off anyway. I'll give it a day or two.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    keep your eye on the memory use of the driver container service, there has been a few cases recently where this grows and grows and consumes all memory and page file.

if it reproduces, i think @ManuelG wants kernel crash dumps from it.

AntiSnipe likes this.