1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 391.05 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Susahamat, Mar 1, 2018.

1. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Potplayer with madvr and lav gives off the best visual quality if you play with the settings. Far better than anything else I've ever used. It's also working flawlessly with these drivers. It feels snappier on pretty much everything as well. These are keepers for me.

2. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX2080ti Strix
    Well unless I've configured it wrong with madvr and LAV the micro pauses are still happening for me when starting a video for the first time with Potplayer as well.
    Fine with previous drivers, but again FFXV runs like crap with them ;)

3. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    That's odd...are you running potplayer off of a hard drive or ssd? Which OS are you using? Are you using the 32 or 64 bit version of potplayer?
    I'm running it off of an ssd and using Windows 10 x64 1607 and using the 64 bit version of potplayer.
    I tried playing some 4k videos and they started instantly and played very smooth. Not sure what's causing it for other people.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Its the 2nd time I saw this since I installed 391.05.. Check cuda version. This was with clean nvidia install from 389.10 driver..
    So far it happens only by 388.84.

[​IMG]
    I have to reinstall 388.84 one more time to use 388.84 cuda dll

I ran 3dmark api test and it ran fine though, but no dx11 ST or MT boost.. all drawcalls per frame are the same

well with this cuda it recognizes the driver as 391.05 lol
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/25546406?

EDIT: 388.84 cuda is actually newer - higher.
    [​IMG]

I've tested 3dapi again, and yep its consistent,
    https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/25546798?
    got higher ST again like the first time.. Although vulkan now failed again, this 389.10 fuxed up something bad with vulkan. Guess I'll need to do another 388.84 clean install.

lol it was so bad I had to use DDU in the end.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018

5. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX2080ti Strix
    I uninstall all codecs and players, reinstalled Klite, but during install selected madvr as default video decoder instead of LAV, and all the micro freezing went away.
    So back to using my goto player.

Interesting that it seems to be LAV video causing the problem.

6. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    I came from 389.10 as well to these and this is the cuda I have. I always ddu in between.
    [​IMG]

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I didn't came to these, 391.01 to 391.05 to 390.77 to 389.10 to 388.84 and then I saw it, that's the point.

Nvm im going to say at 388.84 for now.

8. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX980ti
    These drivers apparently caused all sort of mysterious errors on my machine. Rolled back to WHQL and all seems ok again.

9. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    What type of error? :confused:

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Running Witcher 3 @ 4K, ultra, shadows on low, hair works low, AA off, 48fps lock @ 144hz, no issues at all.Every driver lower than 391.05 gives distant LOD flicker, eg, top of buildings, tree tops in the far distance.
    The older drivers were'nt doing it either few months back, so I can only assume it's a Windows issue affecting old drivers.
    Win10 Pro x64 1709 16299.248

11. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    Just a quick Question!
    My ambient temp is 23C and my fan curve in Afterburner i set to 95 fan speed at 70C and
    my temps rising up to 69 /70C at Max! Are my fan dying?.. What i can remember it use to be a lot cooler at that fan speeds! With my GTX 1080TI FE & Acer Predator 4k Monitor!

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Here is one way to monitor fan health IMO, whether its CPU, GPU, Chassis, it will not matter.
    In whatever HW monitor you use (in this case MSI AB), set fan% and fan rpm to monitor.
    Now you'll need to do a little calculation, but here an example.
    1) fan says 2000max rpm, so 50% is 1000rpm.
    2) now all you got to do is see if rpm showed lag from the duty cycle % amount requested.
    3) in above spec fan, say you see 75% request but the fans show 1100 or it takes them time to get to the 1500rpm they should be.
    That would show some issue with fans, either dust builds up or needing lubricating.

If above shows current, and temps are still high, it could be GPU needs repaste of the HS.

PS: 70c is not hot, the reference coolers do run hot than 3rd party dual/triple fan setups.
    out of the box they run around 85c or so but I don't know what maxing the fan out almost would bring.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  13. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    We were on 378.92 until we read your post in another thread about 388.84 and these have been on for awhile now with no major problems with my overclock or to whine about. Thanks for the heads up.

Regards

-Tj- likes this.
  14. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    There's no reason to continue using 388.84 anymore..at least for me. These are rock stable and don't perform any worse. I've been using them for a while now and got a good boost in final Fantasy.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    391.01 is better comapred .05..

.05 had some randomd fps drops and freezes, I personally am not trying them again.

16. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    I guess everyone's rig is different. I haven't experienced a single issue with these and they are great for final fantasy so I'm keeping them.

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Personally, still using Vulkan 1.1 beta here. No weird persistent stuttering after display wake up or resolution changes, no MPC-HC freeze on video playback start and everything else is pretty much the same as on 391.05.

18. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Yeah I don't use MPC-HC mainly because it's not nearly as good as potplayer. Potplayer 4k playback with madvr and lav filters is working flawlessly.

19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I have no issues with 4K playback in MPC-HC, I don't see much benefit in using MadVR and last time I checked PotPlayer I thought that it was absolutely awful ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    The Freeze is from EVR, it has nothing to do with the player. And if you use LAV + madVR anyway, the player you use is largely irrelevant. Just know that PotPlayer are a bunch of thieves that spare no second thought to "borrowing" any and all code they can find from Open Source projects like LAV Filters with no concern for the license or ever giving anything back.

lucidus and khanmein like this.