GeForce Hotfix Driver 441.34: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Flakman, Nov 19, 2019.

1. flow

flow Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 2000Mhz
    So this driver is as fast/slow as the 441.20?
    Because those aren't faster in benches but newer games do seem to run better. Games like bfv and borderlands 3.
    Btw, a 4c/8t cpu is still plenty,even my old sandy 2600k@4,5Ghz which is just that.
    I read the discussions about bfv and cpu needed back then, and bought it just to see if my sandy indeed was becoming obsolete, like several people claimed.
    Ofcourse it ran around 100fps in 1080p and 1440p, but since that cpu is 8 years old it was that time to upgrade to a 9900k, and recieve a whopping 10-20 fps in either resolution.
    That's ofcourse nothing earth shaking and quite underwhelming, but that's not why I upgraded the cpu.
    Anyway, games want gpu first, and as long as the cpu can support the gpu, it will play games fine. Maybe 4c/4t cpu's will start to struggle when next gen consoles+games hit the market somewhere next year.

2. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    4/4 cpus started struggling when BF1 is launched. 4/8s on the other hand still have potential.

3. Smokey25

Smokey25 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 FTW+
    How is the performance of this driver compared to 441.20 for Red Dead 2 ? Is it truly only a fix for crashes on Vulkan or are there some optimizations in general aswell ?

I have this performance degrading issue in Red Dead 2 where after a while of playing the fps gets pretty stuttery at places where i normally can hold 60.

I'm already using Async and the Cpurebalance argument in the launcher.

Dont know if i should install this or just wait for a proper driver or if Rockstar needs to fix this.

Also curious are most of you people using Vulkan or Dx12,and why are you choosing the one above the other ?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  4. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    @Smokey25 Latest patch for rdr2 recommends that you use this driver with the new patch. It also states that you should now remove that launch argument. I'm sure there's plenty more fixes and optimization to come, but why not use what's available, right?

5. Smokey25

Smokey25 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 FTW+
    Thanks ! Will install this driver and remove the launch argument and see how it runs.

6. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX2080ti Strix
    I still use -cpuLoadRebalancing with the latest update and drivers, I found I get a much smoother experience with Vulkan.
    Without it I'd get a low of 21fps, with it I get a low of 45 - 50fps repeatable, so using the load argument is no biggy at the end of the day.

7. Smokey25

Smokey25 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 FTW+
    Vulkan actually plays worse for me so im using DX12. Dont know why since im seeing most people say the opposite,maybe because of my 970gtx where Vulkan doesnt play nice on.

My performance didnt improve with this new driver btw,although ive had zero crashes. I do still have this issue where my performance seem to degrade over time and i have to restart the game to fix it. Say im in one area where i notice heavy stutter and when i reboot the game my fps in that same area is suddenly fine again.

8. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Ye that's what gives the PC its bad reputation. Go to a PC centric forum and anything that's not providing 144 hz at 1440p or higher at ultra is useless.

When in fact even the ten years old i5 750 paired with the 6,5 years GTX 770 can still play all games and expect 30+ish FPS at 1080p, almost in all cases slightly superior to the PS4 version.

9. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    I don't think GTX 970 supports Async Compute, so I can imagine that's why Vulkan performs worse on GTX 970.
    Could be wrong though.

10. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1070FTW 8GB
    These statements are so stupid. When I bought my i7 8700 it ran circles around its competition (AMD "Ryzen 7 2700" equivalent). It was like some games ran a whole 20fps more on its 6 cores if compared to the 8 core AMD CPU. And it still does with new titles, I run everything from that list maxed out @ ultra. Core count is important, but CPU efficiency is way more. That's why an i5 8400 is still a good performing CPU with only 6 cores, 6 threads. The 8400 can outperform a "mighty" 16-core/32threads AMD Threadripper 2950X on many games.

If you doubt it, just go here and watch the "gaming score" part: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-hierarchy,4312.html

See if CPU peformance is only about core numbers.

11. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    So first you oppose the claims about quad core no HT being useless and studios can't afford not to care about them, then when I intended to agree regarding how far back PC requirements actually scale, you go on with this BS blathering?

In the future, keep these BS rants to yourself. Insulting others and calling them kids just make yourself look even more as one.

SyntaX likes this.
  12. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I skimmed through it and they don't actually list what games they test? That makes a huge difference. Test Crysis 1 and the i7 8700 will perform identical even if you disable the other four cores. Test Assassins Creed Origins and it'll scale beyond 8C/16T.

The extra threads can really make a difference now that games are becoming even more multithreaded. The 4C/8T i7 7700k has shown an advantage over the 6C/6T i5 8400 in AC Odyssey.
    https://www.computerbase.de/2018-10...hmark-test/2/#abschnitt_cpu_und_gpubenchmarks

er557 likes this.
  13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    So back on topic...

These drivers are running pretty smoothly for me, I did have a small problem with control panel not saving changes but a quick reinstall of the drivers solved that.

Only major issue is the lack of G-Sync in Red Dead Redemption 2 with SLi enabled, really ruins the experience for me, putting it on hold until that’s fixed.

14. ultra5711

ultra5711 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan on Agua
    Still no Titan V VRR support.

venturi likes this.
  15. Smokey25

Smokey25 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 FTW+
    Interesting,i decided to set Async to false again in the System file. Been playing for an hour or two and my performance is not degrading anymore over time.

16. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    From my memory GTX 9xx does support Async Compute but it can't context switch efficiently so it takes a hit doing so in that workload.
    Here some discussion on it
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...compute-disabled-at-driver-level-for-maxwell/

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  17. Birdy62

Birdy62 Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX
    I had the same CPU (@4.5) and a 1080ti and went to a 9900k and a 2080ti... Well, it's better, no doubt, but not so much better. The 4790k is still doing a great job and frankly, i should have waited on ore two more years.....

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  19. SKIBA

SKIBA Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 / 6 GB
    Drivers works.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Async on ran few fps faster in Vulkan @ Strange brigade. Dx12 no diff on vs off.

I think it was 3-5fps by min fps, avg 3fps, max no real diff. This is at 980ti and 2880×1620p dsr 2.25×.