GeForce Hotfix Driver 441.34: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Flakman, Nov 19, 2019.

1. KenpoJuJitsu3

KenpoJuJitsu3 Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    Have no problem with any of these on any of the machines I have (desktops and laptops, core counts ranging from 4 to 8). What issues am I supposed to be seeing?

flow likes this.
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Ugh, I refuse to use hotfix's. Everything is working great so I'll just wait for an official release.

3. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    The argument over core count is irrelevant. A driver update fixed the issue, clearly it was game/engine related, not hardware obsolescence. This ain't the first time I've seen @angelgraves13 start something with misinformation. The information is right in the patch notes folks.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no they don't, they're spending their time whining about framerate issues on tech forums.

especially the ones playing GTA5... lol

5. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Explain to me what that has to do with this driver or RDR2.

SyntaX likes this.
  6. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Which is why I said you're trying to start things. The issue here has nothing to do with hardware obsolescence or your predictions.

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    The issue is not GPU architecture. It's not even the driver. The game chokes up on thread counts 6 and lower. This is a Rockstar issue, AMD suffers the same issue with their GPUs.

8. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Hey look, a sensible on-topic comment that is not misinformation. We got there eventually!

9. tiliarou

tiliarou Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 980M
    Only missing GTA 5 fix and we are good to go ! Finally SOTR was fixed !

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    GTA5 won't be getting a driver fix, infact it appears to already have been resolved with the recent launcher update.

tiliarou likes this.

11. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    4c4t is pretty much "EOL" now (as it won't hold stable 60FPS in all AAA games at maximum details and it didn't for more than a year now). I'd say next to reach this state will be 4c8t and 6c6t CPUs. So pretty much I agree with you except I believe the Ryzen 6c12t will outlive the Intel 6c6t CPUs just like the old i7s still hold out very well compared to their HTless i5s.
    Not to mention there are some games with CPU intensive scenarios already. Like AC Odyssey, I get usages of 80%+ on all 16 threads.

12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

13. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    I guess whether your cpu being only 4 or 6 core and limiting your gaming enjoyment probably depends more on expectations and your other hardware than the cpu itself. I have seen people wanting 100+ frames per second just because their monitor supports it, or that they feel that having spent lots of money on a top end graphics card they are not getting their monies worth out of it due to the cpu.

You're always going to have some hardware which is weakest if you upgrade over time, I'd guess for gaming it mostly is the graphics card as people hold on for a big jump over their current one if they are spending so much money.

We are moving over to more and more cores of course and threading so games will follow suite. Currently I have spent 18 hours trying to convert a 55GB MKV movie on my 4 core 6700K and I wish that was a modern day 12/16core beast more than I do for gaming...

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i think the case has been welland truly made for 4c8t to be the base requirement, intel should stop playing games with the market.

15. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti
    oh look I came to read a thread about a driver performance and yet I was greeted with petty bickering about cores.:rolleyes:

flow and Stealth83 like this.

16. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    base or no base, I happily game with 36 cores 72 threads , and some games like gta v etc. even know how to use them.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    yes, im sure.

18. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    GTA V is using 72 threads???

19. er557

er557 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 1080 sc acx 3.0 sli
    It is more a question of the windows scheduler, multi tasking, driver optimization(threaded optimization), and of course the game is multi core aware.

20. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    You better tell the people on gaming laptops there will be no games running on 4 cores and six coresTheres barely any laptops that have 6 cores.:)