1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce Hotfix Driver 417.75

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Hey KillerC, can you get any DSR working? Thx.

2. evgenim

evgenim Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 OC
    The same problem.

3. Alberto

Alberto Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning Z
    I suspect that there will be no new drivers

4. tunejunky

tunejunky Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonVII gtx1080ti
    ;):p:p:p:p

5. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    wonder where the resident evil 2 drivers are :/ :/

unlocks at midnight lol i was hoping for full optimization then again the 1 shot demo ran like butter but there was graphical issues with walls and stuff lol

6. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I have all of the DSR profiles selected and 24% set in the smoothness, I don't use it much but it seems to be working.

7. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I have the DSR profiles in the nVidia Global Settings applet set as well. But in the area where it says change your resolution, there are no Dynamic Super Resolutions. I have only Ultra HD , HD, and SD..... And in games I can not select the higher resolutions. Only my stock default resolution = 2560X1080P.... and below. Am hoping they fix this 1 soon. …. so I can use DSR AND Gsync. I have the same monitor as you. Thx again.

8. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080
    Same here... The DSR resolutions even appear on Control Panel, but not to be selected in-game... :\

9. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Humm, yes I see what your saying. I just tried Evil Within 2 and CoD WWII and I don't see the DSR's in the in-game lists.

What game are you trying to use it on?

10. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I use max DSR on most every game actually. But atm cannot use ANY DSRs on any game I have. I`ll switch back to the 416.94s till they fix this issue. Thx again.

11. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 GAMING X
    did it fix the terrible performance in bf5 and unstable clocks from 417.71

12. nvmaxx

nvmaxx Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080ti FTW 3

You sure you have adequate dp and hdmi cables, i was getting this issue with my monitors then I bought better DP cable and HDMI cables and issue went away, apparently the cables were not able to handle 1.2 and 1.4 correctly.

13. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 2080Ti OC
    Well that didn't happen.....

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Yeah.

15. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    The entire notion that there has to be a new driver release for every game release, and if there is not there must be some evil malicious plan afoot is ridiculous at best.
    Maybe the game wasn't deemed relevant enough to release a driver just for it, or the performance was perfectly fine and as such a driver wasn't actually required. According to every report I've seen, there are no performance issues or other problems to complain about. So why even speculate at all?

In general, Gamers really don't care if a game was developed in cooperation with a certain hardware vendor. All they care about is playing it, and it working. So what could possibly ever be gained by intentionally treating some games worse? In fact, as a hardware company I would try to ensure that specifically games that carry the competitions logo work fine on my hardware, because if they wouldn't, that would double up the advertisement power of said logo.

16. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970
    There's actually a pretty huge bug with Kepler cards that makes it obscenely, unplayably dark. I saw it mentioned on a few benchmarking sites and some forums.

"We noted issues with GeForce 600 & 700 series cards, basically any models based on the Kepler architecture. We specifically say Kepler because the GTX 750 Ti worked without issue and that's one of the few GeForce 700 series model not to use that architecture, instead it’s a Maxwell GPU. While the game did load up with a Kepler-based GPU, the game was very dark and unplayable, which would suggest it's a driver-related issue with the game's lighting. We're sure if GeForce 600/700 owners make enough noise Nvidia will address the bug."

https://www.techspot.com/review/1784-resident-evil-2-benchmarks/

Hardware Unboxed's video from today shows it in video form, too:

At 10:11

17. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Hey KillerC? I was contacted by ManuelG, and asked to give him 2 display diagnostics using the 417.71 drivers. 1 with DSR enabled, 1 with DSR disabled. Here was the reply I got from him:

"Thanks for the dispdiag. With the edid, we were able to clone it and replicate the results and find the root cause. It will not be fixed in
    time for the next driver but I expect it will be fixed in the driver that follows it."

So it looks like soon everyone with the LGUC79G-B 34 Ultrawide monitor will have a fix allowing us to use Gsync, and have our DSR capability back. I am VERY happy about this!

Thx again ManuelG!!!!

eGGroLLiO and evgenim like this.
  18. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080
    Well... Mostly Skyrim and Fallout 4 that are the games that NEED DSR...

Anyway, I'm coping with TAA because I'm too lazy to remove this driver with DDU and install the previous one... LOL

Hope they'll fix this on the next release though... Otherwise, it's working great.

19. sean8102

sean8102 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I just experienced something similar to that for the first time since the "G-sync compatible" program and I started using it on my monitor. Except I turned my monitor off while RE 2 was paused, but when I turned it back on it said "No Signal". What's weird is I have a second monitor (HDMI, no G-sync/FreeSync) and the computer was completely locked up. Alt tab did nothing, Control alt Delete, etc etc. Got this from Windows Event Viewer,

"Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted."

Not to worried about it, with this G-sync compatible thing being a brand new thing and considering its been working perfectly for me so far. Just wont make the dumb mistake of turning the monitor off while a game is running. Esp RE 2, it acts kinda.. strange. It's the one game that seems to run in exclusive fullscreen no matter what (which is fine with me), and for some reason my volume controls on my keyboard do not work when I'm playing RE 2. If I alt tab out they work again, but stop once I click back on the game and it goes back to full screen. On the plus side it runs smooth as butter.

20. Dante45

Dante45 Member

GPU:
    GTX 960/4GB
    I know my GPU is not a top Notch anymore, but even though the Driver is not yet Optimized for Nvidia, RE2 Runs on my GTX 960 4GB Gaming from MSI quite well surprisingly. Most Options at High - Ultra at 1080p Resolution even SMAA and HBAO+ turned on and I still get between 40 - 60FPS in Combine with an older Core i5 4440.