GeForce Hotfix driver 382.19 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, May 11, 2017.

1. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    no you don't lose the control panel

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    could someone repack the driver with the core files/folders ?!

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Is there a need for it? Right click on the exe and extract it via WinRar or other similar software and delete the files or folders of things you don't want install and then run the setup exe should be just about the same no?

That's about what I do with the AMD installer at least (Raptr is finally gone from that. :D ) but I can't really say much about the Nvidia driver components as I do not know much about them but there's probably info to be found about what these bits actually do or you could just follow the example image and delete the marked folders. :)
    (I would want to be sure I didn't delete anything that could actually be important but the image looks pretty good as is, minimal keeps the driver - and the installer. - and the "free" variant keeps PhysX and HD Audio components in addition.)

Although I guess having a minimal installer runtime ready made would be simpler but maintaining and updating that for every driver (And hotfix.) released would be some more work when it can just be unpacked before you run the installer and delete a couple of folders. :)

Well it's just my opinion and nothing else, on average there's a driver release like what every second week or so if you include these hotfix releases and a minute or two extra of preparation before installation isn't that big of a deal if you want a minimal or "clean" install of the driver software.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  4. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Sigh, first nvlddmkm Firefox crash with this driver. 54.0b7 (64-bit)

5. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    I'm using the same build of Firefox and not getting this error.

6. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Reset your Firefox setting or use Chrome.

P.S. Chrome no more GSOD when watching YouTube & no more random freeze.

7. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Nah considering I see more reports of this happening to others even with chrome it's either windows 10 creators update or how unstable nvidia drivers work under it. I get random driver crashes in benchmarks, games and browser without OC, with different BIOS, with BIOS from different card, without OC + overvolt/power limit. It started right after installing OS version 1703. Problem is it's impossible to reproduce by running same stress tests or restoring browsing session. It's just too inconsistent. So annoying that before creator update I got maybe one nvlddmkm crash in like 2 month and now it's one browser crash every few days. Yes I tried DDU and yes windows files are all undamaged. I will try refreshing the browser profile just in case.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Weird I got it too now today, FF v53.02.. didn't have any with 382.05.

Think I'll go back to 382.05, they were a little faster too.

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    None of these so far on 54b. No idea what fixed them though.

10. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    I'm thinking about installing something older and pre-WDDM 2.2. Just got "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." on a new profile without addons or about:config tweaks so I'm basically out of ideas or options.

I'm still hoping someone higher up realizes what's wrong or at least acknowledges the problem.

11. Velldanas

Velldanas Member

GPU:
    3070 Jetstream
    Sigh. First nvlddmkm Overwatch&GTAV&HITMAN crash with this driver

12. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Is this guy serious ? :question:

13. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    -https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1163440#c69

Somone says that nightly firefox 55 has no black screen anymore.

14. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Anyone knows how to disable the "this mode doesnt support 3d" red letters warning I get everytime I launch a game or app?

Disgusting and stupid message.

Thanks

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol what?

Why can't you just delete the folders yourself?

16. T_R_V

T_R_V Active Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 OC
    Download and install 7-Zip or WinRar, right-click on drivers exe file, extract it, remove folders as shown on screenshot. Run setup.exe.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I just got one again with 382.05, was ok before.. But now when I checked global profile I saw it was set to Optimal power instead of "custom" adaptive like before,

So it could be this Optimal power plan fault.

18. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I have seen video card related crashes/BSODs with the Optimal Power plan enabled on all four of the Nvidia based PCs in our household with the last couple of drivers. With this setting at Prefer Maximum Performane, all the systems run stable. I haven't tried adaptive, though.

On another note, is there any way to be able to turn off GSync on a per-profile basis? I have it turned on globally on my new GTX 1080 based laptop which works fine with all of the games tested so far as well as applications, but my Sky Go (Germany) UWP application has a super-lowe framerate (like 5 FPS) with GSync enabled globally (only actual programming, but commercials run fine for some reason). If I turn off Gsync globally in Nvidia Control Panel the problem is gone, but it's rather annoying to have to switch it off for just this application.
    When I add a profile for the application with the .exe and set GSync to off for the profile in Nvidia Inspector the problem persists and it doesn't take.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Problem solved with reinstall.

It used to do it 2-3 years ago, then they changed something and now it doesn't.

True but I've never had to manually add big games like Overwatch.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So far so good atm @ adaptive, well I always used adaptive before, guess I forgot it now or those few times when it happened with 381.xx and new win10 RS2