GeForce Hotfix driver 381.78 download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Apr 14, 2017.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ I see, something's changed then, possibly due to WDDM 2.2 introduced in CU. Future drivers will likely restore custom res functionality.

Always used CRU before myself so didn't notice a difference.

2. rla1999

rla1999 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080 TI FE
    I ll stick with 1607 until I stop reading about issues with the Creators Update. This happened before with Windows 10 pre version 1511. Many issues as well

3. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Hey guys! Anyone gaming with v-sync off and only limiting fps? I tried it with WD2 and it is awesome.Tried it with SSE also but got long a** loading screens and saving, but it's so fudgin smooth I can't believe it lol! Using RTSS 7.0 to limit fps.

P.S. - Also no tearing of any kind.SSE would usually have it bad but not anymore and none in WD2, driving, walking, cut-scenes, all smooth :D

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  4. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    Had major issues with these on creators update. Colors all screwed up first install, random "nvidia control panel stopped working" errors, having to reboot to get it to open again.

uninstalled, DDU, and installed 378.92, all is fine now. (well for now lol)

5. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    DDU -> 378.92 -> 381.78 install over 378.92 without using DDU -> no problems so far with colour setting or game issues.

Hope this helps some people.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Im having some problems with these drivers.

first on a win10rs2 1070 system the nvcp option from right click desktop keeps disappearing after a while.
    second on a win10rs2 1060 system, there seems something fishy with the signal. sometimes i see noise for a split second.

7. ZloY SloN

ZloY SloN Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080ti
    Updated to 381.78 on Win 10 LTSB 1607. This update has completely broken the image - bad colors, awful rough washed out fonts. I did not notice the problem right after installation. When I noticed this, I couldn't understand, what was wrong with my monitor, or with my eyes)) I spent a lot of time for tuning colors and tweaking ClearType font settings, but didn't fix the problem. Then I remembered about driver update. I used DDU and istalled 381.65 back and... WOW! The image now looks awesome! The colors, the fonts - all look great! Please, fix the problem in the next version!