GeForce Hotfix driver 381.78 download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Eesi

Eesi Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    Yes for me too. Blackscreen on boot. I have to reset to get into windows

2. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    can you try disabling fast startup and hibernation respectively?

3. qqiiipp

qqiiipp Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970
    You don't have to mess with the compatibility options of the game shortcut or any other windows options to make the color profile work properly with Win10 CU.
    However, it's highly recommended to also set your icc profile as a system default profile from the windows "Color Management" settings too.

-All you need is a good and adequate profile loader different then the one that comes with the calibration software.
    -A good profile loader(and the one that I use) is the one that comes with the "DisplayCal" software found here: https://displaycal.net/

4. Chert

Chert Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Finally able to use CRU to set my custom refresh rate both in the desktop and in games.

But I had to lower my monitor's setting from DP 1.2 to 1.1 for CRU to properly identify my monitor's EDID.

In the anniversary update, I didn't even had to use CRU to set my custom refresh rate since I can directly do this with the Nvidia control panel. This was properly identified both in the desktop and in games unlike now with Windows 10 Creators.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    ^ I see, something's changed then, possibly due to WDDM 2.2 introduced in CU. Future drivers will likely restore custom res functionality.

Always used CRU before myself so didn't notice a difference.

6. rla1999

rla1999 Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080 TI FE
    I ll stick with 1607 until I stop reading about issues with the Creators Update. This happened before with Windows 10 pre version 1511. Many issues as well

7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Hey guys! Anyone gaming with v-sync off and only limiting fps? I tried it with WD2 and it is awesome.Tried it with SSE also but got long a** loading screens and saving, but it's so fudgin smooth I can't believe it lol! Using RTSS 7.0 to limit fps.

P.S. - Also no tearing of any kind.SSE would usually have it bad but not anymore and none in WD2, driving, walking, cut-scenes, all smooth :D

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  8. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX1070 FE
    Had major issues with these on creators update. Colors all screwed up first install, random "nvidia control panel stopped working" errors, having to reboot to get it to open again.

uninstalled, DDU, and installed 378.92, all is fine now. (well for now lol)

9. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 GXT
    DDU -> 378.92 -> 381.78 install over 378.92 without using DDU -> no problems so far with colour setting or game issues.

Hope this helps some people.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Im having some problems with these drivers.

first on a win10rs2 1070 system the nvcp option from right click desktop keeps disappearing after a while.
    second on a win10rs2 1060 system, there seems something fishy with the signal. sometimes i see noise for a split second.

11. ZloY SloN

ZloY SloN New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080ti
    Updated to 381.78 on Win 10 LTSB 1607. This update has completely broken the image - bad colors, awful rough washed out fonts. I did not notice the problem right after installation. When I noticed this, I couldn't understand, what was wrong with my monitor, or with my eyes)) I spent a lot of time for tuning colors and tweaking ClearType font settings, but didn't fix the problem. Then I remembered about driver update. I used DDU and istalled 381.65 back and... WOW! The image now looks awesome! The colors, the fonts - all look great! Please, fix the problem in the next version!