GeForce Hotfix driver 381.78 download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Why dont you fix the display port monitor issues
    some times i get black screen with mouse curser that i can move about but thats it black screen

my lg b6 oled tv does not work with the hdmi port, hdr is messed up causes the graphics driver to become unresponsive.. and bsod or get stuck in a display loop of trying to detect and redetect about 8 times then bsod.

this is with 2x 1080ti` Fe`s.

then there is monitor detection,, even my monitors will not detect properly every time, sometimes black screen again or driver crashes and tries to recover over and over again......

i also run multi monitor so some of the issues could be tied into multimonitor issues aswell... but clearly something is broken...

2. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    same reason sli still doesnt work in the config they suggest/advertise expect you to use on their site with multiple displays.

of all the configs listed, none suggest to use only 1 card for connections. mods on the forums have said thats an unsupported config, yet theres a 20 page long thread of people all saying their options are either use a top card only config or use the old bridge at a performance loss.

off topic a bit though :p as for these drivers, yea i get some peeeerty weird lock ups w/ them myself although i also moved to creators update so who knows what nonsense is going on now.

3. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Thanks & greatly appreciated. :banana:

4. Good! But we are already on 22th of April and the 25th will be released Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 that is optimized for Nvidia's graphics card....

The eta for the new drivers?

5. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Wondering myself here :) I'm still using LTSB build 1607. Don't wanna come near regular windows versions :D My guess it's the same as 381.65 whql...

6. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Most likely around the corner. I guess might release the end of this month.

7. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    I get boot to black screen quite often with Win10 Creators and this driver.

Anyone else, or just me?

8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Yup, every second boot, have to force restart all the time.

9. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Cool! I'm going to install this today. :)

10. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    Glad to hear it's not just me then. I don't know if it's Creators or nVidia or both. Hopefully it'll be fixed before long.

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    For my friend on his laptop Asus G752VS we can't even install Windows 1703 upgrade from 1607. it just freeze on black screen after finishing the first windows downloading and updating..

12. Chert

Chert Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060ti
    If you use custom refresh rates in your games, don't update to Win 10 Creators.

Creators breaks the use of custom refresh rates in game while it works in the desktop.

I've tried this driver and 3 others before it and this issue is not resolved.

I've also tried disabling, game mode, GameDVR and game bar without any success.

My desktop runs at 2560 x 1440 @75hz but it reverts to 2560 x 1440 @60hz (native res) during gaming.

Games that have a setting that specifies the res and refresh rate to use can't see my desktop's custom refresh rate.

Hopefully either Nvidia or Microsoft can resolve this issue since I play with vsync on so that there is a vast difference between 75 fps and 60 fps in terms of gaming experience.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ custom refresh rate works just fine here with this driver and CU (15063.138). Recently clean installed though.

Using CRU to create 1920x1080@75 Hz (default 60 Hz).

14. Chert

Chert Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060ti
    Tried using CRU but it seems that I can't set my custom res and refresh rate with it.

I'm using a display port cable with my monitor.

Can you give me the steps to set it up? Maybe I'm missing a step or two.

15. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    I got a black screen after a reboot today. Well, what do you know!

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    If you just want to add the higher refresh rate to your native res you needn't create a separate custom res at all. The new refresh rate is available after resetting display driver.

If I understood correctly. Just create a new detailed resolution in CRU with 75 hz refresh, save and reset driver. The new refresh rate is selectable with your native res now.

Though check nv cpl as there are separate entries for HD and PC often depending on your cable/monitor. If you don´t see it immediately check alternative section for the same resolution.

Have it set up like this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  17. Eesi

Eesi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    Yes for me too. Blackscreen on boot. I have to reset to get into windows

18. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    can you try disabling fast startup and hibernation respectively?

19. qqiiipp

qqiiipp Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970
    You don't have to mess with the compatibility options of the game shortcut or any other windows options to make the color profile work properly with Win10 CU.
    However, it's highly recommended to also set your icc profile as a system default profile from the windows "Color Management" settings too.

-All you need is a good and adequate profile loader different then the one that comes with the calibration software.
    -A good profile loader(and the one that I use) is the one that comes with the "DisplayCal" software found here: https://displaycal.net/

20. Chert

Chert Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060ti
    Finally able to use CRU to set my custom refresh rate both in the desktop and in games.

But I had to lower my monitor's setting from DP 1.2 to 1.1 for CRU to properly identify my monitor's EDID.

In the anniversary update, I didn't even had to use CRU to set my custom refresh rate since I can directly do this with the Nvidia control panel. This was properly identified both in the desktop and in games unlike now with Windows 10 Creators.