GeForce Hotfix driver 381.78 download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Apr 14, 2017.

1. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Do you loose your whole ICC profile settings or just the video LUT (loaded into the VGA card from the ICC profile upon boot)?

If it's just the LUT, try a LUT manager like that of DisplayCAL (DispcalGUI), that might be able to detect the loss of the custom LUT and reapply as necessary (if instructed to do so).

BTW, I stopped using video LUTs years ago but I remember a lot of games used to clear this LUT while switching to fullscreen exclusive mode. I even remember having some kind of DLL injection patch to bypass this behavior. And then a few games might even loaded a custom (non-linear) LUT to alter the tone response curve, so keeping both (and thus achieving the goal of displaying the picture as intended - at least in terms of white balance and tone response) was simply impossible.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  2. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    381.78 Black Screen

My system just rebooted when browsing the internet and when Windows was running again, I got a black screen on my monitor (still had an image on my UHDTV) in extended mode. I managed to get the picture back by switching to Duplicate (Clone) display. And then (using the Windows Key and "P") I switched to my UHDTV only and got a black screen on that.

381.65 gave me a higher idle temperature of 60c (temperatures are fixed with 381.78 (37c)). Both 381.78 and 381.65 seem to not to be able to maintain deep colour on my UHDTV and it reverts from 12bit to 8bit at 1080p in NCP.

Back to 378.92 as these worked fine and I'm not even sure what benefits WDDM 2.2 brings me anyway.

I like others will wait for a newer WHQL and hope Nvidia and Microsoft have fixed these problems.

3. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    EDIT***Just had same problem black screen problem when I rolled back to 378.92. I guess the black screen issue was introduced by the Creators Update. You don't get the HDR Display option in Windows Display settings with this driver also. A multi-monitor set up is cool but it does suffer issues. Vsync was broken in Duplicate (Clone) display mode with older drivers for a long time for instance.***

4. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    This driver still stutters in Diablo 3.

Reverting to 376.33, fixed those issues.

5. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  6. benjamin

benjamin Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte1060 oc
    Yes same problem with full screen playback of videos just as you say and someone else said about games starting in window mode also, I thought it was to do with this window 10 update as explorer seems very buggy with a few tabs open.

7. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Dam this driver is crap......

Im getting a lot of Driver has been recovered issues and crashing driver issues with this nvidia driver release...

the previous driver was working perfect for me and the only issue i had with that was HDR LG 4k TV where by i was getting screen blacking out and coming back and blacking out then BSOD TDR_VIDEO on windows 10 so i hoped this would fix that issue but i guess not, nothing has changed apart from them screwing up peoples monitors with them.... hell even CRU no longer works with these drivers either....

im going back lol

i cant even run TITANFALL 2 as soon as i start up the game, i get a instant driver recovered issue or couldnt create texture issue then driver crash lol

8. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    good drivers... fixed cold boot issue and higher voltage on idle... no problems so far

9. Mikstar2020

Mikstar2020 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 OC
    This driver does not Solved my Boot-Time Blank Screen Problem

here is what i got in event viewer:
    It happens when Fast boot enabled in Windows Power Options, otherwise no problems happened.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    No issues here by normal desktop usage.

I didnt play enough games to really say whats up, but so far so good.

11. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    These ones didn't play nice with my overclocks. I got lock ups and crashes when I tried to run FireStrike. The 381.65's are no issue. I'll pass on these.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Wow idk is it RS2 Update or this new driver, but dx11 multi went from 2.5mill to 3.5mill, first time I ever saw this. :nerd:

381.78 RS2 vs 378.92 RS1
    http://www.3dmark.com/compare/aot/208472/aot/198728

rest it around the same or tiny bit better.

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's Futuremark fixing a bug in the benchmark. Kinda shows how relevant these measurements even are.

14. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    Windows 10 Creators Update has many many bugs, a lot of Games are affected and some other programs + more stuff.

15. MIXXX

MIXXX Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3070ti GTX 8GB
    Running 381.78 with no issues

Upgraded to Creator Update for Win 10 yesterday.

I had installed the 381.65 installed and then I installed 381.78 right over.
    Boots fine and temps are normal.

One thing I did do was disable the telemetry for Nvidia.
    NvTelemetryContainer from services and Task Scheduler.

Will report any issues.

PEACE

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017

16. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    With Windows 10 1703 15063.138 - 381.65 and 381.78 everytime I restart the computer, Output color depth resetting to 8 bpc ! when I put it on 12 bpc.

Fix this please. Output dynamic Range only works after restart if you change it couple of times, or else it will stop working on Full. you won't see any difference until the windows is restarted it will stay on Limited even when choosing Full.

That's when using Nvidia Color Settings.

Use Default color settings just put everything on 8 bpc and Full, and I need 12 bpc and Limited. :X

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Great, but why are you raging in a driver thread about an OS? Why must we be abused by it?

18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    If you don't mind my asking, why would you use 12 bit AND limited?

19. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Probably because he's using a 4K HDR 12-bit display TV as a monitor.

I'm using a Sony X800D 4K HDR 10-Bit display, and when I want to play a game in HDR & in 10-Bit, or watch 10-Bit content for example, I switch from 8Bit RGB 4:4:4 (which is what I mostly use and have been using with this driver) to 10Bit 4:2:0 (which I still haven't tested since I upgraded to the creators update).

20. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP

I have Philips 7007 40" 3D TV 1080p , I use it mainly to play almost every game in 3D . it doesn't support 0-255 so I need to use Limited or else the black is crushed. I'm still waiting for the perfect OLED TV with everything I want . 100+Hz +HDR+QuantumDotColor+ 4K+ 3D + FullRange support + Low Latency Lag Input + 21:9 + Prefered VA or MVA Panel it seems better than IPS ,
    Many of the TVs don't have 3D.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017