GeForce Hotfix driver 381.78 download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Apr 14, 2017.

1. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    These drivers do not fix the boot to black screen for me. In fact, they may be worse then the previous 381.65 drivers. I now have to unplug and replug the HDMI cable to get the image. Also, this driver and the previous 381.65 defaulted to

Output Color Format: YCbCr???
    Output Color Depth: 12 bit

I have to click the, Use Nvidia Color Settings, and set RGB, 8 bit.

My monitor is a Samsung UN48JS9000. Didn't have any issues at all, till these drivers and the new "Windows 10 Creators Update".

Gaming System - Thermaltake Core X5 | Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 6 | 16 GB G-Skill Ripjaws 4 PC4-24000 | Intel Core i5 6600k (@4300) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition - EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW GAMING | Corsair AX1200i | Samsung 850 Evo | OCZ Arc-100 | Seagate 2TB HDD | Samsung UN48JS9000.

Posted this at the Nvidia Forums.

2. Bluedinette

Bluedinette Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 GAMING4
    Fixes Windows 10 Creators Update booting to a black screen on certain notebooks.

The same bug on Desktop also

with
    MSI Z170A GAMING M9 ACK
    MSI GeForce GTX 980 GAMING 4G
    ASUS RoG Swift GP278Q
    Windows10-Pro-64bits-fr-1703

3. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Go to nVidia Control Panel, go to Change Resolution menu, under option number three (3), choose "Use NVIDIA colour settings".

Go to Windows Settings, go to "System" options, under the "Display" menu, turn OFF (Disable) HDR and advanced colour.

Restart the computer (not necessary, but just to be safe).

I had this issue with the Creators Update even with the previous driver. After doing the settings above, it fixed the problem.

Hope that helps.

4. ahossein

ahossein Member

GPU:
    1080 G1
    Now, I know the reason why I have'n been able to load i1Profiler Pro. Windows Keeps saying 'something prevents it to load'.

5. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I have the same problem with a Samsung UN60JS7090, the TV is the problem. It reports it can do YCbCr422 12-bit color. I have a PS4 Pro and it also autodetects YCbCr422 12-bit when enabling HDR in games. At least we can set it to use Nvidia settings, lol.

Edit: typed yuv instead of YCbCr

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Thanks, but I don't have either of those options in NVCP or Settings/Display

In NVCP I only have "Highest 32bit" available

7. PinchedNerve

PinchedNerve Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte AORUS 1080 Ti XE
    The annoying part for me is, this wasn't an issue before, so I don't know why its doing it now. Also, its on driver install. I've not played any games in months.

8. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Yea i hear you. Nvidia always does this... it took them years to add RGB Full/Limited because they blamed the monitor/tv makers not sending correct info on the HDMI handshake. This might also be partially Microsoft's fault because they added the HDR option in Windows 10. Either way i bet it will be a few driver versions before it gets fixed :(

9. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Since W10 Creator, whatever 381.65 or 381.78, my custom icc profiles are always back to default windows icc profile when I exit from a game or 3DMArk for example.

I am obliged to reload my custom icc profile after each time I exit from a 3D application (Game or benchmark).

Does someone has this ?

10. fgp303

fgp303 Guest

GPU:
    980ti
    ICC still not work for me - when i start a full screen game like dota2 from steam its reset the color profile.

11. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Yes, icc profiles are back to default after exiting a game.

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yup....Same thing. And the sad part is, it won't let you change any settings using the 'Default Color' option. I get this washed out dull grayish look.

13. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    TitanFall 2 crashes when I launch the game when "Fastsynch" is enabled in TitanFall 2 profile in NVIDIA control panel (Vertical Synch parameter)
    Happens for both 381.65 and 381.78 since W10 Creator...

If i set the vertical synch parameter of TitanFall 2 to "Use 3D application", then the games can be launched....

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ICC profiles / NVIDIA custom color profiles lost after entering a game in Windows 10 Creators Update

This "default settings" seems to be what Microsoft thinks it should look like by default.

15. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090

16. fgp303

fgp303 Guest

GPU:
    980ti
    Not work with this method...

The problem is when i start a full screen game the icc profile simply gone. I use destop icc profil in the dota. (I use with the dota with launch option -nogammaramp which force the dota or other source engine game to use destop color profil)

Problem is the game without icc is pinky minky colored **** :)

When i alt-tab from the game the icc profil isnt work but if i switch windows on/off night shift slider it reload the profil. Unfortunatelly if i alt-tab back to the game, its gone again.

17. ahmlet

ahmlet Member

GPU:
    980 ti g1gaming
    Also missing that option in change resolution

18. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    Some reason with these drivers I have issues running two monitors, First issue is when I leave my pc idle the screen normally turns off, but now it still on but with just a black screen, other issue is whenever I run a full screen game, it turns off my second monitor(black screen monitor isn't completely turned off). only way to get the picture to show is to either unplug the displayport or turn the monitor on and off. It happens with every driver after 378.92. on the Creators update.

19. Vegtro

Vegtro Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Losing ICC profile is really annoying so in the meantime, I'm setting all my games to Borderless Window.

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

No....it's obviously broken and the settings (none) are broken. Here's the good part, if I disable UHD color on my display THEN it flips into some wierd 4:2:2 HDR blasting (my set supports HDR) over driven...any how, I'm not an expert on this. But it's borked, and it's probably a combination of things.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017