GeForce Hotfix display driver version 436.51

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Ventus
    Getting artifacts whit these in GRID 2019 Some Rocks textures not loading and a lot of ghosting behind the cars when racing!

2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    I was wondering as well, but from what I've read it seems like it is the fault of Rockstar and their launcher. We shall see...
    Same here, as well as some flat red boxes instead of textures. Also several cars would have white lights when I looked backwards, when they should clearly have yellow headlights.

nick0323 likes this.
  3. nick0323

nick0323 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 Jetstream OC
    Not a fan of the launcher so far and I kinda gathered it would be related to that. I had to repair my install of GTA V after migration to the launcher as it was missing about 5GB of game files. Also it doesn't pick up my copy of GTA IV on Steam.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its not the launcher, the launcher isn't even active once the game starts.

My install of the launcher detected by gtav steam install though

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I've tried to play GTA V it's nausea inducing to me for some reason driving and know it's related to some weird rendering delay, image blurring technique and compared to other titles with similar graphics, the performance is awful.

6. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC OC
    anyone feeling anything like a ghosting effect with these drivers? i feeling like my monitor get ghosting now, i canĀ“t feel that on drivers before

7. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    These are starting to feel like more trouble than worth - already four people in this thread / ghosting / artifacting / pixelation / stuttering

8. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW

Oh my gosh! FOUR PEOPLE! That would suck if only six people on earth owned an nvidia card. Look up confirmation bias.

9. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    [​IMG]
    Albeit community sourced; urban dictionary has its insights.

"Someone who hates criticism" reminded me of you ... the one time I remark against an NV driver release someone jumps out with cookie-cutter catchphrases. My harmless comment is a far cry from "Hear yee Hear yee thou shalt not download and install 436.51 Thus sayeth K.S.!"

dumbass, :rolleyes:

bOse and AsiJu like this.
  10. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    Try not to have a stroke and spill your Jolt Cola, champ.

K.S. likes this.

11. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    Man I haven't heard Jolt mentioned in a while, they came an went. I'll do my best m8' o_O

cricket bones likes this.
  12. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX Vega 56 AB
    hi. where can I find these v431.86? there are non on nvidia (under win7) and I'm unable to find any here on guru. I want to use them with my GTX960 that I use for playing videos using MPC-HC+madVR. Are these the best for that purpose also? Any other recommanded for this? I use win7 x64. thx.

13. Ital

Ital Member Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    431.86 is only for Windows 10, and only supports GeForce 10 Series and newer cards.

14. EngEd

EngEd Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI X
    After updating to 436.51 my computer refused to boot after the windows logo. No matter what I tried. Using the DHC drivers with the control panel from windows store and using the latest windows 10 build. After force repair my boot, my drivers rolled automatically back to 436.30 and I could boot just fine.

What is going on? Nvidia screwing all the drivers again and again and again.

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Was the previous driver Standard?

16. EngEd

EngEd Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI X
    By Standard you mean? I downloaded 436.51 from guru3d. I did not download from GFE.

17. Venomsword

Venomsword Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX-GTX1080
    Well... I changed thermal compound on my Asus 1080 Strix today. Temps down to normal and this driver works great for me. The core even downclocks to 139 MHz meanwhile 436.30 never went less then ~430 Mhz. Why people are barking at this driver?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Sajittarius likes this.
  18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Then you were probably trying to install the standard driver from Guru3D over a DCH driver. That causes issues.

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Well, you did base your post on 'feelings' not actual your own factual experience. So...ahem...

20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Standard vs DCH. If you are going from one package type to another, you will need to DDU the old one first to avoid issues.