GeForce HotFix 398.18

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Geohot

Geohot Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1060
    Hotfix stands metaphorically for something like fix, but that was a real hot... fix.. the other day i was trying to open my windows laptop, to work with few other programm and get my work done.. when suddenly i realise that the first inhales of my laptop where like dragon's breath.. Damn hot. Laptop crashed hundreds of times while i was drawing in my deadline and had to figure out what is going on.. getting out my screws to take out, and rescue my hard drive, it was like magma stroke.. hitting the heart of my data.. So while i was preparing for my laptop farewell, or crossing fingers for the least, happened that i try for safe mode and worked.. god bless the fancy packages! Just an experience of that hotfix-like issue

2. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @-Tj- So far I don't see the NvContainer bug.

3. Is this post a meme?

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Ok thanks!

These don't seem as good as I first thought.Got 3 crashes playing WD2 "nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"...even on lowered gpu oc...going back to 397.64.

5. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    i'm on 398.11, and they are good for me, didn't have this black screen after installing 397.93.

6. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I did experience a black screen today on booting on 398.11 but the Hotfix specifically states "Black Screen when booting Windows after installing 397.93 display driver" so I don't know if it was the same thing.

Would that mean this fix includes the Vampyr profile etc?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  7. larsiano

larsiano Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC
    less black screens is preferable with G-sync flashiness being a normal feature.
    ill have to test this baby who knows it might improve performance ;)

update: well the install made the windows bar invisible again. guess ill have to kill it and restart it manually via taskmgr\run\explorer as usual

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    For stats: zero issues with this hotfix as well as .11 WHQL.

9. Geohot

Geohot Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1060
    A reality pretty much.. but the purpose can not be defined

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I thought you were you going to say that so I've mentally prepared myself to clean out sound and display drivers.Going to use the default Windows driver for the sound card, reinstall this hotfix and see how things go.
    But first have to get through a day of work.."damn you job that I need"...I need a fast forward button :(

DeskStar likes this.

11. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    now now..... We all know how that fast forward button ends up being used....I've seen the movie Click before....!! HA! if we could only do just that and get through the mundane trash of daily life that much quicker...

Dragondale13 likes this.
  12. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    There is a Vampyr profile in this driver so yes.

13. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > let it load, close the window, try to restart windows = NVContainer bug for me and i need to close it manually most of time, even with these drivers.

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I just tried that and while something did hold up restart it was so fast I could not read any of it (split second shown), didn't have to click anything.
    Maybe this depends on GPU version.
    I am on 970 in win10 1803.

Edit: while we are talking hung/slow down applications, I do get it almost every time with Origin.
    That one lasts few seconds at shutdown/restart so I just close it beforehand.

15. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I don't have this issue, but @EdiKiefer mentioned the same scenario which I faced it too.

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    It's minor issue for sure, not even sure since what driver it started :)
    As long i don't touch Program Settings restarts are fine.

17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I wonder for those that this bothers them if setting the service NVcontainer to manual and if you need to alter game profile use Inspector instead.

18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn

"There is only a 64-bit driver available for Windows 10, ergo Windows 10 and 8 do not suffer from the issue."

I do not understand what that means :p If Windows 10 does not suffer from this issue, then why is the driver only available for Windows 10?

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Fixed that, a typo. It's Windows 7 and 8.

20. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    I tried this, restarting was fine but upon boot I had 3 nvidia containers and I couldn't open the nvidia control panel so I force closed them and then the panel would open.. so +1 on bugged nvidia container.

-Tj- likes this.