Geforce GTX Titan X thread.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, Mar 19, 2015.

1. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS rog strix 3080

I have played around some with the voltage, and as far as I can see the "boost clock" tend to go higher when the voltage is +100mv. Max core boost is then 1428 mhz. With just +24mv max core boost is 1390 mhz.

I'm now running without increased voltage(+0mv), and have increased the core clock to +220. Max core boost is then 1397 mhz. Think I'll stick with that. So far it seems stable.

2. boe

boe Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 980 TI
  3. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I'm still on stock EVGA BIOS

Currently:

+255MHz at Core
    +300MHz at Memory
    +25.0mV

Power and temp target: 110% / 91C

Card never go beyond 83C with 48% fan profile when I render in Octane or IRAY,but still this fan is loud guys,thinking go WC as next

Thanks,Jura

4. turina3

turina3 New Member

GPU:
    evga gtx 1080 sc
    The piece you cut from the reference cooler (image of point 3 and marked in red) and put on the card, is it metal or plastic?

I mean the photos above

I am thinking make the same with my evga gtx 1080 sc and your idea, it´s a very good idea :)

5. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Personally I would get Raijintek Morpheus II cooler, have run this cooler on my Titan X SC with 1469MHz OC and temperatures has been pretty much great in 42-45°C range and I never seen temperatures higher than 48°C with such OC

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

6. turina3

turina3 New Member

GPU:
    evga gtx 1080 sc
    Thanks to you,

In fact I was doubting, but in Morpheus II, how do you do it for put two pwm fans working like only one fan, I mean, If I put two fans pwm with his respective 4 pins, where I connect them for change with msi afterburner

On the other hand, with your Morpheus II cooler, did you put little heatsinks for vram and vrms??

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  7. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Hi there

Have look on YT there few guys tried and tested this cooler like on Vega 64 or 56 and GTX1080 or GTX1080Ti etc and this cooler outperformed every cooler ...

Fans I controlled through the motherboard BIOS later I controlled through the Aquaero, you can buy Y splitter for GPU etc and try control the fans through the Afterburner

Have run Phanteks PH-F120MP and EK Vardar F3 1850RPM fans with fans set at 850-1000RPM as max and fans has been very quiet and with that RPM my temperatures never went above 48°C,usually at 42-45°C as max

Yes I used little heatsinks for VRAM or VRM etc, bought copper ones because supplied Raijintek they're not been best

Have somewhere pictures how it looks, will try to find them

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

turina3 likes this.
  8. turina3

turina3 New Member

GPU:
    evga gtx 1080 sc
    Well at the end I got an Artic Cooler Xtreme IV and I put some little copper heatsinks.

The temperatures are really very good now. Before do it, a game like The wicher 3, in 1440p, almost all in ultra, the temperatures was about 68-78 grades C with fans in 25%. Now the temperatures is between 50-55 in this game with fans set in 900 RPM. Obviusly temperatures depends of the game and settings.

I am going to change the fans by two bequiet! 120 mm

Some photos here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jura11 and endbase like this.
  9. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink

Hi there

Looks good there, temperatures are not bad as well, I remember we are tried Arctic Cooler Extreme IV and this cooler run hotter than Raijintek Morpheus II cooler

Stock Titan X cooler is not the best, it runs hot and at higher speed fan is just too noisy

BeQuiet fans are very nice fans and they're pretty quiet under load or in higher speed,on radiator they have very nice sound signature at 1200RPM, on heatsinks usually these fans will have nicer signature, this I can confirm on my Raijintek Morpheus II cooler where I run like Noiseblocker eLoop or EK Vardar F3 1850RPM, on radiators EK Vardar F3 1850RPM are noisy fans and they whine like crazy which I never heard on my Raijintek Morpheus II cooler, Noiseblocker eLoop on radiators noise signature is good, only at push pull configuration they're have strange noise but at push or pull fans are just nicely sounding fans, similar I can say about Phanteks PH-F120MP and Thermalright TY-143SQ or TY-147ASQ etc

There are several good fans there which I like and still use

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

turina3 likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats overkill.

11. turina3

turina3 New Member

GPU:
    evga gtx 1080 sc
    Thanks for all Jura,

I was looking for a good shop where to buy Raijintek Morpheus II, but it was very difficult to find it, that´s the reason I chose Artic Accelero Xtreme IV, I find at the moment in amazon.es

With fans in 1200 RPM, I can see about 50 grades in The Witcher 3; Before do this the temperatures was always about 78 grades, so this is fantastic for me :)

The fans from the AAXIV is not possible to set in 0 RPM or less than about 660 RPM; with these bequiet fans I can set 0 RPM or less than 660 RPM.

With the be quiet fans:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jura11 likes this.
  12. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

These Raijintek Morpheus II coolers are sometimes harder to get, but Caseking or in UK Overclockers do have these coolers at stock, I bought my from Caseking as OCUK has been out of stock

Arctic Cooling Accelero is easier to get over here too, friend is using same cooler on his Ti as well and he is pretty much happy, temperatures are nit bad, but mainly cooler is running almost silent not like his old FE cooler which has been way too noisy

Those are great temperatures there, 50's in gaming are nice temperatures

I think on Accelero fans are Arctic F12 PWM which don't have great PWM range, but maybe I'm wrong on this, with BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 I think I could run them at 50% PWM at 200-250RPM as lowest but I never control them through the Afterburner or GPU rather with Aquacomputer Aquaero

But still looks good there, good air cooler is way better than any Hybrid kit for any GPU, with these Hybrid coolers you are risking failure which I wouldn't risk anymore, once this did happen but lucky escape for me

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

turina3 likes this.