Geforce GTX Titan X thread.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, Mar 19, 2015.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I know there's an electrical link between wattage and voltage, but I did not know the cards will take a higher voltage just because you tell them to take more wattage. I thought with Maxwell 2 (980 and TX) you'd have to tweak the voltage table rather than only raising the TDP.

That's still an awesome clock... those 1590MHz certainly swing quite a punch!

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    It would be great if we could get a voltage of around 1.35v as id run that and no more. Waiting to see if the new MSI AB can help in anyway when its released.

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    For the money no it's not "worth it" to you but the performance is still impressive if you take the price out of it.

But at $1000 it performs within 20% of a setup that cost $1300 and has more VRAM for these poorly optimized games that are coming out these days.

BTW I thought you had me on ignore?

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    delete..

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015

5. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    I was actually positively surprised by the cooler. Waiting for the waterblock I plugged the card in "vanilla" to have a go. Even when pushing it heavily on Crysis3, all it makes is a swooshing sound that is very tolerable. Ambient temps and case ventilation sure play a role, but overall it is very acceptable for atop-end card.

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I forgot whom I'm dealing with here..... If someone has a differing opinion than you they are wrong. You are all knowing. I'm sorry for questioning you. Your right everyone should just buy a 4770K based system and a 780 and be happy like you and only upgrade when you do.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    The card is not worth it to him, therefore it is not worth it for everybody, whats hard to understand with that argument?

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    ^And my argument is a fail argument. lol

If he hates the card why is he in here. I was refraining from being a part of this thread, but when he posted that first post that I quoted I couldn't not respond. Has he ever used SLI?

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    delete..

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    @Loophole I doubt it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It's the best single gpu you can buy. Nobody is saying it's good value for money. Depends on your budget. There's a lot of people out there who can afford the X without even thinking about the price tag. to those guys, it's the only gpu to go to.

12. Mydog

Mydog Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan X SLI
    This all depends on what you want to spend your money on. I always buys the new stuff but OC'ing and gaming is my hobby and I can afford it :)
    Of course I sell the hardware I'm done with so the cost of new isn't that big anyway.

13. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Very true and I totally agree with your statement not everyone wants to spend an arm and a leg for just a graphics card when they have other important things to spend their money on. Also on the other hand there are enthusiasts out there who want the best.

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Does it really really matter what people spend there money on when you think about it? As long as people are happy with there purchase then it really does not matter. If my 690 didnt have a 2Gb bottleneck i would of stuck with it but it was stopping me playing games i wanted so i upgraded whether it was a Titan X or whatever.

Dont regret my purchase one bit and im not one to upgrade every gen of GPU that is released even though i can easily afford too if i wanted too. I upgrade when "I need too" upgrade and dont care about other peoples upgrade paths.

If they ask for advice i will offer it but its up too them what they buy. :)

15. circus2050

circus2050 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3
    Thx for the feedback. I will have to hear it for myself, next month.
    But I have a feeling that I will be mounting the arctic accelero xtreme iv on it.
    It seems this cooler is better in regards to noise produced if you want to do some OC and stick with an air cooler.

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    There's a good chance I'll be ordering one Friday, had a decent offer on my 780ti's :D

17. Halfmead

Halfmead Master Guru

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    Just looked at prices here in Denmark..it is crazy...:banana:

14 days delivery atm and 1 x Titan X is..hold on....1430$$$ :puke2:

My KF2 GTX980 SOC is 604$ ...not really the SLI type, so guess will wait and see what 980ti will bring to the table price/performance wise :)

The Titan does look nice though, with it's huge memory bank ;)

18. bmac11

bmac11 New Member

GPU:
    2x Titan X
    And yet here you are harassing people who praise the card. The 390x isn't out yet. I see any card that requires an AIO water cooled heatsink as a failure. The card cannot with a regular air cooled heatsink. It needs extra voltage and higher clocks to compete with the Titan X. It won't have the overclocking headroom like the Titan X.

Vram matters to people on resolutions higher than 1080. You wouldn't understand. I am on 4k with 2x Titan X underwater and a lot of games are using well over 6gb vram. Double precision aside, the Titan X is a much better value than the OG Titan when you compare it to the other cards on the market at the time. I came from 2x 780tis and I am very happy with my purchase. The demand speaks for itself.

IF you have the money, then a 980 is a solid upgrade from a 780.. even on 1080. The Titan X is for people on high resolutions. With DX12 on the horizon, games will benefit from the extra cores from a X99 build.. so why don't you upgrade? Any enthusiast, if they had the money, would upgrade at every possible chance - not only because it is an upgrade, but because it is fun playing with new hardware.

Doesn't this site have mods? You don't have a TX and you're not contributing anything positive to this thread. Instead, you're trolling people who praise the card. You're acting like a jealous baby.. just sayin'

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    yes please delete all offtopic, not worth arguing for such silly things..

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Can mod please clean up this thread?