GeForce GTX 780 Priced Close to Titan ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 3, 2013.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    which is kind messed up consider the state of the us economy and how much of our money is actual coming from china and how much of that is going to other countries....

2. roki977

roki977 Member

GPU:
    Asus gtx 670 dc2 TOP
    You have politics that protect that way off life and support spending money. Cheap prices off cars, loans and HW, gas... Question is how long. Europe is in deep ****s with much less debts.

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  3. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    US is shrinking PC gaming market, Europe is and was the biggest PC gaming market. Asia, especially China is the growing PC gaming market currently due to their ban on consoles or was it just Jap consoles.

US is Console centric.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  4. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roki977 View Post
    As long as Americans will buy it for 800$ it will be overpriced like Titan is and Titan is selling like crazy in U.S.. In less rich countryies where people work for few time less money it will collect dust in wharehouses but who cares bcs. U.S. is the biggest market.
    AMD is no better, 1000$ 7990 is the proof or 500$ launch price for 7970 who is not even the high end product at the end. Good old days with sub 400$ real high end single GPUs are gone or 600$ dual GPUs. PS4 here I come

you kidding me the usa is rich ? lol the usa is bankrupt being carried by china right now and usa at anytime can fall if china let's usa default on it's 17 trillion owed to them. What rock you live under guy ????

5. PhoBos82

PhoBos82 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Sadly even at these prices I would never drop PC gaming because I simply despise consoles.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    From Nvidia's rumoured pricing to international economics .. wtf!?

Same here, I guess. I don't want another box and its accessories/software taking up space and gathering dust.

7. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Partly true PC is actually growing everywhere according to Steam survey part of that is here i think. I've converted 3 friends lol.

Despite what everyone says PC gaming pays for itself if your not on the enthusiast level of upgrading every 6 months. I speced a 600$ build for a friend with a 7870, granted he's not going to max every game out he's still going to play games at decent fps and they will look good. Higher than the current generation of consoles by far. Then you add up saving 50$ a year for not paying for internet and also not paying retail for games due to steam sales...well you save a ton of money. I couldn't tell you the last I payed 60$ for a PC game. The last video game i bought at 60$ was halo 4. By the time there is an actual need to upgrade, which is at least 3 years in todays stagnant gaming, you'd have saved probably around 150$ to put into another video card. The only area you'll miss out on is exclusives..but screw em 400$ doesn't warrant for two or three games.

Granted it is going to change a little with the release of the new consoles but for the better mostly. Considering the new consoles are running on x86 architecture i think it will eliminate ports. We'll also see graphical advancement a good ways but i don't really think it's going to be like the last generation.

The reason we're having to worry about Nvidia pricing is because AMD is riding the 7970 out. Honestly i don't think prices are about to change and if the 780 was kepler refresh and was launched at 600$ i don't think it would sell well. As soon as competition ensues again we can look forward to better pricing. That also goes for AMD in the CPU segment if Steamroller could manage to provide at least Sandy Bridge single-threaded performance it could force Intel to introduce mainstream Hexa-cores which i'm waiting for.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  8. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
    You guys seem to forget that enthusiast cards are a tiny % of sales.
    NV can ask a lot because people already bought cards that were preposterously priced in the past and they simply know that it will sell.
    Companies can make only as much money as we give to them and lately we habituated them that we give quite a lot.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Looks @ his 470 GTX*

Another 6 months pal, another 6 months...

10. trentbg

trentbg Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia
    translates to - nVidia burns in hell?