Geforce GTX 780 Owners Club

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by bishi, May 23, 2013.

1. RodsterPS360

RodsterPS360 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 w/ACX Cooling
    Guru3D just posted the 780 ACX review. I'm now glad I went this route. :banana:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/evga_geforce_gtx_780_sc_acx_review,1.html

Conclusion

Obviously the reference design of the GTX 780 already is very sweet, in fact EVGA is using a reference board (PCB) yet decided that the reference cooler was not good enough. That There is room for improvement shows alright, as the new ACX cooler keeps this product chilled down under 65 Degrees C, and that is impressive when you consider the shreer performance combined with this factory faster clocked product. Overall, the GTX 780 is a surprisingly fast card, I really want to say exceptional here. Much like we stated in our reference review, we had a great time testing this graphics card. Coming from a GeForce GTX 680 you can expect a good 30% more performance and looking down from a GeForce GTX Titan, the performance difference is only roughly less then 3% and we even have seen a win or two over Titan. That has everything to do with the factory clocks of this product versus power and temperature targets versus the dynamic Boost clock.

2. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    You can count me in (not) when i can afford it.The Palit GTX 780 just got listed and it is in stock in the store a usually buy stuff from for 700 euros.I wish a had the cash right now as could have it by tomorrow if i order it today.I can only imagine the massive performance boost i will get from my aging GTX480....

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i think i'm in. Have to factor in a waterblock as well..although is there much point due to voltage limitations?

(i am a bit addicted to not hearing any gpu fan kick in :) )

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  4. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    Was so happy to come home after work and find my EVGA GTX 780 :) Installed it and works perfectly. Cooler, just like so many ppl are saying is way quieter than the reference GTX 680.
    So as my hand were itching to try it, first thing I ran (with a little OC : +150/+350) was 3DMark 2013. and here's my results:
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/687268
    not too bad. But i can definitely OC more. Temps on the card barely reached 67C when testing, so it's still FAR away from the downclocking :)
    Time to run more tests, and then gonna do some gaming.

So far I'm really happy.

UPDATE: Managed to get to +200/+500. With fire strike score of 9846
    http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/687418

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I hope to get one by this week, this way I will know how much of a difference CPU makes with one card at 1080p :p

6. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Been doing tons of tests all day, lowering and raising clocks etc, and I've finally settled on +180 core, +450 mem.
    Used the Metro Last Light benchmark to see if it crashes or not, since it was the only benchmark I could find that made it crash at those frequencies.
    Valley, Heaven, Dawn, none of those made it crash! I did 10 loops in a row of Metro and it was fine in the end.

7. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    i might sell both my 680's and stick with 1 780 has anyone done this? and will this improve minimum framerates or is that all to do with cpu?

8. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    anyone got the gigabyte reference gtx 780 anyone recommend gigabyte?

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    All reference cards are the same.

10. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thinking the same, but I may hold out. 780's are nice cards for sure.

11. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    i got that itch for the new tech lol its to late i ordered it :D
    trade shop is offering me £214 for each card thats £428 :? going to get some money back tomorrow i still guess i have lost a lot though hmmmm

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  13. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    i have basically spent a additional £110 to get it,
    i was to inpatient i admit but oh well

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I think if I could get $425 a piece for my 670's with the EK blocks and back plates I would consider 780sli on water but I doubt I could get that.

15. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Not everybody HAS to post a link, if you really wanted to know about it, you would have taken his post and researched it first instead of bash and flame.

As for the cooler. Yes that's a great one, but the stock cooler is great as well.

I'll be getting 2 reference 780's with stock coolers from ASUS, as I personally have ran into too many failing 3rd party fans in the past. Every reference design fan I've owned always kept going.

16. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    I installed my 2 EVGA 780 SCs and they both light up...but it seems my actual system only notices one card...any tips??

I have the SLI bridge on them, but device manager only shows one card, and the "enable SLI" option isn't visible in my NVIDIA control panel

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Re-install the latest drivers and select custom install then check the box for clean installation try that first then report back. Also if device manager is not detecting it try reseating the card then check to see if GPUz sees the card.

18. Stryfex

Stryfex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    i tried seating the card in a different PCI slot and it shows up in device manager now...but it shows up with this:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

19. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    what motherboard do you own?

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    you checked in the bios your pci settings?

that with one card in at the time. i'd test invidually if you havent already.

p.s and yeah above post is good.

maybe update mobo bios.

Last edited: May 25, 2013