GeForce GTX 780 could be released on May 23

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 4, 2013.

1. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I think that is confirmed weather the 780 is a refresh or Titan LE. So i would say yes and you can get them for 350$ and under sometimes. The 670 IMO really undercuts the 680 because they're very close performance wise. If the 680 would've had a 320-bit bus or bigger it would made it more valuable IMO.

You also get metro last light i think.

Honestly i think the current Gen will be fine until maxwell/9000 series

To add though i wouldn't pay 350+ for a 670 because by then your in 7970 range and around the 400$ mark the 7970 is the best buy IMO. If you don't fancy ocing you can simply flash to Ghz Bios or if you do OC it to 1125/1575 or higher. Lots of performance for the price, make sure you buy reference or the one exception the MSI twin frozr/boost, it actually is reference PCB.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Why not, if the price is good?

3. PhoBos82

PhoBos82 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I can confirm Metro last light comes with the 680, A buddy of mine just got his.

4. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090 OC
    Give me a reason to upgrade my GTX 690 ?

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    They gonna nerf it with driver updates. you watch

6. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Do they actually do that? I wouldn't put it past them but that's crappy.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Where are you seeing 50-80% may want to look at this http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_titan_review,1.html

8. PhoBos82

PhoBos82 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I wouldn't

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Highly doubt it, i was just being a sarcastic muppet. My 580's are going better than from when i first got them so have to say Nv have been pretty good with support for older cards. Im sure those on 4xx series will agree also.

10. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    What have you smoke ? Titan is barely 36 to 40% faster over a 680.. and at best under 30% faster of a 7970Ghz.

And the review was highly in favor of Titan. ( due to res )
    [​IMG]

I dont see GTX600 owners buy a 760TI or 770 anyway. 760TI = 670 and 770 = 680 ( with a bit more clock, and looking how turbo work, it should be on the paper mostly ( as some 680 run at 1100+mhz )..

If 780 is Titan LE, dont expect much of 20-25% more performance of a 680, and so dont expect the 770 to be 20% faster of a 680.

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    AMD has done it before and I'm sure nVidia has as well. "Oops, we accidentally decreased the performance of your card by 20%, we'll fix it never, kthnx bye."

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Unless you have sources to back this up, stop spreading this ****. I understand that sometimes older titles get screwed up by newer drivers but there has been no cases of AMD/Nvidia artificially impacting performance to sell newer cards.

These types of baseless claims don't belong on this forum.

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Oh yeah because a PC website is going to interview an employee of one of the two and they'll admit they've ever done it on purpose.

Alright if you want it that way, AMD 6900 series performance spiked down by up to 20%+ in some games for unknown reasons leading up to the 7900 series release. Reasons remain "unknown".

No "baseless" claims there.

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Benchmarks? Graphs? Anything what-so-ever except your post here? A quick google search returned nothing on it.

And yeah -- a PC website like Anandtech would do that if they saw it. They would investigate as to why performance was impacted. Or at least do a little blurb about it -- as they have done before.

I frequent many tech sites and have heard nothing about it.

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Because PC sites such as Anandtech do reviews of every driver release especially on the previous gen cards?

And that somehow would equate to them obtaining solid proof that it was intentional? Of course not, there would be no proof, just suspiciously messed up drivers and a weak excuse from nVidia/AMD.

Next are you going to ask me for proof that nVida/AMD have ever worked together?

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    No, but they definitely investigate technical anomalies, especially when they get fussed over on their forum. They've done it with motherboards, they've done it with the OCZ drives (basically making OCZ redesign the Vertex firmware). If a driver update actually caused multiple AMD owners to lose 20% performance I'm pretty sure it would have caused a large enough fuss for Anandtech to investigate it, or even mention it in an article, or Ryan on his blog.

I've heard nothing about this. Not a single thing. And yeah, I'm sure you can probably dig up a single user or two who experienced some 20% decrease in some random 16bit racing game. But if you're telling me AAA titles saw a 20% decrease from an update, I'm telling you you're full of it.

Sure go ahead. And if you link me to a settlement you're not getting points.

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You really think they would go back an investigate issues from the 6900, they'd be more likely to go out to try to prove the sky is blue. Do you realize which generation of card you're talking about, just the one which had severe driver problems from Feb 2011 to March 2012. I suppose you're going to want graphs and charts for that claim too. You act as if it's never happened before, ask anyone here with a 6900.

It was more than a random 16 bit racing game, performance decreases in "AAA" titles I saw were between 5 and 20%, at 1080p.

But I'm done entertaining your witch hunt. You can just go on assuming I'm "full of it".
    And that proves my point. We're done here.

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080

Nvidia/AMD settling a lawsuit out of court doesn't prove anything, aside from the fact that they don't want to pay lawyers millions to fight a lawsuit until the end of eternity. A DOJ investigation has far more substance; they returned with nothing.

You still haven't posted any real information regarding the performance drop, no before and after graphs, no other posts besides your own account. If you did I would definitely be willing to look at the data and possibly change my conclusion and admit that I was in the wrong, as I have been/done before.

But until you do, keep that stuff off the forums. It leads to more tin foil hat conspirators which ruins the quality of posts here.

19. Cpuclocker

Cpuclocker New Member

GPU:
    GTX680 SLI
    Nice :) 2 Ancient Gurus that sounds more like 2 Ancient idiots

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Fair enough. You have to realize though that I'm not about to try to post any benchmarks; I don't remember the driver versions or even which game was affected by what %. I'd have to try to remember a date then dig up a driver based on that. I did search and yeah I found nothing concrete to post. At the time of the problem I didn't even bother post about it here, I was long done caring, I just reverted to an older driver. If I had somehow I have a feeling that would have been the top Google result. What can lend some credit to it is someone else here with a 6900 speaking up. And that would have been just 1 occurrence, I didn't mention anything else because I simply don't remember any detail beyond "yeah it had happened before".

As for the tin foil hat wearing regarding their releases/price, their actions have to seem suspicious to even you especially with the latest generation.