GeForce GTX 590 and GTX 590 SLI reviews

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Cards failing already?OMG...terrible!

When is Keplar due to be released guys?

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    So that does not effect people who would only use air cooling ? Do you think that MSI will put some "military grade" stuff and fix that issue ? HAve you heard any news about possible upcoming fixes ?

3. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    That EVGA card is sexy, hope they still have them in stock next week.

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    As long as you dont overclock this card you are safe , but if you overclock this card even at stock settings and air cooling for a long time you will risk the card to die :( , I think this card its going to have a very short life and will be very infamous VGA. Its sad i was going to buy me one , but not after listen to my friends and reading whats going on with this card.

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    6990, faster, cheaper, and can be overclocked without blowing up, its a no brainer :)

6. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Looks like I am going to postpone too. Was very exited but now do not feel safe to get one. Will wait for couple of months to see if any changes will be done in terms of what parts they will use to increase durability.

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its very bad, be getting RMA'd left right and centre, 'My GTX 590 Blew Up' threads will be all over the web :D

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Ang' I can understand your buds going all gung ho balls to the wall on the cards but i'm sure if kept cool and the voltage sane the cards will just not die and keal over.
    Its the same thing with the 570's and i have np's getting them to go 1070+on the core with a piece of dice right on the stock heatsink without breaking a sweat so to speak.
    I think if most of these guys paid for there cards you would not see too many dead ones,or at least less of them.

9. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    What i wanna know is, what frakking idiot to decides to overclock a card that has so much power at stock anyway?

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    not idiots.... overclockers...most do want to see overclocking on the cards since stock clocks are so low.

11. Heavens Dragon

Heavens Dragon Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 460 1gb
    enthusiastic?

the heating problem(lol) is driver issue ...the driver supplied with card are faulty according to some sites like TPU newer drivers avail on nv site seem to fixed that but still lol :banana:

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Been reading some more.im gonna pass on the 590's i think,ive waited this long for a true successor to the 295's,looks like ill be waiting a little while longer,hopefully Keplar will be due for release around the time of Battlefield 3(October 2011).

Anyhow Summer time is a quiet time for me and gaming,i normally go out a lot more in the summer,so it pays to wait realistically in my position,my wife is due to give birth to our baby in June also so ill be busy for a bit anyhow...

Im gonna wait for Keplar.

590's are ok but im sitting on the fence a little tbh especially after the overclocking blow up the card fisco,its put me right off tbh!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  13. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6600XT
    Woud not fit in my case...

14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    techpowerup or whatever the site was has 267.71 drivers according to gpu-z and they blew it. while swedish site had 267.52

15. Illnino

Illnino Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Wow that is a shame.....one expensive OC

16. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
  17. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 Ultra
    Damn it!
    Now I have to cancel my order.
    bye, bye......:bawl:
    [​IMG][/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

18. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Hey Hilbert, why don't you actually focus the Quad-SLi reviews towards enthusiast users? I notice you had a hard time pushing the GPUs to their limits and getting any decent scaling, but will you consider that maybe enthusiasts use surround setups now? I would love to see the scaling of 4 GPUs in a 3 x 1920x1200 or 3 x 2560x1600 monitor setup and even compare the driver difficulties for each setup as this is relevant to users these days. Having a Tri-fire setup myself with 3 x 1920x1200 I find crossfire scales incredibly well and that I'm hungry for even more power and this is one of the applications where Quad-SLi and Quad-Fire actually makes sense, and I'm sure a lot of other users would be particularly interested too, especially if one card or the other runs out of video memory at certain resolutions in certain games.

19. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    was expecting more from the GTX 590 really

20. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified

I second this. its a great suggestion.

and only dissapointment comes to mind when i read about the VRM's blowing up. we cant let nvidia get away with this and in the future launching poor overclokers. I say tell nvidia to fix this issue by not adopting the card. specially for a card at this price point one expects the very best parts to be used. this is a bad mark on your resume nvidia.