GeForce GTX 560 Ti (SLI) reviews @ [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 25, 2011.

1. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    9 out of 10 people here buy for value? LOL If that was even remotley true 9 out of 10 people would be gaming with 450GTS video cards because that is value for the money! So enough of your nonesense please, I am not buying it whatsoever...Value means jack and shat with PC hardware because it is all relative. For example, what value is it to me in buying a top-end card if I never use FSAA?

The guy in the store in my example was not right. I walked in and said I want a GTX460. He tried to sway me in favour of ATi to save $20 bucks. I didn't walk in there wanting to save $20 bucks with ATi. I wanted an Nvidia GTX460 video card period! What the guy did in the store is no different then what online reviews are trying to do these days by basing there reviews conclusions on hardware prices that are + or - $20.00 That is bull crap no other way to say it. Gimmie a break, I am not shopping at Wal-mart looking for extra air miles...

2. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Because about 3 people would actualy use that res?

3. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    No, you are wrong again, because people on this site are obviously looking for a good value card that can do what they want it to do. In this case, I would imagine the vast majority of people here want to play games.

And obviously that would be little value, since you don't use it, so you wouldn't buy it? So that just further proves my point that people shop for value? I don't understand what you are getting at.

And lastly, the guy was perfectly correct in informing you that the other card is cheaper and does the same, because he has no idea whether you know it exists or not. Sure, if he spent ages trying to convince you, then that's a little excessive, but bringing it up at all and trying to point out the benefits is exactly what they are there for. People who know exactly what they want generally order online where they can get better prices.

And as for reviews making comparisons between prices etc, I really do not understand your argument. The review is there to inform people of the options out there when they want to buy a new piece of kit. Even you must take in to consideration the prices and performances of things, otherwise you would have no ****ing idea what you are buying or if it is any good. Your argument seems to be based on assuming that everyone has already made up their mind on what they want, so putting prices in the review is pointless.

I would honestly be surprised if even one person in this whole thread agrees with what you are trying to say, in so far that reviews should never talk about the cards value, and other options at similar price points, with the relevant pros and cons.

4. RSharpe

RSharpe Active Member

GPU:
    2 Palit GTX 580 3GB, SLI
    Perhaps in a regular card review, but when we're talking about SLI or Crossfire configuration, we're talking about more significant numbers of multi monitor gamers.

5. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ hmm doubt it, maybe on SLI580s but I use my 460s on 1 screen, think the majority do as well, multi screen is still very much a niche, even here

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Don't think many or any people would agree with him either.

Just because everyone isn't using GTS450's doesn't mean they aren't out for good value.

Good value will differ from person to person, depending on their own personal budget, and circumstances.

Thank god the manufacturers don't believe we all think like you, they would just price it as high as they wanted, as enthusiast don't care about value.

Multi-monitor stuff is best done on a seperate dedicated review in my opinion, and kinda pointless doing it on mid-range 1gb cards too.

7. gb_40_au

gb_40_au New Member

GPU:
    ASUS 460gtx
    Value for Money?????

With the state of the current drivers in both camps at the moment(absolutely attrocious) I dont think anything you buy in regards to graphics cards is value for money at the moment. Nvidia or Ati.
    Unless you know the dynamics of driver engineering or your lucky enough to find a forum that has someone there with a fix or workaround, you are up ****e creek with a toothpick as a paddle, waiting for a next driver release every month........."oh great, new driver, I hope they have fixed this or that problem........bah! nup, damn it. bloody Ati" or "Nvidia" and then another month of waiting, in between countless google searches, forum searches etc etc etc..........................you know the drill.:biggun:

I am so over it.

And now that Nvidia has brought in their own flavour of powerplay, ulps.
    My buying confidence is 0 out of 10.

This 560 TI looks good, really really good

But unless they put out a decent driver to support it, it will be just another disapointment.

PS. I just noticed my system specs are not up to date

i7 930
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R rev.2.0
    1 x Asus 9600 gt, the other card karked it :frown:
    the Gigabyte 5850 OC is not in at the moment(probably should of been binned but escaped)
    Gigabyte 460 OC preceeded the above card which I took back in a fit of rage after a week.
    6 gb kinston 1333 ram
    Corsair AX-1200 Power Supply(I bought this as I suspected other power supply was the cause of video card problems)
    2x150 WDRaptors in Raid 0................................that should do it for now:bugeye:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  8. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This I agree, some savings would help but to me its more on savings between two product but same model (i.e. between a brand X 560 and a brand Y 560)

I still regret spending extra on my motherboard though when I could have gotten a UD3R and the extra going to a Xonar DX :biggun::

9. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    no offense. But, if u r talking seriously, i can bet,u r the greatest moron,not only in this forum,but also in the whole homo sapiens species ever born.
    U getting 460, where 6850hd is about 20~30$ less.it is like u r throwing those to ash of pile,is n't it.it can be done by only blind nvidia fans.and u give a damn to value buy, then go for 580gtx three way sli.why those 460gtx? I think those r for us ,who r concerned about performance/price ratio.
    Again, no offense.

10. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    different preferences for different people? Throwing insults because one person prefers a card over another is uncalled for :biggun:

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Whatever the merits or not of the argument, this is a terribly annoying topic. If I had a magic button on my keyboard that would eject the person(s) harping so incessantly on it from their seat, I'd push it now. :puke2:

12. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Sorry, my post was insulting. Sorry.:(
    on-topic, 6870 crossfire is on par with 560ti sli. So, anyone planning to switch over multi-gpu solution, no need to buy this.:)

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Don't think anyone would switch over from 6870 CF to GTX560 SLI lol, total sidegrade, but if you had neither, then either would be good, as similar price and performance unless you play the COD games, or other DX9 games, then the 560 looks to be quite abit quicker.

14. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    As someone in an earlier post mentioned, I don't remember when there was such an awesome selection of great value cards available EVER! The only possible fly in the ointment would be which one (or two) to choose. I must say this little 560 card has impressed the pants off me!

15. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    [​IMG]

16. gb_40_au

gb_40_au New Member

GPU:
    ASUS 460gtx
    Yes, I have to agree with you there on the 560.
    I think there will be alot of people who recently bought a 460 quite annoyed :bang:

17. ruftman

ruftman New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB
    Now I have a Q8300 with a GTX 460 1 GB. I wonder if I'll see much FPS increase with a GTX 560 ti

18. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz

Unless overclocking comes into play at which point the 560ti SLI setup would completely run away from an overclocked 6870 crossfire solution.

See my previous post in this topic for an explanation.

19. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    No worries no offence taken. I don't get offended online....

20. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb