GeForce GTX 560 Ti (SLI) reviews @ [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 25, 2011.

1. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    Absolutely, I have no problem with that at all and even mentioned the 6970 near the end of my post.

2. Illnino

Illnino Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Nice card aimed at the 6870 but priced at the 6950 by the looks of things. Scales well in overclocking and in sli, good job by nvidia here

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Price will settle down as Nvidias partners begin to compete against each other.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nice review, seems just as most of us where expecting.

Seems hard to find stock clocked cards though, like the 460, the majority of cards out there are factory overclocked.

The 1ghz core Gigabyte card is abit of a beast, right up there with GTX570 performance and quite nicely priced too at less than the 6950.
    Considering i might be able to shift this 460, im considering pre-ordering it.

SLI performance seems great too, though nothing suprising.

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Ok, I'm interested. When do cards normally drop off in price? I could step up to one right now for 60 but I'd like to get it for a bit less.

6. Stingray

Stingray Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Super OC
    Good time to be in the market, can't recall a time when there was such a good selection of cards to choose from in both camps. Still happy with my 5970 though.

7. Calle2003

Calle2003 Member

GPU:
    GTX560 1GB+GT430 1GB
    From the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti SOC review:
    So can I flash my GTX 460 1GB to a GTX 560 Ti?
    Just as AMD users are flashing their HD6950 to HD6970?
    I have flashed almost everything in my computer (motherboard, hard drives, DVD and Blu-ray burners, RAID controllers, graphic cards) without a doubt, but now I doubt it. But it would be great if I could! :banana:

8. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    Great review as always, but if the price is close $10-25 I am going to pick what I am accustom to every time. I really like the stuff I have seen from the 6950 2gig card, and I am wondering how a 2gig 560 would fair? I have been holding off as long as I can on upgrading and tax moneys = new GPU's I don't want to break the bank but I need at least 2x upgrade over what I am using now which is SLI GTX260's.

9. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Palit will no doubt release a 2gb GTX560, but might depend on if the 2gb 6950's stick around.
    I think AMD may EOL them in favour of the cheaper to produce 1gb 6950's.

If your wanting twice the performance of a 2xGTX260, then you will have to get at least a GTX580 then.

10. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ I thought he meant, upgrade to 2x560s?

11. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ah right, well if its that then maybe, 2x560 is just under twice the performance of a GTX295 according to this review.

6950 CF is faster than that, but it is more expensive than the 560, though if he doesn't hang around he can get them and unlock them, which would be the best value for money.

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    boss you said you did not add voltage,is that because ab is not ready yet?

I'm not sure witch one i'm getting yet,I want the white 1,1000 cored one or an MSI hawk.
    In no rush thuo but i do want to try a piece of dice on the stock heatsink and see what it will do.

13. RSharpe

RSharpe Active Member

GPU:
    2 Palit GTX 580 3GB, SLI
    Why doesn't Guru3d ever do testing for 5760x1080/1200?

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    ^cus thats for like 4-5 guys.

I spit into the wind and got a 900 cored gigabutt one to start.

15. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    Yea I will go SLI or CF running 3 1920x1080 Dell Ultra sharps.

16. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I guess I'm going to take some flak, but here goes: I think I'd prefer the 6850 in xfire at current prices.

The 560 sli performs 25% better overall. However $160-$175 vs $255 @ newegg, plus the 70w power draw difference means the price performance is significantly better for the 6850's. Plus you could get away with a 750w PSU saving money there as well. However, ATI is probably going to release a dual chip board with the 68xx on it sometime (though I still like individual cards for resale value).

17. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Better off with the 6950 in that case, can see why you would prefer a 2gb GTX560 then, the 1gb one would no doubt tank running those three screens.

18. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
  19. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    That is the most bollocks I have heard in a while. Just because you walk in to a store having already made up your mind about what you are buying, doesn't mean the guy at the store wasn't right to point out the alternative. He didn't know you had already decided on what card to get, and was just trying to do you a favour.

9/10 people here buy for value, which means performance AND price (and also other less important features like thermals etc). If a card performs the same as another, but is £10/£20 cheaper, that is something to consider when I am shopping. Like has been pointed out, grabbing a bargain in one area means you can splash out in another.

Unless you don't check the prices on your cards before deciding what you want, then you do the same. And no we wouldn't all be playing on CRT monitors with low end hardware, because like I said, it is not the price people care about, it's the value. When I first built my rig, ATI's 4 Series had just hit, and offered exceptional value. The prices were great, the thermals, power draw and performance were all great. Sure, it wasn't quite as fast as nVidia's top dog, but the value was miles better.

If Hilbert and other reviewers don't point out prices and price gaps, it seems kind of pointless releasing the review at all.

I do agree that MIR stuff is a little sketch to be in a review, but most people here (and elsewhere) realise what they involve, so it can't do any harm to point out any potential decent MIRs to people. I don't think they should be included in conclusions about how good cards are for their price, but I do think they should be mentioned for the people that are willing to do it.

EDIT: Also, for clarification, the statement "So is the GF114 in fact a GF104 ? Yep, it sure is." is absurd. You might as well say that GF110 is GF100. Absolutely untrue. I don't think nVidia went for the full 480 --> 580 treatment with 460 --> 560 (I would imagine the margins they were aiming for disallowed it), but GF114 does have several differences that put it above GF104, including the extra transistor type and the improved fp16 capabilities Sorry, I had forgotten that the fp16 optimisations were implemented in GF104 from the get go, so ignore that part.

GF114 and GF104 are essentially identical from a functional perspective, but I think that saying they are one in the same is a little unfair.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  20. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ agreed, if the cards offer the same performance, get the cheaper one, if however there are other factors to consider (noise, features) you then consider that too, but yeh value is a primary concern for me and many others here