1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce GTX 470 and 480 review [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Mar 27, 2010.

1. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Thanks Nvidia for releasing the GTX 4 series now i wait a little bit more as i see the 5970 prices are dropping.

2. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I too have been looking into getting the 5970 a 4gb version is pricey but I may still get one. Nvidia does have better things overall with the cuda but I only use that once in a blue moon so I think higher fps in 360 ports may be the way I go this time around.

3. Matrices

Matrices Member

A fine article overall, but it would have been improved had you chosen not to use immature and vulgar language such as, 'This card raped that card.'

4. dockap

dockap Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 470 sli
    ya maybe he should have said this card made love to that card:3eyes:

5. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Yes because we value the opinion of every douchebag with two posts who comes to this forum to troll and piss us off. I mean if you're gonna troll put some effort into it

6. Crosscheck

Crosscheck Banned

GPU:
    2xGTX 285
    rofl!!!

7. GAR818

GAR818 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    my gtx 470's never go above 70c with fan on 65% in an antec 1200, they are awesome, and im coming from 5870's in crossfire.

8. baize_1

baize_1 New Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon HD5770 1024 Mb
    While performance wise this card is good, I will say that 95 degrees celcius under load is extremly hot. I've been working professionally in the computer field for 15 years and heat kills computers. I can't see this card lasting very long at such temps. Heat degrades performance and shortens the life of computer componant's. I do realize that is under complete full load and most user's won't be at 100% use all of the time, but even at 70% use this card will be in the high 70's- low 80's range. I'll stick with Ati. My Ati card never rises past 65 at 100% Gpu use. Ati is the clear winner here.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    yea it is, but your 5770 is also allot slower.. well from what the real owners said its not so bad, most say it never reaches above 85C with fan up to 75%..including furmark burn in test..

10. baize_1

baize_1 New Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon HD5770 1024 Mb
    ^
    It's slower for sure, but also over half the price too! I can play Modern Warfare 2 at max settings with no lag. I play for 5+ hours and the temp never goes above 65 degrees. As I'm typing now it's at 37 degrees which makes me happy!