Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Spotted In Futuremark ORB

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In the Futuremark results database several entries of the Geforce GTX 1080 Ti have been spotted. It is not exactly a hard product series to seek with it's unusual 11 GB graphics memory. The scores a...

Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Spotted In Futuremark ORB

2. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Looks to be a great card, very tempted to pick up one for myself (that or wait for Volta/vega).

If these cards can clock to the 2.1/2.2ghz like the others than this card might be stronger than the TitanXP Though marginally... Don't think anyone cares about the 1less GB of vram, don't think i have never seen a game go past 6gb of Vram as of yet

3. baasgene

baasgene Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Tuf OC
    that's a pretty bad time spy graphics score for an overclocked TI, I score 8k with my card at 2.075mhz boost and 11.1ghz memory (GTX 1080 Strix OC)

an overclocked Ti would get roughly 10k in my system, since a Titan X scores 10200 approx when clocked to the same OC profile as my 1080 Strix.

I call bs on these benches. Unless it was bottlenecked somewhere.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    *Heavy breathing*

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    How can it beat TXP when 1080ti is just a cut down version of it?

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    higher clocks. Also 3rd party ones will potentially clock even higher than the Titan. Has always been the same. Under water the Titan should pull ahead.

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    In the bench the Ti has higher memory clock but the Titan XP they used has higher core clock. I guess we don't know the Ti's boost states - they might be higher than the Titan.

Could also be extra performance from that DX12 optimized driver Nvidia is coming out with - it's supposed to launch with the Ti on Friday I think. I guess this isn't a DX12 test though so idk. Maybe it effects performance in other areas too.

8. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Looking good for my next card (1080ti) :)

But, this bench cant be that accurate. The drivers are not even properly optimized for the 1080ti and third party card like msi, evga, asus will score better then this.

I still think the results are fine so far, but its too early until official and 3rd party cards are released with a couple of new drivers and tweaks.

Time will tell. Perhaps in April/may when the drivers are better for this card ;-)

9. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    I think the new Ti will probably be power and voltage limited the same as the Titan XP, so don't expect 2.2+GHz overclocks. It will be around 2.1GHz for most cards the same as the Titan XP and other Pascal cards.

Same clocks on Titan XP 2062 MHz (Boost) with memory at 5702 MHz results, Slightly higher GPU Score on Titan XP.
    1080 Ti: 10,825
    Titan XP: 10,890
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  10. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 Phantom
    No more than +/- 2%performance from TitanXP, i think.

11. baasgene

baasgene Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Tuf OC
    This is definitely legit. The numbers agree with what I expected form a proper oc

12. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    As eclap said, higher clocks.

A 980Ti could actually hold it's own against a Titan XM and in some cases even beat it in both stock and overclocked scenarios. The 1080Ti's performance on a generational bases has a 10% improvement, so will almost certainly beat the Titan XP.

>12,000 MHz memory when OC'd? Damn, that's fast.

13. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Mystery Machine achievement unlocked.