1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Prices are climbing

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Stop mocking me, I don't disregard optimizations in general, I just question your "at least 5%", that's all. But if you're sure then great news for those who has that 2070. I don't remember getting a 25% increase over my old 980Ti and then another 5% on top of that but maybe its happened.

-Tj- likes this.
  2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 AC 1150/1500
    Come to think of it, +5% might very well be an overestimate on my part. +5% sweeping increase across the board is actually pretty big because it includes old games which likely won't see any kind of gains.
    OTOH looking solely at upcoming games, 5% uplift vs 1080ti is proly conservative. Not that I would bet my house, but lets say a piece of periphery...?

Oh and I forgot... add fast FP16 aka Rapid Packed Math, previously reserved for GP100/GV100, to the list of features.

LOL i know rite
    and if you're that much into 2nd hand why not get a 2nd hand 2080 :p

now seriously... 11GB -> 8GB is a bummer.
    ATM the impact of -3GB is proly just psychological, but 2 years down the road, it will be real, especially at 4k.
    With ~40% more VRAM (11GB), 2080 would age better no doubt about it.

Fox2232 likes this.
  3. Megabigd

Megabigd Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080 Ti Hybrid
    I have a evga 1080 ti hybrid for sale cheap.

4. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Of course it is used. There is nothing wrong with a used 1080ti. EVGA cards still have their warranty.

5. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    People here are talking about buying a 1080ti USED on Ebay. Big difference. No one in their right mind is buying a 1080ti for full price right now.

6. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Second hand 2080s are not really decreasing much past what they are now. There aren't many second hand cards even out there. That's why. The 1080ti has a mature second hand market with a lot of quality cards out there for 500 bucks. And with EVGA you still have warranty. After trade in I paid 260 bucks for my card. I didn't want to spend any more than that.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    wait till the next gen after the 2xxx series come. the price will rise another $150+ I wont be buying new GPU any time soon, so 4 years altest and if prices dont go back normal for gpu i will just go console root, I already generally spend 750$ every 4-5 years for new CPU/MOBO and RAM and generally just reuse my case,psu,hdd/ssd less they need to replaced then another $300 for new gpu which is general the xx60 gts/ti cards and the prices on those card have slowly going up too a year after that. I be damned if i gona start pay 450+ gpu

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix Gaming
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. Wolfskin07

Wolfskin07 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX480 SLI
    I've sold and bought many items, used with warranty, and never have I had any problems activating the warranty when needed... Most brands honor the warranty regardless of who bought it, if it has all the warranty stickers on it and you have proof of purchase.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    I was curious because if you buy at an etailer, technically the proof of purchase is between the etailer and a single person, and usually you don't set up any contracts when buying a second hand card that states the sellers name (which is in the etailers proof of purches), and the buyer's. Good to know it works though, I personally never was in that situation.