GeForce GTX 1060 Spotted in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    It shouldn't or it will be doa.

2. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    nVidia price-management. Those other cards are going out of stock and people are going to buy the new gen despite it being worse than old gen anyway, because they don't know better.

3. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    They'd have to price it around that purely to compete with the 480.

The 1060 would have to blow the 480 out of the water to justify a price premium in this segment, and if half the rumours/leaks about the 480 are true that would mean the 1060 would be encroaching on the 1070's territory.

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Nvidia will probably charge $270 for it -- will end up being like 10% faster then a RX480 in DX11 games. Hitman and Ashes will show the RX480 up way higher performance levels and the smart people will buy based on that. Two years from now people will reflect on how the RX480 was the better buy in the long run and people who bought the 1060 will defend themselves by saying that by the time DX12 saturated they were upgrading anyway.

5. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Amd is taking too long to deliver i really hope the 480 is as good as they say

6. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Bull**** my neighbour bought the 970 for about 350 EUR a month later when it launched.

7. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    haha nvidia no can manufacture suficient of 1070 and 1080 until today and thinking in launch another card? hahahaha make me laugh

8. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Then he was a very lucky guy!

I´ve bought mine 3 or 4 months after release and i paid 380€! And a month after release the cards were sold at a premium because they sold so much they were always out of stock, so finding a card below the 400€ mark was a mirage! And now, an year after release the cheapest 970 is still 310...

So like i said, your friend must have been very lucky...

9. Reqruiz

Reqruiz Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    To be honest I really don't care anymore. nVidia is out of league for me because their price policy. I'm gonna buy RX480 and I hope AMD will rise again. :)

10. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Anything to derail the 480 hype train.

11. EdInk

EdInk Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 (H20)

12. EdInk

EdInk Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 (H20)
    Knowing Nvidia, they'll release a full hardware DX12 compatible card and that'll force owners to upgrade who want to harness its full potential anyway...DX12 is still young.

13. EdInk

EdInk Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 (H20)
    The hope lies in the partner boards with potentially better power delivery and cooling, the ref.. not much in that from the leaks..it's in the 390X territory.

14. Archimonde

Archimonde Guest

GPU:
    From this seal shall
    There's no historical precedent for such a thing, this is madness

Cheers,
    Archimonde the Defiler

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  15. vazup

vazup Guest

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Oh, it seems that our stores have different prices because 970 are going for about 250 EUR over here now.

16. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Comparing the cards clock to clock is meaningless and only being pushed by AMD fans because they can't compare straight up. Reminds me of how years ago they'd always bring up performance/watt as the definitive method when comparing cards, but once nVidia released super efficient cards that owned even that category, you never heard a peep about performance/watt since then.

17. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Why does that packaging have Windows 8 on it?

I don't think it's fake at all, i do think that Nvidia is scared to death of a 980+ performing card for 200$.

Again Nvidia holds all the cards to it's chest literally.

1060 will be a few % faster and a few % more expensive than the RX480 because they were never gonna let AMD get away with total budget dominance. Never going to happen.

I feel sorry for AMD because they never seem to catch a break and why would the market leader ever give them one.

Although i think it's safe to say that most here would like to see AMD doing better or at least be more competitive on day one when Nvidia these days always seem to have an answer for anything AMD can throw at them.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I don't think the 480 will outperform the 980. And it'll cost more than $200. I'm waiting patiently to see what is true about this 1060. It only makes sense though, if you go to work at Nvidia HQ.

19. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    Whoever believes a word of this post is just being retarded. There is noway that Nvidia will sell a card before there wasn't the slightest word about the product on the street. I smell Photoshop a mile away.

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Huh?

I don't know if it's launching or not, but there has been rumors about this card for months.