GeForce Game Ready v497.09 WHQL Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Dec 1, 2021.

1. ParKur

ParKur Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090/RTX 2080Ti
    have you not returned a separate sharpness setting for applications?

AQUILES likes this.
  2. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    did anyone had halo infinite crashes prior to this and it is now fixed?

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    There is an notification when launching Doom Eternal from bethesda that any driver newer than 472.12 might cause CTD and performance issues in the game.

The new driver fixes the CTD but what about the performance? i noticed there is some wierd fps drops that never were before.

4. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 Ti nvLink

That aligns with personal findings on doom eternal and some other apps/games.

5. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER
    Driver works fine on the RTX 2070 Super System, but on the 980 GTX system every time I right click and go to select the Nvidia control panel nothing happens!

6. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Nvidia is not responsible for the state of your windows store, or this error.

AQUILES likes this.
  8. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER
    That's nice but I was actually looking for some advice, seeing as it was fine prior to the update?

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you were using STD drivers prior to the update, theres no easy fix for damage to the windows store account permissions because microsoft has registered a UID/ACE that doesn't appear to have valid information in the inherited security settings and cannot be edited or recreated 1:1.

This is the result of "Take ownership" advice pushed around on various forums to "fix" other issues with the windowsapps ecosystem, or perhaps leftovers from a pre-1803 attempt to use dch drivers where the OS has a symlink targetting a non-existent folder on another drive.

Assuming its just permissions, the steps here might help

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/windowsapps-folder-restore-default-permissions/

if its the result of symlinked leftovers, it'll need several utilities to dig into it more thoroughly, (trusted.exe, totalcmd.exe) so as to access the folder as a user that has the correct permissions to alter the folder and contents without changing the ACL's.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  10. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER
    Thank you for helping out much appreciated! I tried everything above and it said it worked. However in WindowsApps it seems it's only the Nvidia control panel that is corrupted, even when changing permissions it wouldn't work. So I ended up DDU the entire driver, going into Windows Apps and removing those Nvidia Control Panel files left over by changing permission. Then installing the 472.12's which is prior to the DCH install (Doesn't use the windows app). Now the control panel is working perfectly!

Not sure i'll update to the DCH drivers on the 980 GTX system until I have more time incase the permissions still isn't working correctly! - So annoying all I did was update to the latest Nvidia driver :(

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    yeah, its probably symlinks then,

you'll get the same error if the target location for a symlink is not available

12. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Hi, i did this install and now my New world game shut down the entire pc, now this happen with old drivers too...any ideas?

13. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF OC
    didn't that game lose like 90% of its player base lol...but that aside....did your gpu die from it?

14. DocratesCR

DocratesCR New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Exactly the same issue... lastest drivers reboots my entire pc when playing BF2042, Elder Scrolls Online...

I have already used DDU to cleanup and reinstall, problem persist.

Rolling back to previous driver to test and report if, as you, the issue continues.

RTX 3090 here.

15. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    It's still there if you enable "GPU scaling" and "Integer scaling" under "Adjust desktop size and position". You will get the old Image Sharpening and Ignore Film Grain back, other than the per-game sharpening option. But you won't be able to use NIS afaik.

16. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX3060 OC
    I don't have crashes with these drivers also with the previous driver but, i have to say the game is smoother with this new driver.

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    That sounds like OC instability or faulty PSU.

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Yesterday i played 4-5 hours Warzone and i didn't experience black screen. Dunno what happened the first time..

19. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    no faulty psu or oc.
    I played it for 200 hours and got 0 problems, sorry my english.
    Just installed this driver and this now, hoping in a new version of DDU.
    Seems i resolved with dsabling all audio devices, i fear the razer update some days ago can be the culprit too.

20. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    hi, yes the same and i played it like 200 h with no problems.
    Now i have 496.98 beta, i hope in an hotfix and i'm tring to understand if the problem is linked to razer.
    I will tell you later!