Geforce Game Ready Driver 441.12 - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Tadeo, Nov 4, 2019.

1. wasteomind

wasteomind Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 ti
    I've had 2 hard lockups in Shadow of the Tomb Raider with these drivers. Everything set to max with DX12, RTX on, and DLSS on. Also had two instances of 0x887A0005 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error messages at start up. I'm not getting the device hung message with these drivers anymore, but I suspect that the hard lockup replaces that. This was while playing and just running around towns, did not happen while benchmarking.

2. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    How is it a "fall back" if it is the newest publicly available driver?

3. wasteomind

wasteomind Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 ti
    Are you by any chance forcing Anisotropic filtering (AF16x) via the diver control panel? Tonight in some of my testing I found that forcing this was introducing stuttering/hitching to Shadow of the Tomb Raider, might be a similar case in Rise.

Edit nevermind I loaded up the game and experienced a issue different from what I mentioned above. I was getting full 2 - 5 second freezes at completely random times while walking around. Didn't hard lock and require a force quit or reboot like shadow did. Not sure if you saw that issue at all.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 3:33 AM
  4. Luca Dallari

Luca Dallari New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 1070
    Hi!

after installing the latest couple of drivers i saw that for some games, like Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5, the games turn too dark... someone know why?

5. Ital

Ital Member Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    Something is broken in the R440 drivers. It gets too dark in RE2 when G-SYNC is enabled. Turning off G-SYNC in RE2 returns the darkness to normal.

Fill out the NVIDIA Display Driver Feedback form below so that they will have a look at it:
    https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 1:01 PM
  6. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    If you read the front of this thread you kind of understand that as my card gets older and a new series comes out drivers will start to be optimized for that series technology and you may find an older set that preforms better for you. I will have this card for a while, it drives my gaming fine, and I find with past cards once a certain age I normally stick with one driver that just works. Remembering as I go helps.

Regards

venturi likes this.
  7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2060 SUPER
    Guys when you run TC Breakpoint benchmark, do you also have really bad stuttering at the start and like 30fps then it's fine after a few seconds?
    I tried the lowest gfx settings, but it didn't really improve the stuttering at the start of the benchmark. I have a game on the NVME disk.
    When I tested it with RX5700 it wasn't so bad.

8. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW

That doesn't explain anything, but thanks.

9. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Excellent find. This will be useful to other games too.

It does seem then that Rockstar has almost complete mGPU Vulkan support baked in. I don't have the game, but from what I've read the only SLI issue is flicking of shadows in custscenes, the main gameplay otherwise apparently works well with near perfect scaling.

I hope they officially add it as a feature.

10. NerdyBro

NerdyBro New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI SC EVGA
    Same here on my 2080 TI. Glad it's just hte drivers and not the card

tiliarou likes this.

11. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti AMP! OC
    I also have random crashes in Shadow of Tomb Raider (DX12, ultra settings with RTX On and DLSS On) also some crashes in Devil May Cry 5 in both DX11 and DX12, but those are more rare.

I should mention, I'm on Windows 10 1903 latest build.

12. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX2080ti Strix
    Will do, I'll just have to recreate the problem, Did a clean Windows 10 install yesterday, I won't be hard to do all I have to do is enable Directx 12.
    I'll email it off to you when it's done.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

ID_0x80857A28 = 0x00000001 might stop the flicker, i still don't believe any of the AA or SLI compatibility fields affect vulkan.

14. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti Windforce
    He's saying that this driver is nice and stable, so in the future if he downloads a driver that doesn't work well for him, he will be able to "fall back" to this one.

HARDRESET likes this.
  15. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Thanks for that. Yeah I can't imagine they would do, though it's interesting we now know the other fields can have an impact (if at least by preventing features from working).

I've posted your information to the Master Compatibility Flags thread btw :)

16. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX2080ti Strix
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 11:12 AM
  17. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    how to remove or disable the fkn ansel?
    i know that before when using standard drivers it was program files look for the configuration exe in ansel folder and disable,
    but know its missing + i am on DCH drivers so no ansel whotso ever in the files i can't find, but the shitty launch every time i start the games.

EDIT: I've manage to disable it in the NVIDIA profile Inspector.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 1:40 PM
  18. AuerX

AuerX Member

GPU:
    PNY RTX2070 OC
    I'm having the SOTTR hard lockups now too. I do however have much less of them if I run my RTX2070 with stock clocks.

19. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

could it just be that Turing utilises dx12/vulkan better?
    I used to have 1080tis and when I went to the 2080ti I found that games ran a lot better for me in dx12 options if available
    But the people I gave the 1080tis to would be playing the same game and the dx12 for them would be a poor experience.

Random thought, Anymore insight is welcome im just curious

20. blunden

blunden Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 Ti
    Is that supposed to prevent the crashes? :) The game crashes even without MSI Afterburner running as far as I'm aware. If there was an effective workaround though, I'd love that.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019 at 4:02 PM