Geforce Game Ready Driver 441.12 - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Tadeo, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I can't tell if you're a dense or willfully ignorant,

Game Ready is the name of the driver package, it is not the subject matter that dictates the flow of the topic and not all aspects of a driver are Game related.

So the logic you are trying to force here is flawed and irrelevant to the conversation that spans the top most of the page.

2. ultra5711

ultra5711 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan on Agua
    Careful, might close the thread after you have defeated him/her with logic... oh wait. Lul

If this entity is a mod I motion a vote of no-confidence, their term has ran its course.

AQUILES likes this.
  3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Yes, really.
    Tell me, what do you think the Studio Driver package is meant for?

Astyanax and AQUILES like this.
  4. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780Ti
    It is striking that even though Nvidia has taken the time to clearly name and separate each driver, depending on how the GPU is used, they still don't understand it.

BlackScout and ultra5711 like this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    GRD 441.12 is the same binary set as 441.12 Studio, the only difference is installer wording and the infs cover a reduced set of graphics cards.

It's wrong to say that one or the other set is better to use (since they are the same code with with same profiles), the studio packages are just "Out of band" issues / fixes bake longer between sets, but issues present in the GRD are still in the studio set.

The studio family is meant to be a long term service set but isn't necessarily more professional to use than the GRD

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    jura11 likes this.
  6. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you fill out the driver feedback form below please so we can look into this?

https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Manuel, RDR2 appears to have MGPU capability but for some reason requires SLI preffs to be set to activate it for some users.

Code:
    Profile "Red Dead Redemption II"
        ShowOn GeForce
        ProfileType Application
        Executable "red2.exe"
        Executable "rdr2.exe"
        Setting ID_0x00035aed = 0x00000001
        Setting ID_0x00a06946 = 0x080000f5 UserSpecified=true
        Setting ID_0x00fc7620 = 0x00000000
        Setting ID_0x1033cec2 = 0x00000002 UserSpecified=true
        Setting ID_0x1033dcd3 = 0x00000004 UserSpecified=true
        Setting ID_0x105e2a1d = 0x00000004
        Setting ID_0x106d5cff = 0x00000000
        Setting ID_0x10f9dc81 = 0x00000011
        Setting ID_0x80857a28 = 0x00000001
    EndProfile

8. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    So my Mom, who's 84, just moved in with us and she asked if Seattle has 5G yet? Curious why she was wondering about 5G despite not owning a phone capable I inquired why she wanted to know? She asked, aren't you worried about the 5G crisis? Crisis, I replied? Then she hit me with it and I wondered wtf had happened to my Mom, a lawyer who was always logical and fact based. So, I dusted off a physics book and we went through the electromagnetic spectrum, where radio waves are on the spectrum, and ionizing vs non-ionizing radiation. After an hour she looked me in the eye and asked, "yeah, but aren't you worried?" Clearly, understanding the subject isn't the problem. For whatever reason, she's fully invested in this and isn't giving it up easily. I came here for an escape as I just installed these last night. F me, right?

Drivers seem solid so far. Valley is up a bit from 440.97. Haven't played with any of the new features, doubt I will. Only had a change to run through Vermintide 2 last night for ~ an hour, but, solid, smooth. Keepers so far. No issues with Firefox or youtube or any of the other small irritants which would cause me to revert. Will try the new CoD tonight.

9. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Nope. Please fill out driver feedback form and also email me screenshots of your in game graphics settings used and what settings you have changed from the default settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel to driverfeedback@nvidia.com:

https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

If you have a save game file to that location, please also include it with your screenshots. Thanks.

10. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Without GPUView trace log, we probably can't look into this. Please capture a tracelog about 30 seconds long of the hitching with the new driver as described:
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3507

Then capture about 30 seconds with the old driver in the same location to compare. Send both to driverfeedback@nvidia.com. Thanks.

11. HoWxCoRe

HoWxCoRe New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI X TRIO
    Quick question, does Low Latency Mode work on Modern warfare 2019 with Ray tracing enabled / DX12 ?

12. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    none
  13. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    I sure hope 1080ti performance is going to be improved with RDR2.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    low latency does nothing for DX12 and vulkan titles, the cpu prepared buffer is controlled via the game.
    NULL may affect it though with its frame cap

15. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT/290X
    I got 6 reports for this thread, I ignored them, if you're the ONE person in the middle of this BS don't reply, you will be banned.

16. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    So PPSSPP loads fine with these drivers (no long delay). And I suspect they did with the previous drivers.
    It seems like the issue is POSSIBLY GeForce Experience. Despite uninstalling GFE after the fact, PPSSPP still loads slowly. Clean DDU install without GFE solves the issue.
    I only took notice of this because RDR2 also suffers this with Vulkan. Previously RDR2 would go straight to the loading bar on the bottom of the screen, with GFE I have a black screen for a minute. In game performance doesn't seem effected.
    I have experimental features turned on.
    I truly don't know where to start with this.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I think its both actually

The settings in both utilise the reshade loader.

if you reboot with the setting active it gets loaded into DWM and any other gpu using proces that starts with windows will inherit the state of the setting until you reboot with it disabled. It has affected chrome and various other tools in this way and persists till reboot.

18. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    That sounds accurate, would explain my headaches trying to narrow things down.
    I'm confused it seems like no one cares about this. It's a shame too, GFE's Freestyle Vulkan support works well with RDR2.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Hopefully the vulkan issue will get fixed when they incorporate the new reshade loader from 4.4.0

20. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Yes I find this interesting too. There are a number of Youtube vids showcasing RDR2 working with Vulkan with SLI using a profile. Yet, like DX12 (as far as I understand), multi-gpu needs to be managed by the mGPU support built into Vulkan. So how are these profiles working?

It would be great to see an official RDR2 SLI profile from Nvidia, though.