Geforce Game Ready Driver 440.97 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Esagerao

Esagerao Member

GPU:
    6900xt Red D Ultim
    Shadow of the tomb rider dx12 crash here

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Game play or benchmark?

3. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    It's always people who don't currently use it that keep saying this. It's bizarrre.

I have some 300 games installed, and 90% of them work just great with SLI. No ifs, no buts. Some needed a few tweaks to an SLI profile, but most don't, and tweaking is hardly a hurdle for the people on these forums.

And for a 'dead' technology, we've had 10 new SLI profiles across the last two official driver releases, supporting the latest games. Including one in this very thread for The Outer Worlds.

I dunno why people keep saying -- and seemingly enjoy saying -- that SLI is dead when it clearly isn't. Is it a niche technology? Absolutely, always has been. Is it dead? Nope, and as long as games come out with ever more demanding graphical requirements, I can't see it ever dying.

It's almost as if some of those who keep trumpting that it's dead are saying so somewhat out of disappointment, that they wish it was in fact more widespread, and I certainly agree with those people here. SLI offers advantages beyond just performance scaling -- I can play a game at max detail and not have my GPU fan sounding like a jet plane, for example, as the load is split between two cards with fans spinning slower and making far less noise. I can employ DSR on games at very high resolutions and play with even greater visual fidelity that would be impossible with a single card. And I can play games at high resolution and maximum detail without having to sacrifice one or the other, as you will need to do with any recent game on a single card most of the time.

Honestly, if money is not a barrier (and fairly it is for a lot of people), running SLI is a no brainer if you want the absolute best gaming experience.

This is a common misconception. My two 1080Tis in SLI are about 35-40% faster than a single 2080Ti. If that single card can't do 4k max details at 60hz (and for of the many latest titles, this is the case) then that's it, you have to sacrifice resolution or graphics. I don't. I play most of my games at this res max detail with demanding Reshade shaders on top (such as MXAO) without ever dipping below 60. There is no single card that can match this.

Maybe the 3080Ti will best this, but then I'lll just buy two 2080TIs in SLI and again be beating the 'leading card' and playing games with a higher visual fidelity, framerate, and resolution than would ever be possible on a single card.

@ManuelG -- this is the first time this has been done. However from our understanding The Outer Worlds uses UE4, and other UE4 games work just fine (and brilliantly, in fact) with SLI. I've just been playing Deep Rock Galactic no issues with their UE4 game and SLI.

Can you please go back to the tech team and provide more information? Alternatively, just enable it for pre-Turing cards regardless. Even if The Outer Worlds has made some adjustments to the engine, and the scaling isn't perfect. Right now a single 2080Ti can't do 4k 60 consistently according to benchmarks (see here: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/the-outer-worlds-obsidians-new-rpg-game.424252/page-11). But two 1080Tis will achieve this even with minimal scaling. As above, I play on 4K @ 60 (LG OLED).

Thanks for listening and participating in this community.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    venturi, The1, Dagda and 3 others like this.
  4. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Turbo 24G
    I don't disagree with most of what you said, but i must say the 1080ti is kind of a special card. They have shown a single 1080ti to still be able to outperform a 2080ti at 4k in some instances. Plus it has 11GB RAM, which is generally a limiting factor for SLI. You may not get double VRAM from SLI, but 11GB is more than enough for most games even at 4k. I really only got rid of my 1080ti because a friend was building a pc and couldn't afford it so i sold him mine for much cheaper than he would have paid online.

I will say this: Borderlands 3 is also UE4, and with tweaking 1 or 2 settings (volumetric fog is the FPS killer in that one, basically invisible), I run solid 4k 60fps with my 2080ti. I even play it with Reshade on, game looks beautiful (especially in HDR). It's one of those things that annoys me so much when people start a game, go to the graphics settings and set it to Ultra and then go "wahhh my fps what did i pay all this money for???", when tweaking a few settings makes the game run so much better.

I think nvidia is saying they can't guarantee performance for people running 2x 1060's and trying to do 4k or something? And if they are moving to NVlink as the new SLI, they are saying they will not be optimizing old SLI stuff anymore? Just my 2 cents, lol

5. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    performance decrease in games like assassins creed odyssey and others after long play time, and weird scores in time spy, i think driver is not stable, all this waiting for nothing AMD released like 3 drivers between nvidia drivers, i think better back to 436.51 (BETA), not really professional from nvidia, we are expecting more performance and better stability from a new released driver, crap.

6. Ajokawir

Ajokawir New Member

GPU:
    Zotac Gtx 1660 Ti
    anyone experience random slow motion in PES 2020 in this driver, and maybe know how to fix it? thx

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Are you the guy that posted he lost 1 fps on the nvidia forum :rolleyes:

fr3quency and angelgraves13 like this.
  8. Socio

Socio Member

So it is still better to use DDU to uninstall the drivers first rather than having the GeForce Experience app update the drivers?

9. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080ti
    Anyone try this driver with the new Modern Warfare?

10. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    no !!! i reverted to 436.51 and all ok, now i'm sure it's crap

11. HoWxCoRe

HoWxCoRe Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW ULTRA
    yes, and no problems so far... perhaps like 1 map on multiplayer that either needs game optimization and or driver optimization (the one with the busses) forgot the name of the map.. this is with ray tracing on... even though it looks like multiplayer doesn't utilize ray tracing half as much as the single player does. Single player runs flawless. :cool:

12. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Beatiful, what You said is the absolute truth, and don't forget the people that are there because it's trending to hate some things OR just repeats what other guy with no clue how to use sli said, and some others just want to avoid the stigma of having sli since now apparently wasting 1000 on a single gpu is good and the rest is just poor people who can't afford and mommy won't buy for them. But if You waste same amount of money OR more on a multigpu rig, then You are just an idiot who just throw his money away and should be ashamed of that because poor people are starving.

We live in a society, lol ok nvm i'm out xD.

Sajittarius likes this.
  13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Funny thing is even with Turing cards, SLi isn’t working in The Outer Worlds, I’m guessing it might get added to the game via a patch but I’m not getting my hopes up.

I’ve been running SLi since the 6800GT and this will definitely be the last time I bother with it, really is a waste of cash, support sucks hard these days.

14. Anthony Bessel

Anthony Bessel New Member

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Experiencing Forza 7 freezing on my other system running 440.97 as well. Same symptoms as posted previously.

2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme
    Z390 Aorus Ultra
    2x16GB 3200

Also experiencing large frame times or frame drops during gameplay that were not experienced prior to 440.97. Most significantly on the Rio de Janeiro circuit so far.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Already have a confirmation of this by Manuel, it seems to be a regression to a fix already implemented in the 436 branch where forza leaks memory, stops loading new textures and then crashes.

16. Johannah

Johannah Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    I got some weird slow motion with these drivers in World of Warcraft BFA yestersay. I changed to the latest vulkan drivers and everything is fine again.

17. AuerX

AuerX Master Guru

GPU:
    Locke Mk IIb
    Works fine for the few games I play atm: Conan Exiles, No Man's Sky, Quake II RTX, WH40K Inquisitor/Martyr, WH40K Mechanicus and some D3.
    RTX2070

18. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    only tested TC Breakpoint / AC Origins so far, runs smooth without any frame pacing issues :) (unlike on RX5700).

19. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    i advice all to revert to 436.51, this driver is really crap all forums saying that , and please stop with SLI it's just marketing to take your money, don't be idiot dude.

20. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Turbo 24G
    Driver worked well for me this week in Surge 2, Borderlands 3, Outer Worlds, and Fortnite

3 of those games are Unreal Engine 4 so no crazy bugs in UE4 at least. And Surge 2 is Vulkan, seemed fine there. Also FreeStyle is working in Surge 2 (thank god because the new test builds of Reshade with Vulkan support still not working in Surge 2)