Geforce Game Ready Driver 436.30 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Sep 10, 2019.

1. JAMVA

JAMVA Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080
    Hi @ManuelG , i've filled in a Display Driver Feedback form for the Nvidia Control Panel not saving the 'show physx visual indicator' setting between driver installs.

Thankyou :)

2. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Using MSI Afterburner, it happens immediately with Edge open, and Twitter open. You can also "feel" the games becoming sluggish

3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    what happens if you make a profile for MS Edge in RTSS and set application detection level to none?

4. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    I don't have RTSS installed, I just use MSI Afterburner, I don't use the overlay. If I disable hardware acceleration of IE11, which also disables it in Edge, then I don't have the issue with Twitter being open

5. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    I just tried with the Sli indicator on, and this will always shows its working, but if you view the clock speeds and gpu usage in MSI Afterburner, the 1 card is not being used. With Twitch closed, both cards are running at the same speed and the usage is identical for both cards.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Purpspyk is not the only person experiencing this, I have seen others on reddit reporting it too.

7. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Nice to know, I was not ware of this, I was about to reformat.

8. k37chup

k37chup Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti XTrio
    For me it is Borderland 3. Up then down too often for my liking.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    @ManuelG another reddit user has reported that much like Darrens case, exiting Afterburner and RTSS together stopped the GW502 crashes.

10. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    This driver fixed the occasional hitching i had in R6: Siege with ultra low latency mode.

11. Sylencer

Sylencer Member

GPU:
    2080 Asus Strix OC
    I got one 2k 165hz & one 1080p 144hz on my GPU and my 3rd monitor (1080p 60hz) on my Cpu (Mainboard hdmi).

12. tayyar

tayyar Member

GPU:
    @ManuelG

Can you guys please bring back the non-vsync'd borderless mode?

After 391.something drivers it's always forced on, regardless of the Control Panel setting and many games nowadays implement borderless as fullscreen and they're laggy.

I'm still on 391.29 Tesla drivers because of this.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    tayyar likes this.
  14. tayyar

tayyar Member

GPU:
    Thanks very very much my friend.

So from my understanding, WDDM something introduced this behavior and NVidia driver 392.x needed to comply with it, that's why it's forced.

15. Himitsu

Himitsu Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    I`ve confirmed this is not a driver related issue, since it happens with other drivers (happens less often with older drivers), also, not a bios problem since I changed my Bios and also happens.

Here is a video about my problem:

16. Magicblow

Magicblow Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1070 Asus Oc
    Can you check your pc with malwarebytes?

17. Himitsu

Himitsu Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    It`s been like.... 10 years, maybe more, since I had a anti virus or something like that in my pc... But since I`m clueless, I ran this Malwarebytes, it found 4 things related to chrome and... I still have the problem...

Next step, format...

18. Himitsu

Himitsu Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    Clean Windows and still have the problem...

19. JAMVA

JAMVA Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080

Hi @ManuelG This is using the Express Installation during driver install.

20. kindred

kindred Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
    I have a dual boot system, Windows 7 and Windows 10 and I'm using a RTX 2070 graphics card and I can no longer get super sampling anti aliasing to work using Nvidia Inspector on either Battlefield 2 and battlefield 2142 using the 430. drivers under Windows 10 . I really hate jaggies, but what's even more annoying is that I'm getting awful graphical glitches and stuttering in both BF2 and BF2142 (smoke effects flashing on and off).

Windows 10: BF2 & BF2142: I can't get AA to work at all using Nvidia Inspector. Nvidia Control Panel works. Graphical glitches, smoke and shadows flickering on and off.
    Windows 7: BF2 & BF2142: AA works fine using Nvidia Inspector, but I get awful graphical glitches with smoke and fire effects flashing on and off all over the place and really bad stuttering even though the FPS is 90+.

I never had any of these problems with my old graphics card, a GTX 770 when using Windows 10 and Windows 7, or even Widows XP. These games ran fine in any OS.

Is Nvidia no longer bothered about older games not working and instead is just concentrating on new games?

Does anyone else with an RTX graphics card experience these problems? Or maybe there's something wrong with my graphics card? The highest temp while playing was only 45C. Are these artifacts caused by a faulty GFX card, Nvidia driver bugs or game related bugs. I never noticed these glitches with my GTX 770.

After further experimentation it appears that the glitches are caused by activating any kind of AA, either in game or through the Nvidia control panel. NO AA= no graphics glitches, smoke and shadows work, so it looks like it must be a Nvidia driver problem because the game ran fine with AA turned on when I was using a GTX 770 with older drivers. With my GTX 770 I used to play this game with 8XSuperSampling with no graphical glitches whatsoever.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019