Geforce game ready driver 359.00 whql

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by norton, Nov 19, 2015.

1. bossj00

bossj00 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan X's - SLI

lol this guy :p thinking tri-sli is going to do anything :D (Just messing with you) but seriously... I have 2 Titan X's and this **** still isn't helping.

Since the OS to end all Optimizations, Windows 10, was released, everything has been subpar. Nothing that Nvidia is releasing is ground breaking or helping with performance.

This past driver didn't even contain any fixes. Not even sure how it was different from the past driver.

It's just poor. Someone needs to start another GPU company and actually do **** right.

I'm tired of Nvidia and AMD.

2. Scout

Scout Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    Sometimes I wonder what some people around here are doing, I never got a restart request while installing these drivers, they didn't kidnap my dog and steal my wallet either, I used to come here to check if it was safe to install drivers but right now it's full of false reports.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  3. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    ubisoft badly optimize or i5 really sux? if sux intel shouldn't sell it at the 1st point.

4. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    i5 is very good choice but the game is badly optimized the only difference between i5 and i7 is the Hyper Threading and those fake threads have no effect on 99% of games
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=402869

5. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    This seems to have fixed enabling and disabling monitors from the nvidia control panel, except being able to change the primary monitor. I still have to go to the Settings app to do that.

6. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti
    This. I've been a member since 04, but the member base here has changed dramatically. Now its all the 4chan troll types on here anymore. Only pop in every once in a while and actually post. I still read the reviews and all that though cause Hilbert still does a great job

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Ubisoft are terrible and it's not just on consoles and pc. One look at "Driver: Paradise" on ipad (air here) shows how rubbish their programmers can be and this is after "Metal" (kinda like Mantle) is available. Low-resolution, rubbish textures, low-fps, buggy racing, jerky movement...sound familiar?

Compare Driver: Paradise to Asphalt 8 or even Riptide GP2. Yeah, it's THAT bad!

So, remember; Ubisoft - consistently bad on all platforms.

8. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    I think unless you see a video, then, you have no idea what you're talking about tbh. Some of us are using custom vbios+bios. You would have to own the same hardware to see why.

Stick to reports for your own hardware please...not everyone's rig works like yours.

9. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Confirmed works with this driver, cheers!

358.91 Burnout: Paradise doesn't work here, with this driver it works fine.

10. justsomeguy6575

justsomeguy6575 Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 Gigabyte G1
    I have the same problem.
    358.87 not working
    358.91 working
    359.00 not working

I think 358.91 was from a different branch and .87 and .00 are the same branch

EDIT:
    Just went back to .91 and now custom resolutions don't work on that one anymore either ( I know I had it working before trying .00. Went back to .87 and still doesn't work.

11. Trino D

Trino D Member

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 Ti
    Assassin's Creed Syndicate runs at a solid 60fps(vsync) for me with these drivers @ 1600p some of the settings require lowering, shadows-high Hbao+ fxaa only, everything else full. The game still looks fantastic with these settings :\

12. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC
    no... i installed without internet connection... cable disconnected

13. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
  14. hey there. how is this driver for fallout 4 on win7 specifically ?? so far i'm still using the 356.04 dev driver and its great for all games but in fallout 4 i get one (actually really the only one) issue that is kinda annoying. the better texture versions load in pretty late from time to time on some items.

like when i look at something like a trash can for 10 seconds it loads the ultra texture. before its like medium or high. from what i have read its supposed to be a problem with the game and everyone is experiencing that ?

or might it be driverreleated ?

don't want to change my driver for nothing because after months of searching i found a great one and don'T want to **** it up. therefore i'm asking here :)

15. audiodistortion

audiodistortion Member

GPU:
    Titan X(P) + 980(PhysX)
    I'm still on 355.82

Since 358 branch... all my games use less VRAM and it impacts performance in some.

GTAV is a prime example... shows just over 3GB VRAM in use on 358/359 (and stutters), but over 5GB!?? VRAM on 355.82 (but runs AMAZING)

Whatever VRAM magic NV added to 355.82, please bring it into the new drivers.

16. SmashedBrain

SmashedBrain Member

GPU:
    2x970@1500Mhz
    Indeed.

SLI was bugged in the beginning with Attila so that performance would randomly drop to single GPU numbers during gaming, but that got fixed after 2 or 3 months.

Maybe they 'lost' the fix in this driver branch, QA noticed the problems and they simply decided to disable SLI because it's not a super popular game, lol.

17. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

so if it worked on the same driver it doesn't now, obviously it's not a driver issue.

are you doing a clean install with DDU? works fine here on all of those drivers you mention. I set up new resolutions the first thing after a driver install.

18. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Because 99% of games use just two threads max. Only recently that has started to change.

19. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 3090 RTX nvLink
    This driver sux

Detail: last stable 100% driver with performance was 353.62
    355, 358, 359 series have all the same issues
    Full clean load:
    Soma, and Metro crash upon startup
    Call to pry apt crash on level load

soma refuses to be slim after 353.62

Quake 3, severe lag and stutter
    Unreal tournament flashing textures

4gpu sli support apparently is forced to two gpu when viewed with nvidia inspector on
    Doom3
    Quake 4
    Quake Enemy territories
    Wolfenstein 2009

In addition performance of doom3 and quake 4 is down to 1GPU with drivers after 353.62

Performance is halved in Outlast and singularity (all comments are compared to 353.62)

Direct draw id broke after 353.62
    4gpu performance is halved for about a 1/3 of my titles

While it may seem like a blanket statement, but the appearance is that nvidia has major suckage ever since they started to cater to windows 10 or at least starting with anything after 353.62

from 351 to 353.62 stable and improvements, afterwards major major garbage

Nvidia - what are you doing???

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=403963

20. nevermind, tested it out myself :D well this driver is kinda identical compard to the 356.04 in all games and also fallout 4. nothing better and nothing worse then before.