GeForce Game Ready Driver 358.91 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maur0, Nov 9, 2015.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Nvidia they way its meant to be crippled and stutter with our own effects.

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    hell games released in early 2000 had these effects and didnt rely on nvidia for them.

anyway

nvidia needs to optimize their gameworks for different setups.

there is so much going on with its code and gpu code, and then combining that with the games code it self.

and then trying to push the gpu to process the code, when the gpu was never designed to handle this much stuff at one time. because the code came out after the gpu was designed.

this stuff gives me nightmares.:pc1:

kinda of like designing a really big half life mode using only brushes instead of models. takes way longer to load and impacts performance.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    1. Try setting your prerender limit for FO4 to 1.
    2. Try lowering you graphics settings.

How do you arrive to the conclusion that it's Gameworks fault?

4. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Which early 2000s game had these volumetric lighting and effects?

5. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Doom 3 i think was the first game to use dynamic shadows.

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Dynamic shadows is not volumetric lightning. What's more the usual screen space implementation of volumetric lightning isn't the same thing as NV's volumetric lightning which is using tesselation in game space to achieve the results and as such is completely view port independent.

One may argue that the same effect in game space can be achieved via voxel marching with compute shaders though which _may_ be a better fit for AMD's architecture. But why would NV think about AMD's architectures? It's not like AMD is giving a lot of thought into optimizing their code for NV's architectures either.

7. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    I know, i was off topic, lol.

8. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Good thing you have a 980 Ti bro, already feeling the benefits from it. :)

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Yes sir :D

10. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 960M
    Found a bug, don't know if it's exclusive of this driver or if it is present in previous ones.
    In Call of Duty Ghosts, with 2x MSAA and MFAA on, HBAO+ doesn't work correctly, there are a lot incorrect shadowing on the floor.
    Turning MFAA off, HBAO+ off, or raising MSAA to 4X solves this issue.
    A I said, I don't know if it is present in previous drives. It's the first time I play Ghosts since getting a Maxwell GPU.

11. Sergio

Sergio Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    At nvidia control panel > system information > it shows " IRQ : Not used ". Is this normal please? I tried to install this driver, it failed everytime, also tried windows update (same driver was there) , also that one failed to install. Gone back to 355.82 and i saw this IRQ not used thingy there. Normal please? Thanks.

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Completely normal. Also not really true lol. If you check the device manager you'll probably find out that your videocard does in fact still use an IRQ.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  13. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Guys I have just upgraded to threshold 2 and I realized that I can't set Texture filtering Quality to High quality and Trilinear optimization to Off at the same time.
    Trilinear optimization becomes greyed out on "On" as soon as I set the Filtering Quality to high quality.
    I installed the driver 358.91 a couple of days before upgrading to threshold 2 but I didn't try tweaking around the settings for my games before upgrading the OS. I clearly remember setting Texture filtering quality to high quality and Trilinear optimization to off for light games like Warthunder and Fifa in older versions of the drivers 1 or 2 months ago and now I am not sure whether Nvidia imposed this restrictions with 358.91 or if something bad happened to my driver while upgrading Windows. Please try replicating these settings and let me know if the control panel lets you keep high quality filtering and trilinear optimization set to off at the same time.

14. Sergio

Sergio Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    Thanks alot for answering.

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This was like this for several years now and it most definitely has nothing to do with TH2. Selecting High Quality means that all optimizations are off. You don't have to disable anything else.

There's even a hint in Inspector about this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015

16. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  17. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Well it means my driver must have been bugged for several months, because I recall clearly that that setting didn't get greyed out before and I could switch trilinear optimization on and off at will while texture filtering quality set to on. Thank you for your replies dr_rus and khanmein.

18. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Are you aware that an error margin exists ?
    If you run the test again you might gain another 50 points. It would be the best driver ever :banana:

19. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Pff so fast new drivers, is it better than previors driver for The Witcher 3, i dont want to test so fast new drivers cause it getting a hole job

20. Tuoni

Tuoni Member Guru

GPU:
    Denise
    Yeah because it is of course way more important to have 25 points more in some benchmark then a stable and smooth gaming experience. :bang:

I seriously don't understand people who decide if a driver is good or bad by just by a benchmark score.. :3eyes: