Geforce FX5800 -> Quadro FX2000 it works!!!!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by ronaldy_s, Oct 5, 2003.

1. dapperdan

dapperdan Active Member

GPU:
    softquadro 5900XT
    Pastor,
    My GFX is a 5800 Ultra with DDRII, it originally costs 449€ I both it there for 289 €.

2. pastor

pastor Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 6800GT - Dell bios modded to quadro 4000
    does anyone here use MAxtreme drivers for 3dsmax ?

3. dapperdan

dapperdan Active Member

GPU:
    softquadro 5900XT
    I use dem, why ?

4. pastor

pastor Member

GPU:
    no because i have many thought about it:

* first point is just an info : current MAxtreme .29 do not work with the New 3DSMAX6 :/

* but the last release and probably the next release(for maxv6) of MAxtreme will need to be used in conjonction with the last Detonators Drivers

* Softquadro Support future is unlikely (and so for the last or next detonators drivers :/ ) because Unwinder choosed ATI Radeon 9800 as his new developpement platform (Anyway many THX ,Unwinder, for your usefull work ;) )

So those 3 points make me wondering if it won't be risky to buy a GF FX while one of my friend is testing right now a softradeon 9800 under directX9 on 3dsmax and it seems that it really rocks ...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2003

5. pastor

pastor Member

GPU:
    what do you think about my thoughts ?

6. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Gainward GTX460 GS 2GB
    "but the last release and probably the next release(for maxv6) of MAxtreme will need to be used in conjonction with the last Detonators Drivers"

?! Where did you read this, this sounds not very true. All current maxtreme drivers don't care about which detonator is installed, they are separate drivers. So why should this change?
    I now use 4.00.29 with 3dsmax 5 and the speed is fantastic on my FX5900@FX3000 and det 44.90

7. pastor

pastor Member

GPU:
    you may be right but i remember that on my system, for instance, maxtreme 29 was buggy with detonator 42

but, u know, i would like very much to continue to use Nvidia low cost Cards + Softquadro system

but the fact that unwinder decided to not support anymore softquadro make me fear that, for instance, in the future, nvidia and discreet update the 3dsmax real time renderer with features like real time shadows, real time reflections, and in this case, you definitively need the more recent detonators to enable the fonction i guess.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  8. dapperdan

dapperdan Active Member

GPU:
    softquadro 5900XT
    MAxtreme .29 works with Max5 but not with Max6, you're right.
    Anyway, why would the next version require a specific detonator to work with ?
    Where did you get this info ?

9. pastor

pastor Member

GPU:
    i don't know dapperdan, but it could be right, isn't it ?

in fact i would like that an expert of this subject give us his opinion about it.
    Like .... [​IMG] ... hmm Unwinder for instance [​IMG]

so i'll have less uncertainty before buying a graphic card , Nvidia or ATI ...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  10. andrzejl

andrzejl Member

GPU:
    Pixelviev FX5200 128MB
    First of all, thanx for activation :)

Now let's get to businnes: I have elsa gladiac MX, which I moded into quadro 2 mxt/ex and later on into elsa synergy 2000. I also did manage to install maxtreme in some old 3.0 version on an ancient 3dviz2, but...SUCKS! The vieports are transparent - it simply doesn't work. I also DO NOT HAVE additional opengl applicaton settings - the only thing that changes is the card name. Same with benchmarks; different name , same speed...Please anybody tell me if that's the final result- changing name only?!! Did anyone encounter silmilar problems?

11. dapperdan

dapperdan Active Member

GPU:
    softquadro 5900XT
  12. andrzejl

andrzejl Member

GPU:
    Pixelviev FX5200 128MB
    THANX DAPPERDAN, BUT I ALREADY USE RIVATUNER2 RC14, AND OLD DETONATORS, LIKE 12.40 AND 41.00. MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE OF WIN ME?

13. Nyx

Nyx New Member

GPU:
    TerraTec Mystify 5800 Ultra
    Hello guys, and first of all, thank you so much Unwinder for a great job on the RivaTuner!

But...

I have a TerraTec Mystify 5800 Ultra with modded 45.28, and I'm getting low scores on SPECViewperf 7.1.1. It could certainly be due to only having a 4x AGP on my Tyan 2462 board, but I recall someone getting way past 20 on the 3dsmax02 benchmark with 4x. I have at most 15-something. I have not installed SoftQ4 this time, because Unwinder told us it wasn't necessary on the NV30, which earlier tests with the SQ4/44.02/44.90 proves for me.

Is the AGP slowing the whole thing down, or doesn't the (single) XP2100+ do the trick? Or is TerraTec the one to blame?

Anyway, it performs way past my previous 3DLabs Oxygen 210 card at 3ds max, but nowhere near the expected from a Quadro or even a GeForce of modern times. Hey, a Quadro FX2000 costs $1500 right?

Suggestions are highly appreciated!

14. dapperdan

dapperdan Active Member

GPU:
    softquadro 5900XT
    My mother board has also an AGP4X and my results are goods !
    have you turned off Vsync ?

i'm sure you didn't ;-)

15. Nyx

Nyx New Member

GPU:
    TerraTec Mystify 5800 Ultra
    Hi dapperdan, thanks for replying!

Yes, I have disabled vsync both in RT and display properties. It is only in RT's OpenGL-settings, Direct3D and dp you can do this, right? But something isn't right, I get the same results whether vsync is enabled or disabled for some reason.

3dsmax-02 ranges from 14.80 to 15.20. I'm pretty stuck here.

I also noticed that you have separate clock frequencies for 2D/3D. Does this make any difference in the tests?

16. Pazsion

Pazsion Member

GPU:
    5500 nvidia /quadro 600 unlocked?
  17. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    That does not tell us anything. You should post SpecViewPerf 7.X results and a diagnostic report from Rivatuner.