Geforce FX 5600 Ultra VS. ATI Radeon 9500 PRO + Nvidia: dawn demo (nude)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by tylerv, Apr 24, 2003.

1. tylerv

tylerv Guest

bet 99% of yal pervs will skip this part.. ah well

I'm in a dilemma here... i'm in a tugofwar between GFFX 5600 Ultra, and ATI Radeon 9500 PRO. So far ATI is starting to cross the line first. Radeon beats the FX in most all benchmarks...
    #1 the ATI has 8 pipelines, vs 4 on the FX. The DX9 benchmarks were horrid on the FX... in 3DMark03 it failed horribly. The only plus to the GFFX is the advanced shading achitecture and whatnot. I'm wondering if the GFFX defeat by the Radeon is because of immature drivers... what do you think? Only people who know what they're talking about here... not little punks who think NVIDIA is the best... many ati products beat out the fx series.

what do yall think?

nude dawn thread:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/sho...=&threadid=8403

all the nude dawn pictures available at this time:

http://members.shaw.ca/tylerv2/dawn/

2. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + CX OLED
    The ATI 9500 pro is the superior product. Although Nvidia cards have superior stablity with most motherboards which is a plus on the Nvidia side. When it comes to high framerate with high image quality, the 9500 is the way to go. The GeforceFX takes a hit in framerate when Antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering is enabled.

The 9500 pro can handle the "eye candy" much better than the GeforceFX series of cards. I've had the opportunity to play with the 9500 pro, 9700 pro, GeForceFX Ultra and I own the 9800 pro.

I've been with Nvidia for a long time but currently, ATI has the better product. If you decide to go with ATI I hope you will not have compatibility issues with your motherboard. Do your research.

Unfortunately the ATI cards are not always as friendly as their Nvidia counterparts.

If you find that you will not have compatibility issues, definitely go with the 9500 pro.

3. Y2A

Y2A Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 6800 OC (16, 6 400/850)
    I disagree, I do not think the 9500 PRO is the superior product as far as stock speeds are concerned. A nicely OC'd 9500 might out perform a 5600, don't count on it. The raw speeds of the 5600, while proving to be quite inefficient against the elite ATi cards, can handle the mainstream 9500 PRO. However there is a hefty price difference between the two. Price/performance goes to the Radeon 9500 PRO which is slightly less powerful but over 100 dollars cheaper.

4. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + CX OLED
    I would rather have a video card that can handle image quality and the speed. For example, the stock speeds for the Geforce FX Ultra are much higher than the 9800 pro however, when antialiasing and anisotropic filtering is enabled, the GeforceFX Ultra gets owned by the 9800 pro.

Raw power is one thing but with today's and tomorrow's games, speed and image quality is a must. The GeforceFX 5600 can't perform as well as the 9500 pro when the eye candy is turned on.

The next generation of Nvidia products will be something to keep an eye out for. But as for this round, the clear winner is ATI's 9500-9800 pros when it comes to combining image quality and still maintaining a nice framerate.

5. tylerv

tylerv Guest

attn: Y2A

attn: Y2A

I think you haven't really seen any "real" benchmarks between the gffx 5600 ultra & ati 9500 pro

check out toms hardware review, and go through all the benchmarks... the 9500 pro beats the 5600 on %95 of the tests... sometimes almost twice as fast

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030311/index.html

6. tylerv

tylerv Guest

correction.... is sometimes OVER twice or three times as fast
    especially in the pixel shader benchmark

9500 pro: 152.1 frames per sec
    geforce fx 5600 ultra: 54.2 fps

3 times faster

thats not all of them though... just check em out on the website i provided in the previous post

7. Emanon75

Emanon75 Guest

The GFFX is crippled by it's meager 128bit mem bus..
    (theoretical bandwidth of 16GS/sec.)
    This is why it gets stomped by 97/9800's when AA or Aniso is applied.

No drivers can possibly overcome this handicap. :rolleyes:
    (though, it should be noted tha the R9x00 uses an adaptive method for AA)

The 97/9800pro cards have a 256bit mem bus( theoretical bandwidth of 21.6GB/sec - 9800pro), giving them the edge over tha GFFX when dealing with apps and benchmarks while using AA, Aniso or high resolutions..

But you are talking about a 9500pro with a 128bit memory bus..
    That changes things a little...
    But not much. ;)
    The 9500pro is still faster than a 5600ultra..