GeForce Forceware 295.73 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I upgraded from 290.53 and imo, IQ is better and Skyrim is smoother (higher framerate).
    Havent played anything else for a while so cant comment further.
    They have been trouble free so far.

2. h220wnzj00

h220wnzj00 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Dual-X
    Installed these today and Skyrim runs really smooth with my gtx470 sli. gpu usage on the first card is a constant 99%. Second card ranges between 90-99%. Great drivers!

3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    so far I finish 3 games with these, RAGE, Duke Nukem Forever and its dlc, and call of duty, no problems,and now playing mass effect 3, watch some movies too, no problems.

4. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Flash Player 11.1.102.63, flash videos stuttering alot. Anyone experiencing this also pls? thx

Driver 295.73

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I installed these last night, all I've been playing is Serious Sam 3, so I can only comment on that right now. These are keepers, no noticeable framerate improvements, BUT, the blocky shadows the game had when from a distance are gone, these drivers cleaned that up which bothered the crap out of me. That alone makes these keepers for me unless the botch up anything else I try to play within the next 6 months aka the next time nvidia releases a driver.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  7. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
  8. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
  9. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    Okay so I had to revert to these older drivers from the new 296.10 ones because I was getting PSOD's, and now I'm on these 295.73 drivers, also on the same day as I rolled back the drivers I updated Flash Player to the latest release 11.2.202.228, only now I'm getting mad screen tearing while watching flash videos.

I guess what I'm asking here is, are any of you also experiencing screen tearing watching flash videos on these drivers with the latest flash? Is this a known driver thing or flash player thing? I'm just trying to trouble shoot this first without having to jump back and forth between drivers to test to see what the actual problem could be etc. If this is a common problem whats a good driver to fall back on where this isn't a problem?

I want to say I was on the 285.58 drivers before I upgraded to the PSOD ones, then reverted to 295.73 screen tearing drivers, but this is just on memory and looking at the date of 285.58, they seem really really old so maybe not, I'll wait an see what you guys have to say before I revert even farther back to 285.58 to see if that fixes Flash tearing.

Also using GTX460, if that bit of info helps.

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Anyone else notice that Trilinear Optimization is "on" in the driver but off in Nvidia inspector? The option is basically flipped, which is correct?

11. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    If it is greyed out, then it doesn't matter what it says...it is disabled.