GeForce Forceware 295.73 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Dranzerk

Dranzerk Active Member

Registery cleaners don't improve system performance at all. If that is what you are implying. Leaving something behind does not make it bad.

Most the stuff left in registry just is the same values that a new driver would put anyways.

2. xaudiox

xaudiox Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX1080 GS
    Of course it finds leftovers after driver removal, them leftovers would be replaced when you install the new driver anyway so whats the piont in using it ?

Wrong, a clean install also removes all previous nvidia drivers from the "Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository" folder as well as profiles etc.
    Any other remaining files will be overwritten by the new driver you are installing.

Driver sweeper has no benifit at all for a simple driver update IMO, never had any probs without it.

3. xaudiox

xaudiox Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX1080 GS
    So why use driver sweeper ??

4. mystiky

mystiky Active Member

installed 295.73 but

I went from 285.62 (WHQL) to 295.73 (WHQL). Did a "clean install" and did not select the two 3D options. All went smoothly, rebooted, but my Windows 7 SP1 x64 just locked up after about 4 hours while using IE 9.x I never played any games before it happend.

I don't overclock, have an 560Ti card...

I did a cold reboot and uninstalled the HD Audio and the Installer program. OF course, on reboot, it re-auto-installed the HD Audio drivers.

In any case, I am running now for 10 hours or so without problems.

Now, I shall try to play COD MW3. With 285.62 I never had even one system freeze/lockup.

5. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    There are many leftovers when you uninstalling the driver, but when you press "clean install" in nvidia installer then it make sure they get removed or replaced.

6. LoGiX FR

LoGiX FR Member

GPU:
    Sli GTX 980 Ti OC edition
    It's seems unbelievable, but it looks like you were right !!

I also had some problems with my xfi forte drivers not loading on some reboots, maybe it was coming from the lan drivers as well !!

Thank you !! :banana:

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    sorry if its been mentioned already but haven't been keeping up with this thread.

I'm getting no more than 65 Gpu usage in BF3 campaign and the stuttering is very annoying, i've tried AF 1,2 and single gpu aswell as using inspector profile but no go. FPS goes between 55-60.

i72600k
    gtx 580 x2
    vista 64

was alot smoother on 290.53 drivers but not really keen on rolling back just for bf3 - only game im having issues with

skyrim runs sooo good:):)

ahh i see looks as though im not the only one

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  8. Island

Island Master Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA 980Ti ACX 2.0
    WIERD WIERD ISSUE-I have had this issue with all the beta drivers and this driver with my system. I will not have an sli tab under nvida control panel unless I disable realtek lan driver. I also have been getting error 43 with this driver. I tried to roll back the realtek driver and still had the issue. I just disabled the realtek driver and rebooted...no issues...wtf....I need the realtek driver to use my internet....I need sum help here...wonder if I should email nvidia?

9. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    I suggest you to try them again, they're great for me now.

What I did was create a user.cfg file in the root Battlefield 3 folder, and add the following inside using Notepad;

RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0

Now these drivers seem to be awesome for me, including Battlefield 3! :)

10. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    Getting bsod with those drivers when playing rift :(

0x0000004E
    &
    got this after reboot
    0x0000003B

11. S†v0r

S†v0r Banned

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz

0x1E = increase vcore, or lower RAM frequency/ increase RAM voltage
    0x3B = increase vcore, or lower RAM frequency/ increase RAM voltage
    http://www.overclock.net/t/940091/bsod-codes-when-ocing-must-have-info

in both cases its one and the same thing 04E is (01E), i guess 29x.xx really are more ram freq./timings/voltage sensitive, especially when OC'ed.. lol i saw that by my lga775 system.

12. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    You shouldn't need to use realteks driver because windows will just install a default one (should anyways, we all know windows)

As for the Graphics driver, no crashes to speak of in anything yet, but too lazy to benchmark and hope for a 3fps gain:coffee:

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    To be 100% sure that no game will have any issues with a driver swap.
    I have seen it when going from some 270 to 280, didn't get solved before I cleaned out the slack.
    Same as some people that got problems with crashed and swtor, a complete clean driver install solved it for some of them, mainly single gpu users.

14. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    no problems here so far..Tested in Fifa 12 and Deus Ex missing link..

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

last time you guys have done this, it didn't go too well, remember?

it was omg even I know that stop code is RAM timings... turned out it was something completely different.
    you can't tell sh1t by looking at the first three stop code digits aight :)

that's why there are liek... more numbers behind it ;), and dump files, and the debugging tools and whatnot.

you can guess and be lucky, just don't count on it
    besides it's a lost case anyway... if he's bsod-ing and has to be told to revert his OC

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

16. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    They are. I had to up the voltage by couple of notches when came from 28x to 29x...

just keep'em juiced well, and no BSOD.

17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    clean your PC a bit , and be amazed how 29x.xx suddenly do not require MORE VOLTAGE :D

18. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    Happens even when everything Is back to stock settings.
    Noticed that I get a bsod when my pc wakes up from sleep. So what I did was turn the power plan to high performance, and nvidia settings to prefered max performance.

I'll test It more later to check If I get a bsod again.

19. Phatboy69

Phatboy69 Guest

I had 3B stop errors on 290.36 290.53 with nvidia surround enabled on reboot.
    This was with 4way sli on R4E X79.
    This latest WHQL driver fixed that issue for me.
    So it is likely a driver issue not a voltage issue. Try a clean install or driver sweep clean from safe mode.

"This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code."

20. mcantu

mcantu Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti 1 GB