GeForce ForceWare 260.63 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Galdere, Sep 14, 2010.

?

How do you rate 260.63 beta?

1. Better than 258.96

266 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. Worse than 258.96

39 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. About the same

48 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. My bug wasn't fixed!

21 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    well anyway all that adaptive does is enable 2d clocks setting it to full performance all it does is disable 2d clocks i would leave them on unless having issues.

modern warfare 2 i probaly have low gpu usage also in MP.
    but hey do i need more then 90 fps constantly ? :p

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    yeah not :D..thanx for talking man ;)

so i leave it ADAPTIVE

3. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    well your choice tough if you think it helps setting it to maximum performance then i would do per game profile least does't break 2d clocks this way on desktop :p

4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    I'm getting nVidia control panel glitches up the wazoo, these drivers blow ass. Still no update. Jeez, I hope the recent ATI drivers don't suck this badly.

5. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 oc
    I have tested just about everything like kombustor and after burner to monitor clocks,gpu usage and volts I noticed that running just kombuster (in any mode) gpu usage is constantly at 99% and volts ok (this test does not use cpu) when i tested all of the above together with stressing prime 95 (overclocked and default cpu) everything was ok except the gpu usage which randomly increased and decreased with all modes dx11 dx10 dx9.
    I am starting to get very disapointed with nvidia as i have invested 560euros for this card and i cant play a game decently i have bought a few new game releases such as Dead Rising 2 which drops down to 30 fps in some points and the same goes with F1 2010. NVIDIA do something and get your drivers working right and do it fast too we all have been waiting to long:bang::biggun:

6. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    only run 2 or 3 threads in prime if u gonna stress gpu same time

7. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    I'm having this problem where my fan would slow down from 3500RPM to like 750RPM and my 480 will reach temps of 105C and i cant change the fan speed at all. Have to restart my entire system. This happens while playing games.

8. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    No new drivers... Again!

9. ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM

ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA-680 FTW+
    if your running Everest or more then one monitoring program this has been noticed with recent Nvidia drivers

10. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX Vega 56 AB
    If I have AfterBurner active (because of overclocking) but with LOGs of and "pause" on that monitor screen + Everest Logging ON, is this considered as "more than one" monitor progs?
    cheers

11. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    So was there a fire at nvidia recently? Longest stretch between any releases I can recall. lol

12. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Gaming OC
    OMG, is almost three months without WHQL drivers from nVidia! nVidia what are you doing?! Please give us good, stable drivers for GF104! So many new games have been come out...

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've had no issues with new games recently, and definitely no stability issues, but I've not played Dead Rising2 yet, and the issues with F1 are game related, but Mafia2, Darksiders, Fifa11, and the Lara Croft game have all been fine for me with my GTX460.

I do think they are taking the piss with the length of time, can't remember the last time i waited this long for a new driver, but for anyone getting their hopes up about a new WHQL, i wouldn't, none of the beta's have been mind blowing for anyone, and have caused issues for others.

14. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Dead Rising 2 is fine... I'm pretty sure it uses 1 gpu 100%, however SLI scaling isn't so hot.

15. patch9164

patch9164 Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 470 GC @750Mhz
    These drivers are fine for me. A long time ago I invested in Acronis True Image to clone my hard drive. The last time I had problems with a new driver, I cloned my drive with the stable driver before installing the new one. When the new driver gave me problems that I couldn't resolve I just cloned the drive back with the stable driver. With cloning I do not have to reinstall windows or all of my programs and profiles. The software was well worth the money and saved me a lot of headaches and time. Just a suggestion for those who are having serious problems with a new driver install and have had to reinstall everything. If this helps just one person than I am happy to have shared this info. As for as I am concerned if I have a good stable driver and a new release doesn't work I just wait for the next new driver and try it, but it doesn't matter if nvidia takes 4 weeks or 4 months between driver releases. Patience is a virtue.

16. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    I see, i have HWMonitor running the see how my NB temps were doing. Maybe thats why? I was just shocked to see my GPU go up to 105C, just got the dam card, dont want it to die.

17. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    For people with the 2d clock issue,try this.If you open up EVGA precision when on desktop you see your card is in 2d mode right ? ok,Leave EVGA open then open GPU Z..Look at EVGA precision,you will see it changed to 3d mode. So whatever it is,atleast for me,whenever i open up GPU Z,my card switches to 3d mode,and Stays in 3d mode.So my suggestion is whenever you play a game just open up GPU Z and leave it running the whole time,you can even monitor your speeds and see that they didnt clock down to 2d mode when having GPU Z open..atleast this worked for me.I also tried the Rivatuner trick with enabling perfmode to maximize performance but that didn;t work out.The Gpu z thing worked for me,hope it does for all of you too...and yea i Want some new ****ing drivers!!!!!! These ones work **** for me and i still run on 259.32. btw some new ****ing mobo drivers wont be bad at all since its been like a year ago that they released some new one's for 980a Sli. :bawl:

18. pasanen

pasanen Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 980
    F**k nvidia! Scaling is broken... AGAIN (Edit, no it actually isn't. The setting reverts back but the sacling still works and maintains the proper AR). And now it seems, that in order to open the control panel, you have to keep NVSvc service enabled. This has never been the case before...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  19. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    HWMonitor gives some fan issues with GTX4X0 cards, at a certain random time blocks the fan @40%. I had the same problem, my video card arrived to 108° C with no thermal throttling. I've been lucky, because I was monitoring temps... Otherwise... Dead video card.

20. skryabin

skryabin Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX1070 ASUS
    Someone can confirm this?

Using 258.96 I can watch TV on Windows Media Center in full screen, with inverse telecine enabled, perfect

Upgraded to 260.63, Media Center in full screen is now unwatchable, because of micro-stuttering, mostly noticeable in sport events during pannings

It doesn't helps if I enable inverse telecine or not, but when disabled everything turns into a slideshow.

It happens only in full screen! In windowed mode it works perfect, smooth as usual, even if I resize the window to take all the monitor space and more.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010