1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce ForceWare 260.63 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Galdere, Sep 14, 2010.

?

How do you rate 260.63 beta?

1. Better than 258.96

266 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. Worse than 258.96

39 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. About the same

48 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. My bug wasn't fixed!

21 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. DON666

DON666 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX470 PE 2GB/OC
  2. nick0323

nick0323 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 Jetstream OC
    Well I only had time to install these this morning and run a quick CSS Stress Test (Win XP 32-bit).

All installed fine, Control Panel is nice and responsive and my CSS Stress Test went up from 374FPS to 388FPS so a nice little boost. I will test 3D Mark 06 and Far Cry 2 later.

So far I'm pleased with them, will need to test out the Video - the quality was poor with 258.xx. Either that or I'm just used to a much higher quality from my older gen ATI.

3. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    No problem! :)

Anyway it's easy to obtain international drivers before the final refresh of the nVidia website, you just have to type "international" instead of "english" in the web address. :)

PS: did you notice that Dynamic Tiling has disappeared? Experimental setting?

4. SonyXP

SonyXP New Member

To clarify this - the driver did not list / recognise my installation of SC2 (having that "only games on my computer" box checked). The blindo I am, I did not even notice that there actually was a Starcraft 2 Profile coming along with that driver (Missed it when browsing that profile drop down list), hence I manually refered to the SC2.exe ;)

So yes - you're right ofc!

Thought the other pal might have had the same issue (he was actually using the starcraft2.exe) :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010

5. WacKEDmaN

WacKEDmaN Guest

thats a known issue with GPUCapsViewer...the Julia Demo will crash on the lastest drivers..but the other OpenCL demos work file (Particles, Mesh deform,Post FX)

6. russ1

russ1 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 Hurricane
    Seem pretty good drivers but i still get slowdowns in Dirt2 with Gigabyte gtx 460, never had this problem with my old 8800gt. Does anybody else get this problem?

7. TheAgeOfMen

TheAgeOfMen Master Guru

GPU:
    750M
    Gamma is not adjustable in nvid controle panel, not that bad, u can adjust that at other places ofcourse (monitor/ingame), gives some weird negative shade.

Beter then a non adjustable Contrast, wich i like to have on 65, same as DV.

8. El_Presidente

El_Presidente Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Sitrix SLI
    I have same bug. Hope that will be fixed for final drivers.

9. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Anyone having trouble getting the battlefield 2/sf servers to work? , just hangs for 2mins when i click on the multiplayer tab. Then an empty list , driver related or not?

p.s These drivers are exactly the same as the leaked ones in performance

10. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    i got the same problem, using steam, i used file check option for bc2 , and all fixed.

For driver, i dont know how this happened but , my Realtek HD Audio went broken after installing this driver, i mean its reseted , so i had to reinstall audio realtek drivers again.

11. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    BC2 was very laggy and stuttered a lot. Not sure if it is some other variable or not, but I'll keep testing it. Hopefully it's not related to the drivers. The previous leaked 260 betas made BC2 super smooth :(

12. larsiano

larsiano Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Ti OC
    Havned tested this yet with Arma2 (some problem with server browser today). So i cant tell you yet if it is a good driver or not...

Does anyone know what the nvXDSync.exe service does? And can it be disabled on a gamesystem?

13. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
  14. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    give me the original game with serial i will test!!:)

15. Maced

Maced Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB
    Adjusting Gamma AND contrast at the same time makes the monitor go into like 256 color mode or something. heh

Also, they seem to have left out nView settings that we saw from the .52 beta.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010

16. wan_d7

wan_d7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 450 GTS 900/2000
    In the resolution, it says that my native reso is 1400x900 which is true, but it put recommended besides the 1280x1024. Is it better than my native?

17. S_IV

S_IV Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
    The aspect ratio of the resolution 1280x1024 is 5:4. So you should use the native resolution no matter what control panel recommends.

18. trementine

trementine Member

GPU:
    Colorful GTX 480
    With the new clean install, it is needed to run driver sweeper too?

19. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    +1 on this question, its become my religion to always driver sweep and cclean..
    this will be great if its not necessary for future nvidia drivers :D

20. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Almost nothing for GTX470/480 users. Totally disapointed.