GeForce ForceWare 260.63 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Galdere, Sep 14, 2010.

?

How do you rate 260.63 beta?

1. Better than 258.96

266 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. Worse than 258.96

39 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. About the same

48 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. My bug wasn't fixed!

21 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. SonyXP

SonyXP New Member

It does work. Unfortunately it's not the starcraft2.exe (which is the launcher) - instead add a new profile and refer to sc2.exe (in one of the subfolders of SCII) and it will properly recognise the game.

I was getting headaches over this one aswell till I found out.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  2. patch9164

patch9164 Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 470 GC @750Mhz
    I had same problem with CP. Very strange, but when I read the pdf on driver 260.63 at nvidia.com, there is a section on how to open control panel. They say to open CP from control panel. The CP opened fine from control panel. I also unchecked desktop context menu under view. Now everything works fine. Not sure why they felt the need to change this element. Maybe it will be back to normal when the whql version comes out in a couple of weeks. Hope this helps other people having this problem.

3. Sieras

Sieras Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    'Dynamic tiling' option is gone from CP comparing to 260.52 beta, guess it's still isn't finished and/or has problems or something.. Haven't tested this driver much but so far so good. And I really like new custom installer with clean install option, about time! lol. Been waiting for this for ages :)

4. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    ....\Versions\Base15405\SC2.exe

Superb drivers , thx Nvidia!

5. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Hmmm sounds like there are a few bugs....i'll wait for the WQHL.

Damnit's been a long time

6. craziplaya21

craziplaya21 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 ACX
    omg, /facepalm

thanks!

7. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Haven't really tested out games yet but my DPC latency has improved alot. I am now consistantly in the green. I do have one question though. Why when I click on my desktop does the latency tend to jump up past 500? It's not a big deal just noticed it jumps up when simply clicking on the desktop. Also happens when opening any app. Of course if I don't touch anything everything stays below 100. Overall dpc latency has improved.

As for the driver itself, it installed fine at first. Noticed a new installer. I had the driver installed the first time but didn't want hd audio driver so I said don't install but then driver failed because of that. Restarted, driver did install but no physX. All becasue I didn't install HD audio. So I tried out the new clean feature. It cleaned all but the nvlddmkm.dll files. At least driver sweeper said those were still left behind. I cleaned them. One poster mentioned that physX was CPU by default, the first time I installed the drivers it was but after a reinstall it now said auto-select. I use a 260 for physX anyways so not a big deal just interesting how it changed when all I did was uninstall then reinstall.

The HD Audio driver, i'm still a little confused if I need that or not. I didn't know but a older version was installed so I did finally just let the installer install the hd audio. I know my MSI 750i mobo uses onboard hd audio by realtek so is the nvidia one needed, is it replacing my realtek hd audio? My mobo is a MSI p7n sli-fi.

For Cuda cores, mine is on all. Since my 260 is set for physX should I just select cudas for the 260 or let the 460 and 260 use the cudas???

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  8. d2k

d2k Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 BE
    so..... any real improvement over 260.61 (b/c they were terrible IMO)
    :)

9. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Same here :( ,i Had many bsod using my 46'' HD TV thru HDMI , But in my 24;;LCD Monitor all its fine thru DVI. Weird resolutions and max resolution was 1280/720 ??? Im confused :/ on my HD TV thru HDMI. I cannot use my HD TV for gaming with this driver , it will crash or bsod :wanker: , many bugs on this Beta driver , going back to whql 258.96 as the colors look washed out and dull , they improved performance but also decreased IQ a lot , and introduce many new bugs :( , mehh i had high expectations :bang: , drivers are good only for Benchmarks 3DMarks , but for gaming :thumbdown dull colors really really dull and washed out.

10. d2k

d2k Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 BE
    & these new ones are telling me this..?? :3eyes: im on W7 x64

[​IMG]

11. ghost301

ghost301 Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GT 240
    I guess you getting the 32 bit one? The link in the first post have two 64 bit links and one is actually pointed to the 32 bit one. Check the name of the exe.

12. d2k

d2k Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 BE
    lol......oops :bang:

ive never done that before...

13. MrXGamer

MrXGamer Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Can someone please confirm if these drivers include a SLI profile for Amnesia?

Thanks.

14. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    where i can get intentional language??? there no on nvidia only english

15. Parabellum Uk

Parabellum Uk Member

GPU:
    SLi - Gainward GTX460 GLH
    Sweet hope these drivers have been worth the wait & im so looking forward to testing BC2 single & Sli modes.

16. Vood007

Vood007 Master Guru

GPU:
    Too
    OpenCL works now in DirectComputeBench but GPUCapsViewer crashes when running the OpenCL test, OpenCL is checked in GPU-Z and seems ok. I guess GPUCapsViewer needs an update.
    The Sensors in Everest missing in the leaked 260 are back now. NVCpl goes like a wet cat, no crashes so far. New Task NvXDSync.exe is still there.
    Fine drivers so far, going to test a bit more...

17. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Erm.. no? The exe name you want to apply to is SC2.exe as you say, but the profile in the driver is for SC2.exe...

If you don't believe me use the SLI profile exporter and have a look.

18. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    There's a bunch of folders with SC2.exe inside them (one for each game patch).

19. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Sure.. and if any of them are run they will trigger the proper AA profile (it's not path dependent).. I'm not sure what you're saying here.

20. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU