GeForce ForceWare 260.63 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Galdere, Sep 14, 2010.

?

How do you rate 260.63 beta?

1. Better than 258.96

266 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. Worse than 258.96

39 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. About the same

48 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. My bug wasn't fixed!

21 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    this is the first time i am actually using a HDMI cable for video. my display does not show when i first start the computer until i boot into windows. this is kind of annoying since maybe sometimes i have to go into the bios or boot off a usb stick.

is this a monitor issue or a card one?

2. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    did u try reboot? oddly my mates bios screen shows on tv after 2nd boot

3. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    dont get me wrong it works great once i boot into windows. its just the first initial start up.. like what happens if i need to access the bios or something i wont see lol.

4. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Its a poxy driver man, WTF?

5. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    IMO reinstalling a OS is not needed for a driver,game or any app. The only results you need are done by simply playing the games or apps that you like. Who cares about benchmarks, they mean nothing in real world. I don't get into all the benching and what not. If people like it, that's cool. If my games play fine and the apps I use are working then i'm happy.
    Now if you start getting errors and files not working/missing then I would do a repair type of thing. I still wouldn't do a complete reinstall of my OS unless I really had no other choice. In other words it a last resort type of thing.

6. tekin77

tekin77 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 690 gtx
    me.. read my previopus post

Hi all ive noticed something odd with EVGA Precision v2.0.0 and 260.63 beta driver

EVGA Precision v2.0.0 reports differing info with regards to fan speed at start up

however by pressing gpu 1 or 2 button thing seem to correct themselves

see attached screen prints

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  7. Celeras

Celeras Banned

GPU:
    eVGA GTX780 ACX SC
    Has anybody tested the 'clean install' option they added in comparison to driver sweeper? Like.. starting the install until it supposedly cleans all the old files, then reboot(should ask after this point i think) to safe mode and seeing if anything is left in Driver Sweeper? Would that even work?

8. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    In an early post, I said I found nvlddmkm.dll files through driver sweeper after I did the clean. I was only using ds 1.5.5 at the time, I now use 2.5.0. It may find more files, not 100% sure though.

9. tekin77

tekin77 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 690 gtx
    yeah bosd for me

10. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Yea it does the same or similar with 1.9.4 also. I had to actually apply the speed twice before it read the correct number. I hear my fan speed go to 100% but the numbers don't match. So it looks like the fans are working like there suppose to but the apps(PT,AB and I think RT) aren't reading the numbers correctly. They'll probably be updated once a whql driver comes out.

11. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Well gothic games now work great, love the new install UI and the clean install feature.

I DIDNT remove my old drivers and it seems to be working great. The end of restarts, sweeps, etc etc is here?! Seems to be... and not before time!

Havent tested with many games yet, only Mafia 2 which worked as before id say. Looking forward to testing GTA IV, Call of Pripyet and Metro 2033 later

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  12. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    No. You always have to/should restart after uninstalling a video driver. Most ppl may even say to do that with any driver just to make sure all the files get removed. I do not believe that the clean install in the new installer fully cleans out every file as I have found files still left over. They may or may have any effect overall though.

13. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    I did restart I'm just talking about the long process of uninstalling, restarting in safe mode, driver sweeping, resrating... etc. Its working so far so until I get a problem I'm happy to keep it that way.

14. somedude988

somedude988 New Member

GPU:
    3x MSI GTX 480 1.5GB
    If control panel isn't opening....

I had this exact same problem, and hopefully the same solution will work for you. It turns out that control panel was running, but for some reason it was not being displayed in a visible window or on the taskbar. Go into task manager, and check if "nvcplui.exe" is running in the processes tab. If it is, end the process, and then go into windows control panel and open up the nvidia control panel. It should open up normally from now on.

I hope this works for you! These drivers are amazing!

15. poo417

poo417 Master Guru

GPU:
    These have made a huge difference in BC2. I need to run in low setting with only staticobjects at medium in settings.ini (recomended by someone at dice :) )or i CTD but that is just BC2. I have gone from getting 55 - 65 to 80 - 110!! I did run it all at high until it CTD (around 10 mins) I was getting 55 - 65 with HBAO on and 75 - 90 with it off! GPU usage is still not great but alot better from 60 - 95.

On one of my other systems q9400 @3.4, 160 216 @ 660/1100 W7 64 I am still not really getting great usage on GPU from around 50 - 70 and still struggling to get good fps even at 1440 x 900 no matter the settings.

On my main system it is nice to finally have proper FPS :banana:

16. texasrattler

texasrattler Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    I've hardly ever use safe mode. I have found it doesn't make much if any difference at all. Everyone will have there own opinons on it but whatever.
    Driver Sweeper may still be needed if you want all the files completely gone and you still may not find all the files. Might have to manually delete them from the registry. Time will tell if the clean feature will do any better, somehow I doubt it. I think it'll clean what it needs to but not every single file. Some ppl want all the files gone.
    If everything is working then cool, nothing to worry about. If you run into problems then maybe safe mode can help. I just uninstall driver,restart,use ccleaner then driver sweeper(u can restart again if u want, not really needed) then install. U can even defrag which ppl will say u should do after ever driver install. I don't go that far but a regular basis defrag should always be done.

17. vrt684

vrt684 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660 SC
    yeah as long as you make sure all is well with the fan up high and dont reboot again you can game fine but is annoying

18. TheAgeOfMen

TheAgeOfMen Master Guru

GPU:
    750M
    These drivers arent that great for me, the do perform beter, but the image quality is soo much worse then the older drivers, i just deinstalled the 260.63 to test it, and lol i have much beter quality now.

I think these 260.63 are the worst quality (not performance) drivers i have seen the last 4 years, not my kind of drivers.

19. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Absolutely nothing changed in image quality wise in drivers, so maybe you had some old registry settings regarding anisotropic filtering or anything related to it.

20. Mikel7

Mikel7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX970/4096Mb
    Image quality is for me about the same as all the other drivers never really noticed a big difference of IQ between different versions of drivers.