GeForce Forceware 260.52 Win 7/Vista 64-bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by phk, Sep 8, 2010.

1. FinBenton

FinBenton New Member

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    My gtx uses abaut 1100-1300Mb.

2. Alex_Smile

Alex_Smile Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX260OC 896Mb
    1100-1300 of 1536? If you change game settings in BFBC2 amount of load VRAM changes?
    If I change game settings BFBC2 load VRAM same as any settings...
    Although such GTA4 VRAM load correct, used all...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    mine used around 500-700mb in single player( i think its 3rd mission - snow level) @ 1280x1024 all maxed, except 2xaa, "dx11" mode.

4. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Like I said, let's hope the reason is incomplete driver :)

I remember a certain set, don't know which nr, where I suddenly lost the possibility to put my LCD TV in 1920x1200, I had to create a custom resolution.
    And for that set I also had to look for another way to get my PC LCD to 76(75)Hz in 1680x1050, which I found back then.

These drivers are showing the same signs in a way, where I can not create the 76Hz mode anymore, don't know about the TV as I haven't tested it yet.
    I'm just hoping it's this driver set and it will be fixed in the full (beta) ones.

What you say I have also, all of a sudden it's 1080p blablabla, while before it was just PC 1920x1080 in the menu, weird stuff so somethings up there.

We'll see later eh, when the full one comes.

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Nvidia must care more about the GTX 480's and 470's because BC2 runs in SLI like a dream. No stutter or anything weird on these drivers.

6. Wanny

Wanny Guest

honestly thought it still ran like crap in SLI.

7. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Wow weird. Not sure what to say there. Runs 60FPS Vsync for me all max'd out at 1920x1080. I even crank the AA up to 32x and run 2x supersampling AA with 16xAF.

I never dip below 60FPS.

It's just weird to see so many users reporting bad performance. I can understand the GTX 460 users, but your 470's arent performing well?

I mean we have a pretty similar system except for vid cards.

8. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
  9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Don't think your reading the posts GhostXL, people aren't having issues with getting 60fps with VSync enabled and all the eye candy on full, its those who are not getting any performance increase from lowering the settings.

Me personally, im getting around 50fps with a single GTX460, it is overclocked to 950, and i am only playing SP though, and while my GPU utilization is fine, i understand the issue they are having, and know from speaking to friends that it also affect higher end cards in SLI.

Steve30x, not sure how that is relevant in the slightest, especially when its full of out of date "you don't need a quad core" nonsense.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well one card use 99% GPU usage and SLI only uses 30%/30%.

30/30% = 60% single power. That's why I say it runs like crap...

still have good fps but I'm just looking at GPU utilisation.

11. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Thanks for being rude.
    It seem you may not know that games are (for most of them) not using more than 2 core; so a CPU Utilization of 50% max (*could*)mean that your cpu is in fact bottle necking in a 2 threaded game scenario *depend if the programmer put a sleep on the code of the thread). So if you play a game thats is single thread, you wont get any fps lost even if you disable 7 cores and gpu usage wont change either or will be very negligible (cause by the other stuff running in the background).

CPU monitoring software can mislead us on the real cores utilizations. When programming application, you have the option to lock the thread on a core or not. I will not give the advantage/ disadvantage of both here but a lock single thread application will only show on monitoring software 1 cpu in use and a 1 thread (not locked on cores) will look like all cores of you cpu have some usage.
    I'm sorry for my English its not my primary language but hope you guys here can understand it.
    Also keep in mind i'm not saying there is nothing wrong with the GPU usage of nVidia. I just saw some people there and here saying they have the problem with their GPU but when I look at their CPU, its just very normal they don't hit their 100%
    Your post has been reported as rude btw. Was only trying to bring a point.

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    I'm reading posts very clearly, and I'm seeing people with SLI complaining about poor performance. Thus why all I said is I find it confusing. I wasn't even directing my post to you to begin with. 60FPS is smooth enough at vsync, I don't see the point of need more frames with tearing btw.

@Wanny

Gotcha, was curious. Thanks for the response in a polite manner! :)

13. Wolfseven

Wolfseven Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI NGTX580 1.2gb
    The only problems I'm having with 260.52 is
    NVIDIA Control panel Application has stopped responding
    I can not access the control panel. to set the setting for my display. and game functions.
    3 installs on clean and same problem.

14. patch9164

patch9164 Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 470 GC @750Mhz
    260.52 win7/vista 32 bit available at megaupload.com. Just installed it and everything seems fine. Haven't done any testing yet but like the 64 bit version, the control panel is very snappy. Not sure why they took so long to correct this but it is an added blessing.

15. Wolfseven

Wolfseven Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI NGTX580 1.2gb
    update and yes the DX7 is working I see better explosions in Falcon4 AF.
    and lighting.

16. Alex_Smile

Alex_Smile Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX260OC 896Mb
    I'm uploader. ;) But I got a warning from the administration nVidia that can not upload unreleased leak drivers.

17. vrt684

vrt684 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660 SC
    i have noticed that using msi afterburner on my 460 the fan speed after reboot will go back on 40% i know its not the bios update it already has it and worked fine before this driver its ok as long as i go set it again tell i reboot pc again though

18. Wolfseven

Wolfseven Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI NGTX580 1.2gb
    any one have a separate DL for the PhysX drivers those ar not working for me either Win7 64 bit

NVmind found them

well that didn't work either. I wonder why this version wont work on my system?

19. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    In the end they come from nvidia...
    but the way this is beter drivers than 258.96 259.32
    i love spliter cell (+5-10 fps) reminds me metal gear on ps1.

20. d2k

d2k Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX260 BE
    well....ive got no issues with these drivers, NVCP works just fine & im holding a steady 60fps on bfbc2 (mp) @ 2048x1152 with my humble GTX260

sweet drivers..:banana: