1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce Forceware 185.81 Download | Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by riverrat, Apr 30, 2009.

1. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    I'm using EVGA Precision with the 185.81, and can set my fan speed without any trouble. Try reinstalling Precision.

2. dajife

dajife Active Member

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte 980 G1
    It seems that this delay only happens on SLI systems with win7 RC.

3. blackdog62

blackdog62 Member

GPU:
    2 Gigabyte R9 290X
    Have them installed on Win XP pro & Win & x64 RC1 with no problems to report

4. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    So the Windows7 drivers aren't WDM1.1? Just good old WDM1.0?

What is the difference between the Vista and Windows7 drivers then?
    Have nVIDIA just re-named their Vista drivers into Windows7 just to make Windows7 people like me go haywire for nothing?

5. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    I have w7 bulid 7077 and still hapens

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Downloding right now...gona report little later

7. Breathless

Breathless Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 XXX 756C/2700M
    after having massive problems with all the 185.XX series drivers, I would like to report the following:

After a fresh format with Vista SP2 RTM X64 Integrated, I installed these drivers. They work great! No problems so far and I am getting noticeably better performance in Crysis and Company of heroes than I ever have.

Even a regular upgrade to SP2 from SP1 in windows did not have this effect at all. Still mad problems. But now, after a fresh installation I don't have any of the issues that kept me from installing the 185.XX series.

8. dajife

dajife Active Member

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte 980 G1
    Really they are WDDM1.1. You can see it running dxdiag.exe.

9. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 980 Ti
    Does anyone notice any shadow bugs with this driver, and also older drivers with the new Riddick game, Assault on Dark Athena?

10. Sasco

Sasco Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 970
    Odd, I tried that and still didn't work so went back to .50!

11. Roft

Roft Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac AMP! GTX 480
    XP 64 user here. These are by far the best drivers so far for me. The 185.20's were what I kept going back to up until now. The 185 series seem real hit and miss. But when you get one that works with your build, it's a beautiful thing.

12. ortucis

ortucis Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 1060 Extreme
    On Vista x64, FarCry 2 lost 1 FPS (DX10) for me running everything on Ultra using these beta over 182.50. Not a big deal.

However, on Mirror's Edge (just started playing, what a luck) there is a definite increase in performance with AA set to 4X now in areas with lots of geometry (everything else set to Highest on 1280x1024). Cool drivers as far as I am concerned.

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  13. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Great drivers for me. Company of Heroes dx10 runs smoother . Demigod, The last remnant, crysis all run great . No performance/graphical or other issues .

14. Faks

Faks Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 560 Ti 2GB
    well i removing all drivers of nvidia i will try reinstall all again :) maybe it's helps cause in 184.xxx i had that problem if not my windows is just again screwed well any way i hope get something better than before .

well i done all :) good software Driver Cleaner 3 :) to do it fast and good well i got some issue but nothing serious well since reinstall tested old games many should just turn off Ambient Occlusion and that's it ... and for hl2 engine resolved frame issue but in game profile can't set for it sow must turn of on global setting :( any way i got huge improvements how ever :) :3eyes:

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  15. Chronikas

Chronikas Member

GPU:
    XFX/GTX 280/1gb x2 SLI
    When will it stop raining betas? :confused: Will there ever be a 185.xx whql driver?

16. powspirit

powspirit New Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080TI AMP! EXT
    hola saludos disculpen solo hablo español... pero si otro sabe traducir que por favor lo haga gracias.... yo uso windows 7 64bit... para poder usar rivatuner 2.24 con estos driver en windows 7, solo hay que instalar los driver 185.81 windows vista 64bit en windows 7 64bit... ya lo probe y es igual el mismo rendimiento asi que no hay problemas....

17. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980TI Classified
    Que? just type in english man. Try searching a translator so we could at least try and understand what your saying...

Or if anyone would be so kind to translate what this fellow is saying?

18. Faks

Faks Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 560 Ti 2GB
    :)
    ----------- Machine Translation ----------------
    Hello greetings excuse alone I speak Spanish... but if another knows to translate that please do it thanks. ... I use Windows 7 64bit.. to be able to use rivatuner 2,24 with these driver in Windows 7, alone one must install the driver 185,81 Windows view 64bit in Windows 7 64bit.. already test it and is equal the same performance asi that there is not problems. ...

----------- Original Text ----------------
    hola saludos disculpen solo hablo español... pero si otro sabe traducir que por favor lo haga gracias.... yo uso windows 7 64bit... para poder usar rivatuner 2.24 con estos driver en windows 7, solo hay que instalar los driver 185.81 windows vista 64bit en windows 7 64bit... ya lo probe y es igual el mismo rendimiento asi que no hay problemas....

19. powspirit

powspirit New Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080TI AMP! EXT
    thank!!!!!! faks......

20. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    epic drivers for me, installed them 30 minutes ago and tested HAWX, Farcry2, Crysis and a few more games on my older rig with a 8800gtx card.

1) nvidia fixed the monitor misdetection which is what worried me and made me go back to 182.50 whql

2) in HAWX i'm seeing more details, more fog in the distance, more chaffs being released during the timedemo and more stuff, performance is at least 10fps more than 182xx for me.

3) FC2 performance is now same as 182.50 (it used to be lower with 185.xx for me)

4) card seem to be throttling fine with the new beta drivers

5) in Crysis Warhead i've gained 4-5fps with AA enabled as advertised by nvidia, so far so good.

6) got a little problem in Fallout 3 where some object were flashing in the distance which never happened with the 182.50 drivers.

7) Grid and a few others games were all fine.

at this point, keepers.